Samsung Galaxy Tab S7

152bobby

Established Member
Reaction score
If that's what it will be called.

If the rumours are true, I'll be interested in the larger screen option. (rumours are a 11" and 12.4"). I no longer find the need to have a Windows laptop, so tablets are the future for me. I've had my current Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 since release and have not upgraded to any Samsung tablet after this because there was not enough change.

Anyone else interested or dare I say it, excited about this new Tablet ?

If it keeps the Tab S4 aspect ratio I'd be interested - although I struggle to think where they would be able to make significant improvements to make an upgrade worth while.

I bought the S5e and then updated to the S6 for stylus support and its been tremendous; but I would probably trade up to a 12.4" screen as I am missing the screen real estate that I had on the iPad Pro or my work Surface Pro.

That said the S6 is almost pocketable (in a coat) and its been great this past 9 months or so, I also like the fact that there's only a SnapDragon version of the Tablets; makes up for the gimped Samsung Exynos CPU's that we get in the mobiles over here which makes the tablets much better for emulation!

Anyone else interested or dare I say it, excited about this new Tablet ?
Not for me. If I'm spending 'proper money', I want it to be truly do everything I need - which only a Windows device like a Surface Pro can for me. I don't really like spending more than £200-250 on a tablet as I just don't see the value in how I use them beyond that - I've managed to get my last two 4G iPads at those prices. I keep hoping that Xiaomi produce a Mi Pad 5 and include the missing 4G bands we use in the UK, but it seems less and less likely they'll produce any new tablets, and now Huawei are missing GMS they aren't an option either.

I was tempted by the S5e when they had LTE versions for <£300 on offer on the EPP store, but sadly I missed out. Maybe when the S7 hits £200-250 used, I might pick one up!

"When the S7 tablet is under £250" ...you'll be waiting a VERY VERY long time 😂.

Just look at how the S4 tablet has held its price !!

The Galaxy Tab's are about the only Android Tabs that do hold a decent value; I picked up another S6 for my wife last week - £640 for the top end LTE with a discount code; they're selling for more than that on Ebay!

Rumours on Gizmodo UK today:

2x versions of the tablet (S7 an S7+)
3x Variants of the S7 (WiFi, 4G and 5G) at £629, £729, and £799
2x variants of the S7+ WiFi and 5G only) at £799 and £999

Black and Silver Colouring (Quite liked the black S5e!) and the usual pre-order bonus of a Keyboard Case Cover

I'm considering the larger 12.4" 5G model which at £999.00 seems quite a jump from the S6 but I assume it comes with 8GB RAM and 256GB built in for that - the "free keyboard" makes it a decent value v the iPad Pro I guess - but I'll be the first to admit that for a lot of my usage an iPad Pro 12.9 is far superior app wise (Photo Editing and Design).

The smaller S7 looks priced similarly to the S6 though; cheaper in fact for the 4G version; it understandable that 5G would come with a premium I guess.

Thanks for the update. I also want the large one, but at nearly £1k, it better come with very high end specs, otherwise, I'll be sticking with my trusty S4. To be honest, I'm fine with the performance and specs of my S4, all I want on top of that is the 12.4" screen !!

Thanks for the update. I also want the large one, but at nearly £1k, it better come with very high end specs, otherwise, I'll be sticking with my trusty S4. To be honest, I'm fine with the performance and specs of my S4, all I want on top of that is the 12.4" screen !!

To be honest at £999.00 it seems expensive; but its fair enough that includes the S-Pen and Keyboard (if I pre-order) which would be at least £320 on an iPad (if I bought the Pencil 2 and Folio Keyboard) - but on an iPad I don't think I could buy one without the new Magic keyboard and that's £350 on its own!

So I don't mind if its not "as" powerful as an iPad Pro but I'd love to see some more desktop level apps which the device is clearly capable of (Krita just launched) there must be more desktop level things like GIMP which could come over

Ah, I didn't read the part about including s pen and keyboard, which I'm not fussed about.

The Galaxy Tab's are about the only Android Tabs that do hold a decent value; I picked up another S6 for my wife last week - £640 for the top end LTE with a discount code; they're selling for more than that on Ebay!
These are now £400 plus at cex. The price is crushing down really fast.

These are now £400 plus at cex. The price is crushing down really fast.

I'm glad my wife decided to return it! - She can have my S6 when the S7+ gets launched!

Looks like the Samsung event has been confirmed for August 5th August - I still half think we might get the Tab S7 launched earlier than that - separate to the Note 20 launch.

I think it will hit £1k+ if you buy the pen and keyboard.

I'll be looking at just the tablet and I'll be keeping a eye out for any Pre Release orders discounts from Samsung.

I saw an interesting rumour yesterday that suggested the higher end tabs might actually be replacements for the Note 12 Windows tablets from a few years ago and run Windows 10 - I’d say its unlikely but then Samsung have invested a huge amount into Windows 10 devices this year with the new Book S, Book Flex and Book Ion

I had the 12.4" iPad and loved it. For a number of different reasons, I'm now all Samsung and have the S6 tab but my biggest gripe is that the app developers don't seem to have created many 'tablet' versions of apps that I use. Instagram (as an example) on the S6 Tab has to be viewed in portrait mode.
I wonder if Samsung will encourage the App developers to configure their apps to work in landscape mode, especially for the larger tab?

I had the 12.4" iPad and loved it. For a number of different reasons, I'm now all Samsung and have the S6 tab but my biggest gripe is that the app developers don't seem to have created many 'tablet' versions of apps that I use. Instagram (as an example) on the S6 Tab has to be viewed in portrait mode.
I wonder if Samsung will encourage the App developers to configure their apps to work in landscape mode, especially for the larger tab?
The fact that Google themselves gave up on tablets, is proff enough that tablets are doomed to fail I 🤔.

The fact that Google themselves gave up on tablets, is proff enough that tablets are doomed to fail I 🤔.

I think Apple might disagree with you; however I do think this Tab S7 might be the last chance saloon for high end Android tablets without some software improvements, what’s the point in a super high end mobile CPU if there isn’t any software/apps using it.

Nothing worthy of an upgrade from my trusty S4 yet.

😬 what...

Well the rumours are this is getting launched on Wed (22nd July) so only a few more days to wait; personally while I’m keen the price and actual availability date will be a big one for me.

I also made the mistake of trying a colleagues iPad magic keyboard... that thing (while expensive) is bloody awesome!

Apple is making sales of $20 Billion dollars a year from iPads alone, that is nearly the revenue of McDonalds globally!!!!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom