Replacement for Panasonic DMR-EZ25 - recommendations?

kgollop

Established Member
Reaction score
My Panasonic DMR-EZ25 has just failed, it appears the laser/mechasnism has given up - cleaning the spindle etc has made no difference. I've been looking around for a replacement, but it seems standalone DVD recorders are pretty much obsolete nowadays! I already have a V+ and PS3 connected so am not looking to spend very much - no more than £150.

I've always found the DVD playback on the EZ25 to be superior to the PS3, and the PS3 will not play region 1 discs. I also need to be able to archive the occasional program from the V+ to DVD. HDMI connection would be a must.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any recommendations for a replacement?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Shameless bump - nobody any suggestions at all? :lease:

Panasonic EZ28EBK for £110 plus carriage unless you live locally.

I pick up mine from their factory shop.

Note that its reconditioned or shop/mfrs clearances.

Panasonic DMR-EZ28EB 1080p Upscaling DVDR With FREEView | Panasonic View All | electrical-deals.co.uk | The Online Quality Graded Outlet | Buy Online Now!

Thanks Royold, that's showing out of stock right now. Ideally I'd like something new, and multi region (I understand Panasonics are not that straight forward to make multi region).

Most probably someone saw the posting and purchased before you checked it out. It was in stock when I posted. Possibly it was new. The Toshiba HDD combi dvd I collected from them was new and so are the four 19" LCD TV's I purchased from them (which includes two with DVD players - combi's).

Two of the above TV's were for relatives.

The LG and Samsung DVD recorders have had a few adverse comments on the forum and I only have Panasonics, Toshiba and the Sony HXD 995.

Mutiregion machines are best purchased from outlets which modify them before sale. You can also use a one off remote control from MultiRegion UK. Costs about £25.

http://www.multi-region.co.uk/index.php

Last edited:
Thanks again Royold. I'd certainly like to stick to Panasonic as I've been impressed with the last two I've had. Other than the link you kindly posted, the best price I've seen for the EZ28 is £180 on Amazon - and I'd need to add £25 to hire the multi region remote. I can't really justify spending £200 when it'll be used so rarely for recording. I appreciate your comments.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom