Review - Captain America: Civil War Blu-ray

Because sometimes I'd like to punch him in his perfect teeth....
And I sometimes like to shave just one side of Tony Stark's tash off without him knowing the smug as %*&^ beggar.

I realize this is an older title and thread, but after taking my copy (albeit Region 1/A) of Civil War off the shelf last night to revisit on my older OPPO BDP-83 (the player sent the 1080p video to my Samsung 4K display, which then upscaled it to 2160), I noticed something in one particular sequence that bugged me when I viewed the disc previously on my Cambridge CXUHD UHD player (which is in for a repair service right now)...and I was wondering if someone here could confirm it or not for me...

In the opening sequence when we see Bucky being given his orders to obtain the super soldier serum, there's a moment when the camera closes in on the red book with the Soviet star symbol on it -- and in this scene, my display exhibits HORRIBLE aliasing/shimmering off to the left of the frame where the metal/alloy "chamber" the book sits in can be seen in detail. It happened on my Cambridge player (with the player set to upscale all resolutions to 2160) and I saw it again last night using my old OPPO player (seemed even worse with the OPPO...and that thing sports an excellent, highly-regarded Anchor Bay VRS processor for scaling duties).

Did ANYONE ever notice this on their Civil War Blu-rays, even if it was on the UK region edition? I don't recall if I noticed the issue on my previous display when I played this disc, which was a 50-inch Sony SXRD rear projection television, but since that time I am using a screen of considerable size jump and the disc is getting upscaled to 4K resolution, so this may have something to do with it...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom