Ring vs TP Link Mesh M4

stuwoody

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Recently upgraded my Virgin Superhub by adding a 3 node TP Link mesh system and switching the superhub to modem mode only. All my devices work great, except for my Ring door bell and Ring spotlight camera which now insist on giving multiple notifications for each activation.

I contacted Ring who said this may be because Ring only likes 2.4ghz whereas the mesh works across 2.4ghz and 5ghz. This seems odd to me. But anyway, neither the Ring or the TP Link devices allow much customisation to play around with this.

Has anyone else experienced the same or can anyone recommend a fix?

Many thanks,

Stuart

I have just added Orbi to my network in the hope it might maximise my Ring Doorbell Pro , Ring Floodlight cam and ring chime RSSI signal
As the ORBI GUI gives a very good network map I have discovered that my doorbell pro (Very close to the router) prefers to connect to the router at 5 GHz but only gets a OK RSSI but if it then connects to the Orbi satellite which is a far longer round trip it connects at 2.4 GHz with a stronger GOOD RSSI
the chime is now a ball ache and quite often fails to connect at all as it doesn't see the Network especially if daisy chain is enabled disable DC and it connects fine

Ring support tend to stick to generic replies and solutions which can be very frustrating

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom