REPORT: Hisense launch new NU9700 and NU8700 ULED 4K HDR TVs

waiting for price details anxiously!!

Is hdr 10 and 1000 nits so important to wait for the 2017 model over the 2016 m7000 models?

Other than gaming, is hdr 10 and 1000 nits beneficial to 4k movies and non 4k contents?

Is there a lot of hdr content to watch ?

Sorry if the questions sound stupid but I don't understand hdr and 1000 nits enough to decide if buying hisense 55m7000 (which I think is only 380 nits) will be just suitable for the average person.

I see 70NU9700 today and I can say that HDR is working on Netflix ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20170329_134847.jpg
    IMG_20170329_134847.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 492
  • IMG_20170329_134854.jpg
    IMG_20170329_134854.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 485
Is hdr 10 and 1000 nits so important to wait for the 2017 model over the 2016 m7000 models?

Other than gaming, is hdr 10 and 1000 nits beneficial to 4k movies and non 4k contents?

Is there a lot of hdr content to watch ?

Sorry if the questions sound stupid but I don't understand hdr and 1000 nits enough to decide if buying hisense 55m7000 (which I think is only 380 nits) will be just suitable for the average person.
Given its limitations I thought the M7000 handled HDR very well but a set that can deliver a wider colour gamut and 1,000nits of peak brightness can produce an HDR image that has greater impact. HDR is going to big over the next few years as it becomes the standard way of delivering films and TV programmes.

Given its limitations I thought the M7000 handled HDR very well but a set that can deliver a wider colour gamut and 1,000nits of peak brightness can produce an HDR image that has greater impact. HDR is going to big over the next few years as it becomes the standard way of delivering films and TV programmes.
Thanks Steve. I suppose price of the 2017 will be the deal breaker. Any idea when we are likely to know the prices.

We love our current M7000 but I'm very tempted by an upgrade to the 9700!

Hisense, being a relative newcomer to these shores, it would be good to get some feedback from existing owners as to the reliability and day to day wear and tear of units already out there.
Cheap pricing and buying a market is easy to do, (ala Samsung and LG), for a company of this size, but long term reliability and possible service issues are more important to me.
Marketing and PR only require £'s for brand visibility and tell me nothing about the actual product or company, other than they have deep pockets.

Last edited:
Hisense, being a relative newcomer to these shores, it would be good to get some feedback from existing owners as to the reliability and day to day wear and tear of units already out there.
Cheap pricing and buying a market is easy to do, (ala Samsung and LG), for a company of this size, but long term reliability and possible service issues are more important to me.
Marketing and PR only require £'s for brand visibility and tell me nothing about the actual product or company, other than they have deep pockets.

I have two of their 43" models. One in each of the kids bedrooms and they hammer them with gaming, Netflix and youtube. Never had any issues.

The brother in law has the 65" M7000 (thinks that's the model number) and he's also very happy and hasn't told me of any issues.

I've been impressed by the picture quality for the price on both the kids and his TV when fed a good source.

Can I ask what the difference between a Direct LED backlight and a Full Array Local Dimming is?

So they are the same really but one has local dimming zones? The reason I ask is the Sony ZD9 is obviously FALD. Does this mean it is a direct lit LED but it has a full amount of local dimming? The Hisense is going to be direct lit LED but only has 128 zones of local dimming, so it can't be categorised as FALD?

So why do the dimming zones appear to be going down on the 70? The US model was said to have 320 zones, the Australia model 240, and now the Europe/UK model 128?

I still hope the 75H10D/75N9/75MU9600 have 560 zones?

It's vague at Hisense indeed, they are not clear in their information!

Would you wait for these or go 902b now?

The 902b will smash these TV's, with the prices that the 902 go for its crazy not to get one, it'll still stand as one of the very best sets at the end of 2017.

Video is in 4K for those who can.

Well it will be interesting to see what UK pricing is for these new models, just hope they stay reasonable and don't get too expensive. Only issue is that they won't be out for another 3-4 months, in which time models from other manufacturers will have dropped in price. Remains to be seen as to how they compare and how attractive they are to possible buyers when available.

Well it will be interesting to see what UK pricing is for these new models, just hope they stay reasonable and don't get too expensive. Only issue is that they won't be out for another 3-4 months, in which time models from other manufacturers will have dropped in price. Remains to be seen as to how they compare and how attractive they are to possible buyers when available.
This is the fault in Hisense, they market their products always lagging compared to other brands !

That works out roughly what £2-2,500 for a 65', is it me or does that seem too expensive?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom