Repaint Honda Civic Hybrid

S A

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to change the colour of my Honda Civic Hybrid, its Silver at the moment but I wanted to change it to White.

Would any of you know how much I would be looking at? Preferably if anyone would know how much Honda would charge on a repaint?

I am going to phone Honda and a couple other companies tomorrow, but wanted to know if anyone had any idea or recommendations for any company.

I am in the West Midlands area, so dont want to travel too far.

Take a look at THIS, probably a cheaper option.

Although I have to ask why?!

Silver looks so plain n dull... I want to liven the car up a bit... n White looks nice :) Plus if I might get the roof only wrapped in black, which I think looks nicer :)

Been quoted £2-3k for a full wrap :thumbsdow far more expensive than a repaint, as been quoted about £1k from a local firm for that.

Silver looks so plain n dull... I want to liven the car up a bit... n White looks nice :) Plus if I might get the roof only wrapped in black, which I think looks nicer :)

Been quoted £2-3k for a full wrap :thumbsdow far more expensive than a repaint, as been quoted about £1k from a local firm for that.

id seriously question a full respray that only cost 1k...

It's your first car so keep it silver, much easier to maintain.

Also you probably need to tell the DVLA if you change the colour. Not worth putting the money into that car.

Informing the DVLA isnt really a problem and in case I do need to keep it for a longer period that I hope to, then I think a different colour would be better cuz I cant stand the silver!!

Wouldn't it be cheaper to sell the car and just buy a white one?

A local firm may have quoted you £1k, but you get what you pay for and on something like paint work the finish is really important. I had a little scrape on my rear panel and i got various quotes coming in between £700-750 and that's in the same colour.

A complete new colour is a massive job and I have never heard of anyone doing it for £1k or for the fact respraying a whole car for that amount, and can't imagine the job being very good.

Last edited:
We bought it quite cheap, and its low mileage as well, so its buying another one may cost more depending on how much the repaint will cost.

Will phone Honda tomorrow and get a quote from them.

We bought it quite cheap, and its low mileage as well, so its buying another one may cost more depending on how much the repaint will cost.

Will phone Honda tomorrow and get a quote from them.

main dealership respray price? :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

A 1k respray will be awful, wont last and you will never sell the car for love nor money. to get a decent colour change will cost a bomb as you need to do the door checks, engine bay etc. Even a £4000 respray despite looking perfect leaves the factory corrosion resistance measures comprimised and buyers will avoid. get a wrap, or change cars. if its low mileage and in good condition like you say you should have no problem selling it?
That said the scrappy up the road used to do 50 quid resprays back in the day. used to laugh at the metros going in, getting a 10 minute tickle with the angle grinder and coming out with the tyres and windows covered in paint and more runs than a vindaloo lover convention.

Last edited:
Much to my surprise, and i bet everbody elses too, Honda have quoted me around £1500 for a full respray. They told me there are usually a few small spaces where the original colour would show, but they would show me those before hand. Those few minor spaces will be on the inside though, but I guess it's the same for any respray.

This was the Honda in Cannock And I did double check With the guy that the figure of £1500 is for a full respray, and he said yes.

Much to my surprise, and i bet everbody elses too, Honda have quoted me around £1500 for a full respray. They told me there are usually a few small spaces where the original colour would show, but they would show me those before hand. Those few minor spaces will be on the inside though, but I guess it's the same for any respray.

This was the Honda in Cannock And I did double check With the guy that the figure of £1500 is for a full respray, and he said yes.

not a full respray then. where were the bits the original colour would show?

One of the habits of effective people is to begin with the end in mind. Think this through. Your looking at spending £1500 to make your car extremely difficult to sell later. trust me, very few people will buy a car that has had a half-arsed colour change and those that will buy it will want a substantial discount.

I understand all your points but if Honda themselves are undertaking the work, would it really be half-arsed? I personally think they would do a pretty good job as their work is guaranteed.

Iv never done this before, so In terms of experience I don't know anything.

I will look into a bit more before making any decisions, as I don't want to ruin the car and then be unable to sell it.

Thanks again for all your responses. :)

Would it be an engine-out, glass-out respray for £1,500? That's a very good price if it is. What about inside the boot, will they be taking all the trim out and painting all that too?

Would it be an engine-out, glass-out respray for £1,500? That's a very good price if it is. What about inside the boot, will they be taking all the trim out and painting all that too?

Yh, they will be doing all that.

Id speak to them face to face and make sure 100%.

Still, I wouldn't spend £1500 on that car just to get it painted, but you know that. ;)

Car dealers are not looking for this kind of work, the Bodyshops can do a handful of jobs worth more that £1500 in a couple of days, trust me to get a new like finish you'd have to take it to a classic car restoration place or a max power stylee customs place and they both do not cost £1500.

Cas in point, remove rear bumper, make small repair, repaint along with tailgate trim and spray side skirt for me cost £459, the whole car I think would have been considerably more.

Liam

...and just for absolute clarity, "Honda" will not be doing this work. Either a garage that holds a Honda franchise (which means nothing more than that they sell Honda cars) and has its own body shop will be doing it; or, they will drive it along to an independent body shop nearby with whom they have an arrangement - and will add their own mark-up on what they actually charge.

a full respray will cost anything above £5000 depending on what colour and type of paint you use

meaning of a full respray is engine out all trim and windows removed basicly everything removed apart from the running gear, will cost more if it's a bare shell respray

what your getting quotes for is basicly a cover up respray where they remove some of the trim and then mask everything up ,this can be done very well but will only last a few years before the original colur starts coming through and the constant question of why the respray was it in a accident

a friend had is nissan 300zx done a couple of years ago changed it from white to Metallic Cadbury purple like on the chocolate bars which cost him £6500 but that was a full stripped out bare metal respray then another £6000 for everything uprated and trimmed and tuned

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom