Samsung 43NU7400 - Looks like it's a VA panel!

Hello i need pictures of service menu screens ue43nu7400uxxu version no 03/unu7400 as my mainboard was replaced just need to confirm there the same settings as a default tv would be most grateful

Attachments

• 20190220_203017.jpg
    20190220_203017.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 286
Hello there its been awhile is there anyone who can confirm this is correct for peace of mind i would grateful for any help

Can someone tell me, from a layman point of view, why VA is better than IPS for this TV ? Back in the day I am sure everyone thought IPS was the best for colour. How does VA make it much better than IPS ? So IPS is no longer the don of monitor types like it was years ago ?

Hello there its been awhile is there anyone who can confirm this is correct for peace of mind i would grateful for any help
Um I have 01 version so my screen type is slightly different to yours (43L6AU5NN).

Can someone tell me, from a layman point of view, why VA is better than IPS for this TV ? Back in the day I am sure everyone thought IPS was the best for colour. How does VA make it much better than IPS ? So IPS is no longer the don of monitor types like it was years ago ?
IPS is only useful if you need the viewing angles. If not then VA is the way to go (IPS vs VA: Comparing LCD types found in TVs)

Hi all,

I'm moving on from the Panasonic TX-P50GT30B, which is a HD 2011 Plasma.

How does the black levels and response compare? Thinking of picking up the 43NU7400.

I usually prefer IPS panels due to the viewing angles, but I had a LG IPS screen and the black levels weren't great.

Either the IPS or VA.

I've aiming for the 43" this time as 50" was too big. I'd prefer to try OLED but there is no such model at that size.

Normally I'd go for IPS alone due to viewing angles.. how would that compare black levels etc?

Another 03 with VA panel here 43L6AU6NN in the service menu.
Serial nr. xxxSEM1xxxxxx, M1 = 2019 January for month of production

Is there a video with IPS and VA to compare?

If that's a VA panel, I'd be happy with that falloff (looks good on my phone at least)

I'm not convinced that's a VA. That video has been shot at quite a high angle, looking slightly down at the screen from the side. The IPS panel looks a bit washed out like this when you look at it from the same angle.

I'm not convinced that's a VA. That video has been shot at quite a high angle, looking slightly down at the screen from the side. The IPS panel looks a bit washed out like this when you look at it from the same angle.
The code in the service menu leaves no doubt that this is a VA panel (L = AUO; B = BOE = IPS). I had my doubts as well initially but the very last shot (at 9:40) was quite telling. It is the contrast that stays more stable on an IPS than a VA, not necessarily the colours (see Rtings measurements). You can clearly see it's the contrast that quickly drops here ... (and of course this was shot during the day). He might be filming from a highish point but the camera doesn't raise when moving off angle and pq seems perfectly fine from straight ahead at the same height.

Last edited:
Hi all,

I've got this sticker label from richer sounds
Yex90mz
it doesn't seem to say much about the version number but you can see its made in Slovakia - is there something I'm missing or no one can deduce if its VA or IPS? Imgur as the pic didn't attach itself properly.

Many thanks everyone.

Hi all,

I've got this sticker label from richer sounds
Yex90mz
it doesn't seem to say much about the version number but you can see its made in Slovakia - is there something I'm missing or no one can deduce if its VA or IPS? Imgur as the pic didn't attach itself properly.

Many thanks everyone.
The only thing you can tell from this label is that it was assembled in October 2018. I would imagine all the 43" are made in Slovakia ...

The only thing you can tell from this label is that it was assembled in October 2018. I would imagine all the 43" are made in Slovakia ...

Oh I didn't know that. Hmmm I'm not sure if there are any other way for them to check it before I buy other than to open the box.

Hi guys,

First post on here. I always have a browse when I'm researching a purchase but never had the need to post until now.

Going to take the plunge with the 43NU7400, but after reading this thread I now really want it to be with the VA panel. I'm the sort of person who always reads up about stuff before buying, and now I've convinced myself that the IPS panel won't be good enough. To be honest if I hadn't stumbled across this thread I probably would have just bought it and been none the wiser!

I was wondering if it might be worth getting in touch with my nearest Richer Sounds and explaining to them. Surely they'd understand why people want the VA, rather than trying to explain it to someone in a John Lewis, for example?

Thanks for any help.
Simon

Hi guys,

First post on here. I always have a browse when I'm researching a purchase but never had the need to post until now.

Going to take the plunge with the 43NU7400, but after reading this thread I now really want it to be with the VA panel. I'm the sort of person who always reads up about stuff before buying, and now I've convinced myself that the IPS panel won't be good enough. To be honest if I hadn't stumbled across this thread I probably would have just bought it and been none the wiser!

I was wondering if it might be worth getting in touch with my nearest Richer Sounds and explaining to them. Surely they'd understand why people want the VA, rather than trying to explain it to someone in a John Lewis, for example?

Thanks for any help.
Simon
If the tv doesn't have any fault then they'd most likely reject it. In the small print Samsung states that specs are subject to change and this va/ips lottery falls into that. So unless you're in the return window then it's unlikely you'll get an exchange. The NU7400 also has an apps storage issue as well in case you need ammunition.

If the tv doesn't have any fault then they'd most likely reject it. In the small print Samsung states that specs are subject to change and this va/ips lottery falls into that. So unless you're in the return window then it's unlikely you'll get an exchange. The NU7400 also has an apps storage issue as well in case you need ammunition.

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear. I haven't got it yet. I want to buy it, but really want to try and make sure I get the VA panel.

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear. I haven't got it yet. I want to buy it, but really want to try and make sure I get the VA panel.
Well you could try asking them to open the box to check the serial number. This thread is of the belief that 01/03 are va but personally some people are giving mixed messages about the 03 but 01 is 100% va. If your budget/viewing conditions can stretch then if you can't be bothered with the panel lottery then maybe another tv would better suit you?

Well you could try asking them to open the box to check the serial number. This thread is of the belief that 01/03 are va but personally some people are giving mixed messages about the 03 but 01 is 100% va. If your budget/viewing conditions can stretch then if you can't be bothered with the panel lottery then maybe another tv would better suit you?

I'm kind of restricted to a max of £400 and 43" is the ideal size for what we need. If there were options for 45/46" then that would ideal but can't really go bigger than that.

I'm kind of restricted to a max of £400 and 43" is the ideal size for what we need. If there were options for 45/46" then that would ideal but can't really go bigger than that.
Ah ok then then the only advice I can give is choose a retailer that has a good returns policy and if possible ask if you can check the tv serial number before buying. Some people have done that to confirm a va panel.

Hi, i receive my tv today and i don't know exactly if it's a VA or IPS Panel could you tell me ?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190516_094328.jpg
    IMG_20190516_094328.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_20190516_105704_890.JPG
    IMG_20190516_105704_890.JPG
    532.9 KB · Views: 161
I can't get better picture sorry...

Attachments

• IMG_20190516_140934.jpg
    IMG_20190516_140934.jpg