Question Sacd titles that show off the medium?

There are many cool discs to listen to. If you're going for DVD-A many of REM albums are still available relatively cheap. My favourite SACDs are probably Roxy Music's Avalon and Dire Straits' Brothers In Arms.

Kraftwerk's Minimum-Maximum is excellent on SACD.

Funnily enough i am listening to my Jeff Wayne War of the Worlds right right now (SACD in stereo not the 5.1) & it sounds great.

20200820_123726.jpg

20200820_123704.jpg

No Nathaniel, oh no Nathaniel
No Nathaniel, no, there must be more to life

Last edited:
Funnily enough i am listening to my Jeff Wayne War of the Worlds right right now (SACD in stereo not the 5.1) & it sounds great.

View attachment 1352669

View attachment 1352668

No Nathaniel, oh no Nathaniel
No Nathaniel, no, there must be more to life
My missus hates this with a passion. Not bad considering she bought me the vinyl double album when it came out in 1978. Have to listen to the SACD stereo on headphones.

My missus hates this with a passion. Not bad considering she bought me the vinyl double album when it came out in 1978. Have to listen to the SACD stereo on headphones.

Funnily enough, the fist time I heard this album was when my godfather (who owned a record shop at the time) gave me the deluxe boxset, I was 4 years old. Needless to say that it had a profound effect on me (especially the images), it scared me senseless and I couldn't listen to the album without freaking out. I manage to get over this fear finally in 2002. :eek:
Since then it has become a cherished album and it sounds so great whether it be in stereo or multichannel. Turn the lights down and play it loud!

Funnily enough, the fist time I heard this album was when my godfather (who owned a record shop at the time) gave me the deluxe boxset, I was 4 years old. Needless to say that it had a profound effect on me (especially the images), it scared me senseless and I couldn't listen to the album without freaking out. I manage to get over this fear finally in 2002. :eek:
Since then it has become a cherished album and it sounds so great whether it be in stereo or multichannel. Turn the lights down and play it loud!
The DVD concert, not the one with the Aussie in, the one with Justin Hayward has an excellent DTS 5.1 soundtrack. Or so I've been told as I have to use headphones on that as well.:rolleyes:

I'm listening to the Moody Blues "Days of Future Passed" SACD in 5.1 right now. Yes; as I'm tapping away on the keyboard! I rarely do this sort of thing actually. I tend to either actively listen to an album - or have background music. Anyway, this is a wonderful album that shows off this medium well.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom