Answered Right so someone phones a chat line " yes chat line" from our phone on the 24/2 at 11.20 am and it's

cweb64

Novice Member
Reaction score
Right so someone phones a chat line " yes chat line" from our phone on the 24/2 at 11.20 am and it's costing me £12.50?? Right so husband was in bed for night shift two girls at school My daughter or myself never did it so wtf are you supposed to do about it when virgins answer we can book an engineer to check your line but you will be charged£99 if he can't find a fault ???

Right so someone phones a chat line " yes chat line" from our phone on the 24/2 at 11.20 am and it's costing me £12.50?? Right so husband was in bed for night shift two girls at school My daughter or myself never did it so wtf are you supposed to do about it when virgins answer we can book an engineer to check your line but you will be charged£99 if he can't find a fault ???

Here are the steps you should follow:

• ContactVirgin Media's customer services department and explain your problem.
  • If this doesn’t resolve the issue, make a formal complaint to the company. You can find details on doing this here: https://help.virginmedia.com/system...SCALATION_REQUEST&EMAIL_FORM=MAKE_A_COMPLAINT
  • If your provider is unable to resolve your complaint, ask for a deadlock letter. This enables you to take your complaint to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme.

ADR schemes are meant to supplement, not replace, a service provider’s own complaints procedure, so you can only use its ADR scheme if:

You have tried to make a complaint to the provider and had no success AND 8 weeks or more has passed since you first complained to the company OR;

Your provider has written to you to say they’re not going to do anything else about your complaint – known as a “deadlock” letter. The provider should provide you with a deadlock letter unless they are still actively trying to resolve your complaint.

However, it is up to a communications provider whether they issue a deadlock letter.

ADRs act as an independent middleman and will examine the case from both sides and reach a decision they think fair.

Virgin Media use CISAS as an their ADR.
CISAS: Home

If eight weeks pass without a resolve since you first formally complained or Virgin issuing you with a deadlock letter you can contact the ADR in question directly.

Last edited:
And you're 100% sure your husband was asleep and didn't make the call whilst in bed. It seems an odd thing to happen and you don't want to go to great lengths just to find out it was someone at home.

Obviously if you don't have a phone in the bedroom then my theory is out!

We only have 1 phone which is in the living room as my husband doesn't like to have his sleep disturbed. I was in the living room morning at that time of the morning reading. I have been told it could be a crossed wire or something?

Fair enough. Definitely not right then. That can be the only explanation then. Can they not do a line test to check for any abnormalities?

At the risk of it costing me another£99 I'm not willing to take a chance.

Tell them you have a fault and you want a technician to check it out, but make it clear you ain't paying, if they insist say you want to cancel your whole virgin package

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom