Rocksmith (360) to Rocksmith 2014 (Xbox One). Worth the upgrade?

Greasychipbutty

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, quick question.

I've just got Rocksmith (360) back from a friend from about a year ago.
I remember the lag frustrating me and am sure it will again when it load it back up.
I have some XB Live credit and am unsure whether or not to get Rocksmith 2014 on the Xbox one instead.

Does it have improved lag? Will i really benefit that much from getting it?

Thanks in advance for your opinions guys and gals.

I never played it on the 360 mate exept to import the tracks and I noticed the lag on it then, but I don't notice any lag on my One.

If you play guitar then I think it's a really good tool for learning, but you won't learn from RS alone, you need to supplement it with other sources tbh.

Plus the other main ingredient is time and lots of it! ;)

I have both games (on ps3), there is lag on both games if used with the sound going through the TV (hdmi). The only way its usable for me is to use the RCA cables from the ps3 straight to my amp and mute the TV. Think it has more to do with the processing power/speed of your TV than the game/console.

There is also a bit of a delay in DLC being available on the next gen marketplaces (if you are the impatient type that is).

More likely on One as no analogue outputs. As long as you use an analogue breakout box on the 360 (about £4 if I remember) it should be perfect (unless you have horrible digital picture processing switched on your tv).

I never played it on the 360 mate exept to import the tracks and I noticed the lag on it then, but I don't notice any lag on my One.

If you play guitar then I think it's a really good tool for learning, but you won't learn from RS alone, you need to supplement it with other sources tbh.

Plus the other main ingredient is time and money lots of it! ;)

Fixed that for you :laugh:

But like the others have said, if you've got more than a passing interest in guitar, it's well worth it, the One versions isn't without issues in it's current state, but certainly no show-stoppers in my opinion.

Plus, if you buy the One version before the end of January, you can get the 12 Hendrix tracks for free, if they ever get around to putting them up of course :D

Be sure to join us for the Song Of The Week if you get it :smashin:

Unlikely matey as that position is held for me on a weekly basis :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You watch in 3 months, you will soon rise if you keep practicing and other newer players take over:)

Yup can't say I notice any difference in lag between the two versions. It's minimal with my AV system and optical doesn't seem to have made things better or worse really.

Really the two versions are very similar, other than the slightly better graphics and instant on thanks to the XBone The differences are pretty minimal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom