Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G Review & Comments

According to a couple of sites, its the much awaited auto focus fix. I've just tried to update but I'm told my software is up to date. It must be a gradual roll out.
I think its the sim free variants its released for so if you have bought through a network provided ie ee or o2 etc. We will have to wait for them to release it which is usually 2 or 3 weeks slower unless you manually flash with odin. This has always been the case with samsung

View attachment 1272281

And the version of the camera changed 10.0.01.99

Mine at the moment.

Screenshot_20200322-105838_Software update.jpg

Screenshot_20200322-110052_Camera.jpg

I think its the sim free variants its released for so if you have bought through a network provided ie ee or o2 etc. We will have to wait for them to release it which is usually 2 or 3 weeks slower unless you manually flash with odin. This has always been the case with samsung

I bought sim free direct from Samsung

Strange my missus did that and she has the update mine from o2 is yet to receive

I've had it like this a couple of times after buying sim free and some early.

Not bothered at the moment as all I need from the phone is working just fine.

Got the update early afternoon, not had a chance to use the camera yet, probably be weeks until I can take a picture of anything but my home..

Anyone else's s20 ultra have a rattle near the camera module if you gently shake it?

Anyone else's s20 ultra have a rattle near the camera module if you gently shake it?

yes, I had to listen very carefully, there is something that moves, it doesn't sound like a rattle, rather something that shifts position.

What's your battery performance like, are you getting through a full day?
I'm getting about 1.5 days out of each charge. Have it on high performance mode (WQHD+ @60hz display) . Using it a lot as a music player connected to Galaxy Watcg and Buds+ so impressed with the battery life.

I'm getting about 1.5 days out of each charge. Have it on high performance mode (WQHD+ @60hz display) . Using it a lot as a music player connected to Galaxy Watcg and Buds+ so impressed with the battery life.
Have you tried with 120hz on and is yours the UK version?

Have you tried with 120hz on and is yours the UK version?
Yes and yes!
I couldn't really notice much difference with the higher refresh rate and the scrolling is slick enough for me at 60hz, so prefer the higher res instead.

Is this the best owners forum or are we welcome in the s20 s20+ one too?

The way I see it and as a S20 Ultra owner is one thread is a review, which likes to use the word 'apple' a lot and the other is for those that actually own one and wish to discuss with others that either own, or wish to seek advice before buying.
Me I try to avoid posting in the review thread and aim my questions and reading to one more dedicated to the product.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom