Question Richer sounds not giving me a refund on suspected faulty lg b9

kopmjj

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi I bought lg 65 b9 on Friday and received delivery on Saturday but I've had several issues, the tv turned on by itself and yesterday evening 2 times turned off by itself randomly, once with firestick connected and once without.
This morning the tv froze and none of the buttons on remote worked, even tried turning off power from the tv and nothing, I had to turn off tv from the mains to get it working again, but so far it's very concerning, I called my local richer sounds just now and am told I can't get a refund as i have opened the package, and would have to wait til June for someone to have a look at it, I'm told to call customer service as I mentioned don't I have any rights if purchasing online via phone if a product is not fit for purpose, but he just said call customer service .

I will try now but it's a bit poor service so far even ao.com sorted my recent issue with a philips tv and this time i decided to use richer sounds and normally they are very good .

Ok update called customer service and was asked to take a picture of the tv and also take the picture of me packing it, to see if its safe for transport, then they will decide if I could get a refund or not.

But they were pushing me to show the fault and take a picture.

Why do you want a refund, I assume you want a TV although it needs to function correctly. If there is a clear fault this soon after purchase a simple swap would be most logical?

An exchange would make more sense but since I'm getting a 2nd chance if I pay £100 to £200 more I can get lg c9 from another shop online.

An exchange would make more sense but since I'm getting a 2nd chance if I pay £100 to £200 more I can get lg c9 from another shop online.
Richer sounds will price match I believe

Why not buy the C9 on Friday? Sure you haven't got buyers regret? Just return the TV under distance selling regs and buy the TV you should have bought 3 days ago.

I could have bought it but here's the twist, after my order I called my local richer sounds to cancel my order but he told me it might be too late and will sort it out on Monday, but that was after couple of hours After my order.
Then I messaged the delivery company and they said they will have to confirm with richer sounds, but in the end the delivery came next morning and the tv just laying there I had to open it and after playing some videos I decided to keep it, as it was finally a wow tv moment, but then the issues started and that's where I am now.

I'm going to take some pictures of the tv and packaging then email richer sounds and hopefully they decide to refund.

Any tips on the box? Normally I see tv boxes with 4 plastic locks at the bottom so the box is secure, but this one had to plastic strips holding the box but I had to cut it to get the box open, can and should I use 2 strings to ties the box up from bottom to top, or any other solution?

So if it's now working okay why not just give it a few days and see if it behaves itself?

Cause i thought I have 7 days for refund , if I leave it too late then I only have exchange or repair option that's what I thought, but anyhow it's being packed now.

OP: Tell RS that it’s faulty, and you want it replaced or be given a refund. You are not obliged to to have to wait for someone to come and look at it or to have it taken away for repairs. If RS won’t budge, put the transaction in dispute with your CCC.

Clem

If you bought it online dont you have 14 days to return it for refund no matter if its faulty or not ?

If you bought it online dont you have 14 days to return it for refund no matter if its faulty or not ?

If you bought it online or over the phone then you have 14 days to tell the retailer you are going to return it, plus a further 14 days to return to them.

I called my local richer sounds just now and am told I can't get a refund as i have opened the package

Just to be clear am assuming you bought it online or over the phone given the current circumstances but under the Consumer Contract Regulations (replacement for Distance Selling Regs) you are allowed to open items (some exceptions not this) to be able to look at it. So opening package and not offering a refund is bull. That might be the case if you bought in-store as you don't have the same rights and they might be just confused.

If you return the goods under the CCR then you might have to pay carriage depending on the T&Cs. If you return it as faulty then you would not normally pay carriage.

In the case of faulty items in the first 30 days, you are entitled to either a refund or repair.

How are you supposed to determine if something works or not if you can’t take it out of its packaging? RS is trying it on, which is disappointing because generally they’re a good company.

Clem

Too be fair the store manager was the one refused the refund not customer service as they need the picture to verify tv is in good condition and boxed up properly.

Ok pictures sent will let you know the outcome
Packed it as secure as possible, no way they can refuse.

Ok got an email, they will arrange collection and will refund me when the tv reaches the warehouse.

Richersounds clearly playing around with you.

Would be interested to see where things go wrong as you clearly seem to be covered with the distance selling regulations.

Sounds like the OP playing around with RS if you ask me

I’m inclined to agree except for the fact that under distance selling regulations, he seemed clearly entitled to a refund.

Sounds like the OP playing around with RS if you ask me
Would you keep a tv with all those issues? And I'm one those person if something is faulty I won't use that particular model again, as it puts me off very easily.

But everyone has a right to there opinions.

Seems to be sorting itself out to your satisfaction.
But if you had already made your mind up you wanted the C9 it would have been easier just to refuse to take delivery.
The delivery company would then have just returned it to RS.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom