Samsung 2023 upgrade showing for E8000

I have this shit TV.....how I haven't put my foot through it already is beyond me.

It's not connecting to the smart features(amazon video,netflix)I done all the usual fixes and now have seen this update.

I don't use a computer as we live rural and I use my phones 4G for all Internet based adventures.

So now the shit box is asking me to upgrade via USB as the set has stopped connecting to our choppy WiFi.

It's getting close to taken into the garden and using it as a trampoline....Grrr....Samsung and their crappy piles of shit.

Last edited:
You're lucky in some ways that a manufacturer is still supporting a 9 year-old TV - many wouldn't still be releasing firmware updates after that length of time ! I would just get a friend or neighbour with a PC or laptop to do it.

It's not too surprising that certain smart features or apps might stop working when a TV gets to that age though. A cheap streaming device like a Fire TV Stick is the answer once that happens and will also get round a TV's poor wi-fi capabilities.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom