Resident Evil: Village

Looks like the rumours were true.
Subtitle of Village, snowy setting, the castle, a cult, witches and werewolves, and some kind of zombie?

One thing, thought. It looks like they've re-redesigned Chris to look more like he did in RE5.

Poor quality teeth and hair still, I know it's very early but they stuck out like sore thumbs.
Is this exclusive?

Poor quality teeth and hair still, I know it's very early but they stuck out like sore thumbs.
Is this exclusive?
No.

Capcom has announced Resident Evil: Village for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X in 2021.

Ill be all over this and really hope they make it a VR playable title as it really enhanced 7 for me. Just hope this one comes with some brown underwear

I thought this looked very interesting, It certainly had that tense vibe that the early RE's had even with it being a very different outlook with the mythology around it.

Oh god, I'm still trying to get through Biohazard in VR hah its terrifying. I'm still hoping this in VR also

The teaser looked great.

I'm too scared to play it in VR 😆

I started it in VR - it’s really quite something, but had to stop. Played the rest on a tradition device (tv).

This was due to motion sickness and in no way at all connected to the fact that I friking well poo’d myself within 5 mins of staring in VR and couldn’t leave the safe room. 😂😂😂😂

I started it in VR - it’s really quite something, but had to stop. Played the rest on a tradition device (tv).

This was due to motion sickness and in no way at all connected to the fact that I friking well poo’d myself within 5 mins of staring in VR and couldn’t leave the safe room. 😂😂😂😂

That old chestnut :D

I've yet to play 7, been waiting to get the VR to do it properly. Might just wait now and play it on the new console if there's new VR to be had.

I assume it will still be compatible.

That old chestnut :D

I've yet to play 7, been waiting to get the VR to do it properly. Might just wait now and play it on the new console if there's new VR to be had.

I assume it will still be compatible.
Haha - NB I didn’t actually poo. No poo came out. 😂 but yeah I bet there were a fair few people who started on VR but finished on TV.
I really enjoyed the game. First person (VR or TV) resi was great.
I had kinda hoped the RE makes of 2 and three might have a 1st person view as an unlock option or something.
I think being the first 1st person resi was a big impact anyway - the first time I played it was in VR when VR was new on PlayStation - it was a hell of a start. So so so intense.
I think only GTS in VR with my wheel and pedals comes come to sheer feeling when playing in VR.
Lovely. Stuff.
Yes PSVR works on PS5 confirmed by Sony so I hoping for a bump in res for the PS4 VR games as that would help massive - certainly while we wait for PSVR2

This does look good, I like the mix of reality and animated story telling, this could be really creepy if the controller is utilised well and probably too scary for me :D

This does look good, I like the mix of reality and animated story telling, this could be really creepy if the controller is utilised well and probably too scary for me :D
really hope they get round to a VR version again

Not heard a lot about this lately, but there’s some new information thanks to the official Playstation site. wccftech has the details:

Here’s the main tech details listed:
  • Stunning visuals: Explore Resident Evil Village's beautiful yet terrifying vistas and locales in 4K* with Ray Tracing.
  • Fast loading: Instantly pick up right where you left off with almost no load times, thanks to the power of the PS5 console's ultra-high speed SSD.
  • Adaptive triggers: Feel the weight and pull of weapon triggers for an even more immersive experience.
  • Haptic feedback: Simulate the feeling of firing a real gun with haptic feedback.
  • Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Surround yourself with the carefully crafted music and sounds of survival horror in Resident Evil Village. 3D Audio enhances the experience by making you feel the hair-raising sounds coming from every direction.
*Dynamic 4K and HDR require a compatible 4K & HDR compatible TV or display.

The showcase revealed a May 7th 2021 release date, confirmed last gen consoles versions as well as next gen and there's a RE: Village demo available as of last night exclusively on PS5. The demo features a different character to the one in the main game called The Maiden and there's no combat, you simply have to escape from the castle. Another completely new demo will also be released for all platforms in the Spring.

Last edited:
If you want to skip the trailers and other stuff here's a standalone video of RE: Village gameplay from yesterday's showcase. Running on PS5.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom