Replacing Denon 2300...

jimster99

Hi all,

So my 2 year old (ish) Denon 2300 has had numerous problems since I purchased it and RS have kindly offered to do one of the following:

- Swap it with a 2600 for £75 (current year version of my model, basically identical)
- Swap it with a 3600 for £300 (current price £899) (slight upgrade)

I could also ask them to swap it (presumably) with a 4500 for a similar price (as that's also £999)

I could also just ask for a refund and wait until the current gen prices drop (e.g. the 3500 was as low as £400 a few months ago, so presumably that'll happen again next spring with the 3600) but I'm not sure I fancy waiting that long...

Any thoughts / suggestions? I was basically happy with the 2300 apart from its unreliability so don't really need to upgrade, although more toys are always good!

mushii

If your 2300 offered you everything that you wanted and it fitted your present and future needs take the 2600 at £75 upgrade. If you think that you want more or better Audyssey then consider the 3600 for £300 both are cracking deals and props to RS for honouring this.

gibbsy

As @mushii :hiya: has pointed out the 2600 would, apart from a few more improvements, offer you a like for like replacement as far as audio quality goes. The 3600 is going to give you a more future proof unit a in as much that you would have the ability to add more speakers and external power if you so wish. More powerful and with better components the 3600 also comes for a higher tier of calibration in Audyssey XT32. Phil Hilton has just reviewed the 3600 on the Forum and seems suitably impressed.

Top Bottom