Samsung HW-N950 discussion/owners thread

antsims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having just bought the K950 in the New Year, it pains me to say this new soundbar is on its way.

I thought I’d start this discussion thread which will become an owners thread when released.

It’s now 7.1.4 with Atmos and DTS X. It still only has 2 inputs and no news yet of Atmos over ARC of Dolby Vision support.

I’ll probably sell my K950 here and buy the new one, only for DTS X and DTS HD MA. However if the K950 DOES get a DTS HD MA and DTS X upgrade (highly unlikely now though) I’d keep it for a while.

What’s your thoughts on this. Over to you!

Having just bought the K950 in the New Year, it pains me to say this new soundbar is on its way.

I thought I’d start this discussion thread which will become an owners thread when released.

It’s now 7.1.4 with Atmos and DTS X. It still only has 2 inputs and no news yet of Atmos over ARC of Dolby Vision support.

I’ll probably sell my K950 here and buy the new one, only for DTS X and DTS HD MA. However if the K950 DOES get a DTS HD MA and DTS X upgrade (highly unlikely now though) I’d keep it for a while.

What’s your thoughts on this. Over to you!

I was so close to buying the K950 but thanks to reading on Av forums about the issues as stated above I held off. I do think it's bad form how Samsung have basically washed their hands of the problems that people have encountered with DTS X etc, but maybe its not an easy fix?

But looking ahead, any date of the official release for the N950 or price?

Some reviews are saying June. I think it’s pure speculation at the moment though. It is a shame they haven’t added DTS X to the K950 as all other major electronics companies have done so.

I just spoke with Samsung support regarding an unrelated topic. Towards the end of my service call I asked about a release date for the HW-N950. She couldn’t be specific but said it would be out before the end of April.

I just spoke with Samsung support regarding an unrelated topic. Towards the end of my service call I asked about a release date for the HW-N950. She couldn’t be specific but said it would be out before the end of April.
I wonder if it will ship with DTS X support or will this come later via firmware update.

I am looking at purchasing my 1st soundbar, would you agree its best to wait for this rather than look at the SJ9, K950 or the Sony etc?

I am looking at purchasing my 1st soundbar, would you agree its best to wait for this rather than look at the SJ9, K950 or the Sony etc?
I would wait. I regret buying the k950 now, not because it’s bad, because it isn’t. I’ve not had any dropouts that others are talking about. I did lose ARC once but I reset it and it came back and has been fine ever since. The reason I regret it is lack of DTS HD MA and DTS X support. If Samsung stopped treating us like second rate citizens and updated it, then the k950 for me, would be a winner all the way!

I have the Sony currently and absolutely love it. I love that it acts as a receiver with the 3 HDMI inputs. It’s really useful. The audio is superb and the subwoofer phenomenal. I just miss having rear speakers. I’m still within my return window so I was hoping the N950 would be out by now.

I would wait now. Wish I had. The k950 is brilliant but I would like the DTS X update. May put mine up for sale once n950 is released.

Just to bring this thread to the top. Any update on release date. i don't want to shell out ££££ on the K950 if the N950 is just round the corner!

Just to bring this thread to the top. Any update on release date. i don't want to shell out ££££ on the K950 if the N950 is just round the corner!

Still can't find out when the release is. June is the latest from what i've heard but again nothing confirmed.

I’ve not seen anything official either yet.

I thought we might have had some previews by now, can’t be too far away.

I know. Might then put my k950 up for sale when it’s released.

I emailed Samsung Customer Support regarding release date for the N950. They very helpfully (NOT) told me to look at the web site grrr.:mad:

They have been very quiet about the sounder, maybe if the k950 goes on clearance/pricedrop it might be an indication the next one is coming out. The K950 has been pretty steady in Australia, but we are very hit and miss getting the latest sounders.

Great find and fingers crossed - the N950 sounds like an awesome soundbar (apart from no Dolby Vision). But I tend to keep my expectations tempered these days, we were meant to get the st-5000 in oz, never happened, I don’t know if we will get the z9f which is getting positive comments from users.

Come on July lol

Great find and fingers crossed - the N950 sounds like an awesome soundbar (apart from no Dolby Vision). But I tend to keep my expectations tempered these days, we were meant to get the st-5000 in oz, never happened, I don’t know if we will get the z9f which is getting positive comments from users.

Come on July lol

I`m in Oz too and our choices are VERY limited sadly it seems. Nothing on the Sony Website about the Z9F.

I`m in Oz too and our choices are VERY limited sadly it seems. Nothing on the Sony Website about the Z9F.

I am hoping we get the N950 since we have the K950 already. One of the sales staff at my local Domayne (not the best source of info) did mention a new sony soundbar coming out soon, but I think it is the 9000, which has appeared on the sony website.

Seen this pop up at some online retailers around the world for order. Seems it's going to be £1500. One from the UK got it listed 3-4 weeks and I've seen a Canadian one say 3rd July.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom