Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (10 April UK, Blu-Ray)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
on Digital HD (March 24) and Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, and On-Demand (April 4, 10th UK)

Spoilery

rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-blu-ray-520x600.jpg

Extras; (Subject to change)
  • A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
  • Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
  • Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
  • K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
  • Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
  • Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
  • The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
  • Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
  • The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
  • Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
  • Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars

Last edited:
UK release is April 10th
we get 3D as per usual Disney release (in the USA 3D is only availble if you get the deluxe versions from specific stores)

Attachments

• Rogue One (Amaray cover) UK.jpg
    Rogue One (Amaray cover) UK.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 478
  • Rogue One (LE sleeve) UK.jpg
    Rogue One (LE sleeve) UK.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 449
  • Rogue One (3D amaray cover) UK.jpg
    Rogue One (3D amaray cover) UK.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 436
  • Rogue One (3D amaray sleeve) UK.jpg
    Rogue One (3D amaray sleeve) UK.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Well I for one refuse to be ripped off and am going to wait for the 8K Super UHD

IMG_0970.PNG

As if :D

Not sure I like the 2D slipcover. Still not seen this but want to preorder it to get a slipcover.

Does Zoom charge on dispatch?

I've had the 3D Pre ordered since early Jan,
17 weeks from cinema to Home :thumbsup:
Nice that we don't have to buy a retailer exclusive to get 3D

I've had the 3D Pre ordered since early Jan,
17 weeks from cinema to Home :thumbsup:
Nice that we don't have to buy a retailer exclusive to get 3D
Nice we don't have to double dip like with The Force Awakens.

Does it mean we won't get the same artwork on the slipcase as the US 2D?

Does it mean we won't get the same artwork on the slipcase as the US 2D?
UK 2D slipcover is the white one posted above. The US artwork is being used on the UK 3D slipcover.

UK 2D slipcover is the white one posted above. The US artwork is being used on the UK 3D slipcover.

I know it is the UK one but I thought it might be only for the start (or only at certain retailers) as it has limited edition.

Not sure I like the 2D slipcover. Still not seen this but want to preorder it to get a slipcover.

Does Zoom charge on dispatch?

Doubt you need to worry about the slip selling out, likely to be a repeat of TFA and Civil War so will be available everywhere for months.

Doubt you need to worry about the slip selling out, likely to be a repeat of TFA and Civil War so will be available everywhere for months.

I know someone who got TFA just a month later and no slip. Also my civil war came with no slip just 3 weeks after release from Amazon.

Dolby Atmos soundtrack this time ;)

I know someone who got TFA just a month later and no slip. Also my civil war came with no slip just 3 weeks after release from Amazon.

Well both films came with two different types of slip and all the listings I saw online had them offered separately so no reason any copy should arrive without the one advertised otherwise you are not getting a complete package.

I will just do what I always do with MCU films and wait until the week before release and order from Tesco and should drop on the Saturday.

I know it is the UK one but I thought it might be only for the start (or only at certain retailers) as it has limited edition.
Slipcovers are always 'limited edition' though, as once they (eventually) run out, they don't make extra. I'm not aware of Disney doing retailer exclusive slip covers in the UK anymore. There was the Sainsbury's Avengers exclusive, but can't think of any since then?

Slipcovers are always 'limited edition' though, as once they (eventually) run out, they don't make extra. I'm not aware of Disney doing retailer exclusive slip covers in the UK anymore. There was the Sainsbury's Avengers exclusive, but can't think of any since then?

Pretty sure that didn't have an exclusive slip just a bonus disc and unique artwork and while slips are normally a limited run any listing that states 'comes with exclusive slipcover' should come with one as that is the only thing that sets it apart from a regular release.

Pretty sure that didn't have an exclusive slip just a bonus disc and unique artwork and while slips are normally a limited run any listing that states 'comes with exclusive slipcover' should come with one as that is the only thing that sets it apart from a regular release.
Ah where it said exclusive 'sleeve' I thought they meant slipcover, but actually they mean the amaray 'sleeve':)
IMG_1189.JPG

In that case I don't think Disney does exclusive slipcovers in the UK at all. All the retailers get the same slipcovers.

Is that a statement or wishful thinking? Blu-Ray.com has it down as DTS-HD MA 7.1
Wishful thinking, I knew it wouldn't be Atmos but for the life of me I cant understand why it isn't.

I won't be buying this. This has re-release with deleted scenes written all over it!

Just release the 4K version with Atmos already Disney.....

I want all the deleted scenes to see how different the 3rd act was

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom