Rocksmith 2014 SOTW - The Next Generation

Congrats Sean on 100% ....... oh sorry, doesnt count as not said what category:laugh::laugh::laugh:

How do you know I didn’t mean all of them? :rotfl:

Haven’t got around to playing anything other than lead at the moment, must give the others a try.

Nice and easy on lead, just a matter of keeping concentration going right to the end. I was definitely feeling a bit twitchy the last third when I knew I hadn’t missed a single note up to then :D

How do you know I didn’t mean all of them? :rotfl:

Haven’t got around to playing anything other than lead at the moment, must give the others a try.

Nice and easy on lead, just a matter of keeping concentration going right to the end. I was definitely feeling a bit twitchy the last third when I knew I hadn’t missed a single note up to then :D

Just the amount of Lead I used to like if playing with a 2nd guitarist! Like the sound of the 10/12 hammer-on bits, nice understated few notes.

Definitely a case of less is more. You can keep you’re million notes per second shredding, you can say a lot more with just a handful of notes played at the right time in the right way.

I was too busy / tired over the weekend to play again, although I'm not claiming that I would have overtaken Goooner's score! Still, I had certainly intended to play it a lot more than I did :(

To be honest, I've no idea how I managed that score! Must've been the week it came out, when I played it several times in quick succession. Couldn't get anywhere close the times I've played it for SOTW.

This week's SOTW has been chosen.

It is Cissy Strut by The Meters chosen by BigTone.

Scores thread is here.

Next week it's Miss Mandy's choice.

Scores are up for Father And Son.

Shared honours all over the shop this week.

AndrewH13 and Goooner max out Lead. :clap:

AndrewH13 and Christian 71 get the same 94.9% on Rhythm. :clap:

And AndrewH13 and I max out the Bass. :thumbsup:

This week's song has been chosen by Miss Mandy.

It is The Look by Roxette.

Scores thread can be found here.

Next week, it's my choice. :devil::rotfl:

Scores are up for Cissy Strut.

Pretty poor turnout. Just the three of us.

BigTone takes Lead by .2%.

Only .7% split all three entries. Nice work guys.

Bass for me by default, as I was the only one to bother.

My turn for SOTW.

And I'm going for an oldie (As in been in Rocksmith since 2012) that hasn't been picked before.

Searching back, I've almost picked it twice before. Maybe nobody else likes it.

A cheery little ditty of a young boy and his schooldays. ;):rotfl:

We'll go for Jeremy by Pearl Jam.

Scores thread is here.

Unfortunately, due to work, I can't even play my own SOTW (Or any guitar for that matter) until Monday at the earliest, so you've all got a head start on me.

Goooner's choice next week.

Last edited:
Scores are up for The Look.

Another poor showing. Just the three of us again.

Goooner takes Lead. :clap:

Rhythm and Bass for me. :D

It’s just like back in the day, when I think it was just you and me had imported copies of the original :)

It’s just like back in the day, when I think it was just you and me had imported copies of the original :)

And back then you were always 5 - 10% better than me, just like now.

You need to take a year or two off, so that I can catch up. :rotfl:

Last edited:
SOTW has been chosen for this week.

Despite the epic introduction of global rock megastar Cyndi Lauper*, Goooner has gone for the lesser performers, The Rolling Stones, with their little known song Jumpin' Jack Flash.

The scores thread is here.

AndrewH13 & BarbaraH to get thinking for next week's song.

*I may mock, but please don't let this put anyone off choosing any artist for their song of the week. I'm happy to play anything ;). It's all learning at the end of the day :smashin:.

Last edited:
Blast, it's only CDLC. 2112, 20 minutes long, must have been Rockband3, remember playing it.

Blast, it's only CDLC. 2112, 20 minutes long, must have been Rockband3, remember playing it.

They definitely had the full thing in one of the RB or GH games, I remember playing it too.

They definitely had the full thing in one of the RB or GH games, I remember playing it too.

Not Guitar Hero as it was proper guitar, none of that orange button for me!

It was definitely in one of the 5 button ones, that’s where I first came across it.

Much easier to play too, with only 5 buttons to worry about :rotfl:

It was definitely in one of the 5 button ones, that’s where I first came across it.

Much easier to play too, with only 5 buttons to worry about :rotfl:

I tried but found real chords, even on those Mustangs we bought, easier than moving up for 5th button!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom