Samsung 7 Series Local Dimming Issue

Hi. I doubt very much whether I will be playing around with the hidden settings after what happened last time but can you put a link up for the YouTube clip and I will take a look anyway. Thanks
You can't get it bearable by the normal menu?

You can't get it bearable by the normal menu?

Nope. On these Samsung you can't disable Global Dimming in the regular menus. The only way some of us have turned it off is by changing settings in the Service menu.

Ridiculous. Thankfully I was able to disable it, my first experience of Global Dimming and I found it infuriating, but I won't buy another Samsung.

I'm pretty interested in the YouTube link. Can you share it... Thanks!

I'm pretty interested in the YouTube link. Can you share it... Thanks!

Hi

Here is a link to a YouTube clip that supposedly fixes the issue.

Can you do me a favour and let me know how you go with it please ? I don’t want to brick another tv so I’m interested in whether it works for you first. Thanks

Yup I spent some time to find the video on my own. Works great... So much better.

I braved it again, carefully followed the steps, and I think it has successfully fixed the problem now. No bricked TV this time (which is fortunate as the shops are all closed for the foreseeable future). I’m one happy bunny 🐰

Thanks for the great thread. Took me quite q while to pinpoint the problem (many threads talk about subtitles causing it, but that's not my issue). My TV (TU7000) is less than a week old and I don't think I can live with it, nor do I think I should (be forced to) go fiddle around in secret menu's to fix it.

It was bad enough we watched a movie with the 'soap opera effect' before finding through Google that this too was a setting that simply doesn't work (it was on AUTO and should not have intervened during a movie).

Here's my effort to try to capture the problem.
Youtube link

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom