• SL (open).jpg
    SL (open).jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 95
  • SL (j-card).jpg
    SL (j-card).jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
^ £15.99 when live.
Though if you're not an RC sub you will of course have the £1.99 postage they now charge on top.

Ah, overinflated RRP then. Someone should have a word with trading standards.
  • to claim that products are on sale, you should show the previous price and should have been selling at that price for a meaningful period of time
  • you must not claim a discount against the recommended retail price (RRP), if the RRP is significantly higher than the price generally charged for the product
  • you should not claim that you are selling at an introductory price if you plan to continue selling at that price indefinitely, or to stop selling the product after the introductory period
I think I will wait until it is <£10.

I remember seeing this years ago - David Soul and James Mason IIRC. It was actually ok, but that one scene above scared me sh*tless - I was around 10 at the time. I refused to watch it again for years, but when I did, I realized how tame it is now.

OP updated with Zavvi pre-order info and new release date.

Hi,
Can anyone clarify what the aspect ratio is?
Various websites state it's 1.37:1 as it was shown on TV yet both this version and the previous Zavvi steelbook state 1.85:1 on the back.
Cheers

Hi,
Can anyone clarify what the aspect ratio is?
Various websites state it's 1.37:1 as it was shown on TV yet both this version and the previous Zavvi steelbook state 1.85:1 on the back.
Cheers
It's 1.33:1 as it was shown on TV
4.3 Format

Has Black Bars Left/Right Side of Video

Steelbook will have same Blu-ray disc warner previously released in UK

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification Paul👍
cheers
Warner UK have info 16x9 1.85:1 on previous UK steelbook Jcard and for this new UK steelbook Jcard

New Steelbook Jcard
12310390-1004708714894227.jpg

That info is incorrect on the Jcard for previous steelbook listing 16x9 1.85 as it's 4.3 with black bars both sides of video so I assume it's also incorrect for the new steelbook Jcard info

Just ordered using RCVIP code for 10% off.
I don't know what happened but I took it the transaction had gone though paying by paypal and just found it had not, so tried to order again and it wont allow me now to use the code.
I was slightly sitting on the fence with a pile still to watch to buy or not fell of on the buy and the code was a sweetner, and although like to see again that not allowing the discount code soured the deal.
I'll see if it get sold out, if not, if it comes down in price.

I don't know what happened but I took it the transaction had gone though paying by paypal and just found it had not, so tried to order again and it wont allow me now to use the code.
I was slightly sitting on the fence with a pile still to watch to buy or not fell of on the buy and the code was a sweetner, and although like to see again that not allowing the discount code soured the deal.
I'll see if it get sold out, if not, if it comes down in price.
I'm with you on that, I thought this one might sell out but as it's still available it's worth waiting until in stock as the 10% off to RC should then work.

What has happened with this steelbook as my pre-order remains unsent yet shows a 28th October dispatch. I presume that it was intended to be released in time for 31st October (Hallowe'en), not that there was ever much chance of getting it for that date with Zavvi's somewhat lethargic delivery times (most of my stuff from them takes a week to arrive from receiving the dispatch email).

Has it been delayed?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom