Report: Panasonic's 2018 LCDs at European Convention

The 55" needs to be no more than £1500 based on some of the euro prices being banded about of 1400-1500 .

we just lack information about the contrast ratio to complete the FX750 (780)!

Disappointing LCD releases with sub standard range with no FALD sets, not good for enthusiasts but for Joe Blogs who just wants an LCD set. I could see Panasonic moving away from TV business in near future. They seem to prioritize their Blu Ray decks than their TV sets, with mega expensive 4k Blu Ray players with both DB and HDR 10 plus

Last edited:
OLED is not the default choice for high end TV customers, as OLED does have its problems like banding, dancing pixels, low brightness for HDR and image retention/burn, all these forces customers to look for LCD with FALD.

Last edited:
We won't know that until we get the FX750 in for review but it will obviously be worse than the EX750, which used a VA panel.
I mean specialized sites like the official website of the manufacturer or some specialized sites like display specifications ... etc!

OLED is not a default choice for high end TV customers, as OLED does have its problems like banding, dancing pixels, low brightness for HDR and screen retention, all these forces customers to look for LCD with FALD.
It is as far as the TV manufacturers are concerned and speaking personally I'd take OLED over LCD any day of the week.

I mean specialized sites like the official website of the manufacturer or some specialized sites like display specifications ... etc!
I know what you mean, although most manufacturer contrast numbers in official specs tend to be exaggerated. In fact I've noticed that they often don't quote anything any more.

I had xd80 with IPS panel and black was gray,how narrow is view on VA when they decide to do this.....

OLED sets are of course superior to any LCD offerings out there, but I have a Panasonic AX902 - IPS with FALD - and it's the closest I've seen an LCD getting to the viewing angles and black levels of an OLED. I realise that VA panels have better native blacks, but for me I can't take the restrictions of the viewing angles. Well implemented IPS and FALD tends to be a bit-underrated in my book.

Hmm, relegated to the base model if you only want a smaller (43") screen. I wonder how it will compare with the Sony XF85 43".

Thanks for the answer Steve!
If Panasonic and philips give up the VA panel this year for the benefit of the IPS maybe there's a reason (an improvement maybe)!
hope for it anyway.

I think it's a solid lineup taking everything into account. The VA versions only had great blacks for one viewer, and looked worse than IPS at an angle. I'm interested to see the FX750 dimming system in action. Plus with bias and/or room lighting, IPS looks almost like VA, but from every angle.

Hopefully 50hz bug is fixed!

My Home Screen 3.0 with the lower third bar looks great. Always liked that OS.

I understand why FALD isn't viable, especially now OLED is almost affordable.

OLED is not a default choice for high end TV customers, as OLED does have its problems like banding, dancing pixels, low brightness for HDR and screen retention, all these forces customers to look for LCD with FALD.

and limited peak brightness combined with ABL. FX750 has a peak brightness of just 600 nits. Seriously?

It is as far as the TV manufacturers are concerned and speaking personally I'd take OLED over LCD any day of the week.
I would have OLED for six days of the week, but for that one day of the week, a good action blockbuster in HDR. At this point in time you can not beat a good FALD with all those nits, it reaches levels of quality that others can not seem to reach, for now anyway.

All this moaning about 600 nits... who ever came up with this stupid measurement need shooting. Its meaningless IMO.. Most of the people harping on havnt got a clue what they talking about other than the bigger the number so it must be better. There are many other factors involved in how the TV will perform and until its fully reviewed the number is just that .. a number .

All this moaning about 600 nits... who ever came up with this stupid measurement need shooting. Its meaningless IMO.. Most of the people harping on havnt got a clue what they talking about other than the bigger the number so it must be better. There are many other factors involved in how the TV will perform and until its fully reviewed the number is just that .. a number .
All the tv manufacturers have been harping on over the last 2 years or so about nits, buy our tv it has the highest nits out there, and then most of the tv reviewers jumped on the nits bandwagon, this has 1000 nits and it is the only way to show highlights in true HDR. anything under this is just not up to scratch, then a new years models start to appear with 1800 nits and 2000 nits. And oh my god, your viewing experience with HDR will be out of this world and not even an OLED can come near to this viewing experience.

Guess what, now you do not need all these nits to get the best viewing experience ever, now we are being told their is new technology that says we can give the same viewing pleasure with less nits because of this new algorythim that is inbuilt in our fantastic new chip. So to blame everyone who thought that the higher the nits your tv has, the better it is, is a bit of an insult IMO. If you want to blame anyone over this, blame the manufacturers who seem to change their stance everytime the wind blows, they will do whatever they have to, to try and sell their new line-up.

As far as i am concerned, the higher the nits with a FALD panel is the ultimate in a LCD tv technology at this point in time, so do not get hoodwinked by any of panasonics claims about this years line-up of LCD panels, to all intense and purposes panasonic have given up on their top of the range LCD. to concentrate on OLED. That is their choice, but i for one would have liked a few more years yet of a panasonic FALD TV Some people still do not like OLEDs for one reason or another, their is a whole segment of buyers out their whose needs for a top of the range LCD are not being met by panasonic. They have every right to hype up their new range of LCD tvs but these tvs are mid-range and only mid-range, the DX could be the last and greatest LCD that panasonic ever made.

Don’t know how many nits my Panasonic VT65 pumps out I’m sure it will be a low number, maybe a few more than my sons hair, but I’d bet the picture quality would beat most lcds with 60 million nits any day...

I had xd80 with IPS panel and black was gray,how narrow is view on VA when they decide to do this.....

Depends on the tv to be honest in question, even some IPS low end tv's from LG currently have bad viewing angles, not much better than VA, even though IPS is supposed to be superior in this regard.

I think it's a solid lineup taking everything into account. The VA versions only had great blacks for one viewer, and looked worse than IPS at an angle. I'm interested to see the FX750 dimming system in action. Plus with bias and/or room lighting, IPS looks almost like VA, but from every angle.

Hopefully 50hz bug is fixed!

My Home Screen 3.0 with the lower third bar looks great. Always liked that OS.

I understand why FALD isn't viable, especially now OLED is almost affordable.

It might be the case that Panasonic are using the same LG SOC and T-CON as the Nano Cell's currently, with their renowned picture processing bolted on top.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom