Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Purchase link: Zavvi

Release date: 26/10/2020

3 disc edition, includes Bonus disc.

RO_ASWS.jpg

Attachments

• RO_ASWS (inside).jpg
    RO_ASWS (inside).jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 119
  • RO_ASWS (back).jpg
    RO_ASWS (back).jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I only need to pre-order this one now to complete my Star Wars 4K steelbook collection. I will be so annoyed if I miss out on this one!!! :D

I think i'll order it no matter what. Happy enough with the same artwork that's on the recent BR releases.

That'll complete my 4 x Star Wars Steelbook (4 x movie full stop) collection.

Having watched A New Hope several weeks back and Empire the other day (cinema), i'm not in an immediate rush to watch again so i'll probably wait and watch all 4 movies back to back one day, after Rogue 1 is released, later this year.

I'm interested in what this might be like. If its the art I suspect then probably not.

I think the artwork someone came up with back when ANH was released will turn out to be pretty accurate, the only blip was TESB but the rest have been spot on since...

B2ED0A0A-F8DC-4994-A3BC-A0AB40E74179.jpeg

They may have to crop the official theatrical poster to avoid the white-on-white clash.

The original RO steelbook has grown on me since release.

I think the artwork someone came up with back when ANH was released will turn out to be pretty accurate, the only blip was TESB but the rest have been spot on since...

View attachment 1335400
The Empire Strikes Back didn't have good original poster art. I'm glad they didn't use the one shown in your picture as it looks a mess. They did have better artwork when the OT was re-released in 1997, this is from my laserdisc boxset.
1594916741961.png

Looking at what was available of the original ESB artwork I think the Vader helmet was the least worst. For whatever reason the artwork just wasn't very good but Return of the Jedi saw the return of good artwork. All subjective and I'm sure there will be plenty of people that think ESB has the best artwork.

Having watched A New Hope several weeks back and Empire the other day (cinema), i'm not in an immediate rush to watch again so i'll probably wait and watch all 4 movies back to back one day, after Rogue 1 is released, later this year.

How was Empire at the cinema? 2k/4k, Dolby Atmos?

I'm tempted to see it but the Covid situation is making me uneasy to venture to the cinema just yet, even though i have an Unlimited pass.

Posted about it in other threads but it wasnt 4K. Some of it was pretty ropey. Might have been the same print as when it was last doing the cinema rounds 20 years ago :D

Ah right. Floating heads again. Probably a pass then.

I always liked that poster, the cover art for the regular 2D Blu-Ray was garbage.

The Last Jedi will either be the next steelbook or if they release Rogue One next then it will be the one after that, all depends on whether they do them by Trilogy or theatrical release order.

The Empire Strikes Back didn't have good original poster art. I'm glad they didn't use the one shown in your picture as it looks a mess. They did have better artwork when the OT was re-released in 1997, this is from my laserdisc boxset.
View attachment 1335436

Looking at what was available of the original ESB artwork I think the Vader helmet was the least worst. For whatever reason the artwork just wasn't very good but Return of the Jedi saw the return of good artwork. All subjective and I'm sure there will be plenty of people that think ESB has the best artwork.

These are my favourites. I get lots of nostalgia from seeing these.

Am i right in thinking that‘s all of the 9 movies announced now?

What’s the feeling on when this one will be available?

Well whatever cover picture they use they might save themselves a lot of trouble if they just put the marks, scratches and dents on the artwork.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom