Answered retrieving video from BMW advanced car eye

Because the security certificate for HTTPS prevent hijacking of the connection.
With HTTP the connection can be redirected to a fake site, either when you connect or during the session.
No it doesn't the security certificate provides authentication of the server against the certificate and allows the start of the tls connection.

No, sorry, I know nothing about this.

One thing you could try in VLC is to see if there's more than one stream. So whilst it's playing, click Video > Video Track and see if there's more than one track.

Yep! You are correct, I am now able to view both front and rear video files per your advice. I have also taken some of my footage to the manager at BMW and he now can confidently inform future customers how to view their files. I have been rewarded for my efforts. Thank you.

Hi All,

I am also after help, I have just had ACE 2 fitted b y BMW, they gave me no istreuctions at all. I have downloaded the app, it did say there were videos and 1 g shock but when i go to videos etc. nothing in there? Any help apprecietd please?

@Mitchellpaul1970 - When I had my wife's fitted they didn't provide much by way of instruction or guidance either - they themselves didn't know how to use it

Are you using the App when its connected to the dashcam ssid ?
when connected look at recordings - under that option there are options for ACE and phone - you want ACE, phone is for when you have downloaded the video to your phone.
within that menu (Recordings>Ace>) there are further options for driving , parking and manual and then within that its split between videos and photos.
I'm assuming as you say videos in your case they should be accessible by going into Recordings>ACE>Driving>Videos.
The g shock should be under parking.
Hope that makes sense ?
if you need any more info post here and i'll try as best as I can to assist - the camera is quite fiddly to get to the videos etc, but once you have used it a few times its pretty straight forward.

Hi, yep I understand exactly what you have said. I am connected to the car but still nothing to view! I am waiting for the BMW people to get back to me. There after sales is awful!

Hi all - I had similar frustrations and the dealers didn't appear to know anything so I emailed the developer. They replied almost immediately and explained how it all worked - including the PC viewer which looks great and they confirmed that you can view both front and back cameras as well as GPS information. It is much better viewing everything on a 24 inch monitor.

Developer - Contact | noritel Mobile Kommunikation GmbH

@Vennwood
Hi - out of interest what PC viewer are you using and where did you source it from ?
I've only been using the mobile to view - but it would be good to be able to use a decent viewer - was thinking of using VLC but if there is a recommended one by the developer then may as well try that first.
Thanks

This is the one that both BMW Customer Services and the Developer recommended

There are "differing suggestions" on how to load videos - the Developer says to use your mobile app (in my case iphone) and use the iphone file manager to move the videos over to the PC. BMW suggest you remove the SD card and transfer it over to the PC. Either works - I use the mobile app as it is easier for me anyway. The PC viewer gives you a full screen view. Hope this helps.

Great, I'll give that a try.
Many thanks

There are "differing suggestions" on how to load videos - the Developer says to use your mobile app (in my case iphone) and use the iphone file manager to move the videos over to the PC. BMW suggest you remove the SD card and transfer it over to the PC. Either works - I use the mobile app as it is easier for me anyway. The PC viewer gives you a full screen view. Hope this helps.

Hi, For those who may be interested, I recently had the Advanced Car Eye 2.0 installed in my BMW and took a while to find out how to extract the front and rear videos from the files recorded to the Micro SD card on the desktop.

Many thanks to Jack669 over at babybmw.net for working it out but I thought I'd repeat the details over here as I had found this issue on this forum which had not been fully addressed for desktop users.

"PROCEDURES ON TO HOW TO GET NEW AND SEPARATE INDIVIDUAL FRONT AND REAR AVI VIDEO CLIPS FOR BMW ACE 2.0

I have managed to separate Track 1 (front view) and Track 2 (rear view) on VCL and also managed to save Track 2 (rear view) as a separate AVI file onto my laptop.
1. For the benefit of others, I will outline the procedures from the start. First, open your VCL and select ‘View’ on the top task bar and click on ‘Advance Controls’. A red record button will now appear on the left side of the bottom task bar.
2. Switch off your BMW ACE 2.0 camera and then remove the SD Card from the camera.
3. Connect the SD Card to your computer using appropriate USB/Photo Card device.
4. Open the SD Card, select and ‘Copy’ the required AVI Video clip and store in a folder on your desktop.
5. Open VCL and select the ‘Media’ tab on the top task bar, select ‘Open Folder’ select ‘Desktop’ and open the file that you have just stored your video clip in and double click on the AVI video clip you require to split. The clip will open immediately in VCL play mode.
6. Press the ‘Pause’ button, lower left-hand side of the lower task bar, click and hold on the leading edge of the blue ‘Time’ line and drag it back to the start.
7. Select ‘Video’ tab on the top task bar. Place cursor on ‘Video Track’ and select Track 2 for the rear-view video clip or Track 1 for the front video clip. Now click on the red ‘Record’ button lower left-hand side of the lower Task Bar. (The button will move slightly, and the background will go light blue) Now press the play button lower left-hand side of the lower Task bar. The Video will now play whilst being recorded in the background.
8. On completion, minimise or close the VCL.
9. Now open ‘My Documents’ and from the far-left column select and open the ‘Videos’ folder where you will find the new individual Track 2 rear view AVI clip.
10. Right click on the new file, select ‘Open With’ and select ‘VLC’ and away you go.

VCL Media Player – free download from official videolan site link:
https://www.videolan.org › vlc › index.en-GB.html"

My extension for Mac users

"As a minor extension I have also checked out the process on the Mac and here are my amended notes to highlight the minor differences in the process.

1. to 4. as per Windows guide, except there appears to be no ‘Advanced controls’ so 'Record' menu or shortcut keys are used instead.
5. Open VLC and Select ‘File’ than ‘Open File’. Select the clip you wish to split record from the folder in which you copied the recording files. The clip will open immediately.
6. Press the ‘Pause’ button in the lower left corner. Click and hold the round white button in the timeline and drag it back to the start of the clip or the point where you wish to commence recording copy.
7. Select ‘Video’ then ‘Video Track’ then 'Track 2' for the rear camera (or leave as default ‘Track 1’ if you want the front camera). Now select ‘Playback’ from the top menu bar and then ‘Record’ or use the hot keys. Then select the ‘Play’ button at the bottom left hand corner. The video will now play while the selected Track number 1 or 2 will be recorded in the background. Wait for the video to complete playing & recording or select the ‘Stop’ from the ‘Record’ Menu if you wish to edit the clip length.
8. Minimise or close VLC.
9. Open the ‘Movies’ folder in your Favourites in Finder.
10. Right click on the new file, select ‘Open With’ and select ‘VLC’ and you're done.

Hope this helps those who may be Mac only users".

Cheers
Geezergeek

Well done Geezergeek, your post was very helpful and, using VLC Media player the way you suggested, I successfully exported both Front & Rear videos of a clip to my videos. (I imported the file directly from the SD card into VLC, rather than using a copy)
The files are too large to email, but by importing the clips into Google Drive, they can be shared via links to anybody.
I'm much happier now with this product.

Yep that's the one you need to use to view the videos on your pc. VLC works but this works even better. Very easy to use all you have to do is drag and drop the file you want to see onto the player and you can do more than one at a time. It will let you see front, rear or both at the same time. Thanks for the info. I wish they just put that website in the instructions in the first place so you would know it was legit.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom