Samsung HW-Q800T

dave77

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone on here got the Samsung HW-Q800T yet? I can't seem to find any reviews for it

I have it and use it with a 65" Samsung Q90T, I am really enjoying it. The sound quality you get from a good movie is very immersive. Much more enveloping than the YSP-2700 I had. Sounds quite good with music as well. I am pretty picky, and I am really settling in with it. I find myself playing parts of movies just to hear how it produces sound.

Of course these things can be difficult. Hard to know what is "best" - we chase that concept quite a bit - it never ends in case you haven't figured that out. But I believe you benefit from the synergy created between the sound bar and TV (Q-Symphony), not just in sound but with potential compatability issues.

If you have specifc questions, I would happy to try and answer them if I can.

Forgot to mention, I also added a rear speaker package - highly recommended. The model I was provided was the 8500S version - they do not have upward firing speakers.

Last edited:
Interesting, I have a YSP-2700 in the living room at the moment, I've just setup a projector so need a soundbar for that. I actually bought the MS750 soundbar/sub with the SWA-9000S rears when I originally bought the projector in 2018, but only just got around to fitting it all so that's all still boxed. I'd like Atmos so was thinking I could sell that and get the Q800T to use with the 9000S rears, either that or wait for the Q90R to drop in price when the new version is out.

Last edited:
I think the YSP-2700 had a more premium feel to it. The sound profile I would say was more open and leaned more towards being clearer or sharper. Some might call it thin. I also found the YSP pulled your attention toward the "subwoofer", and I believe it is because that is where the mids resided as well. I also found that the sound, when compared to the 800-T, was more like a shield that came up along your right and left side; the 800T is more like a bubble that covers you from the top down around you.

Rear speakers on the 800-T are not up firing, connect by wires to a transmitter, which is then wireless to the sound bar. Overall the sound is full and more of a balanced frequency distribution. As I said, I feel that it is really execellent for movies and quite good for music. When playing music I would use surround or adaptive; stereo is much quitter but the sound is good - you will need to turn it up. You may not like that if you think things "have to be a certain way". I am not one of those people, besides I have other audio equipment as well.

Last edited:
Thanks, i'm not too bothered about music in that room, got a Sonos One for that. I think i'm going to wait and see if the Q90R drops in price, or maybe even the Q80R, I won't need the Q-Symphony features of the 800 and the extra HDMI in would be useful. Cheers for your advice!

Thanks, i'm not too bothered about music in that room, got a Sonos One for that. I think i'm going to wait and see if the Q90R drops in price, or maybe even the Q80R, I won't need the Q-Symphony features of the 800 and the extra HDMI in would be useful. Cheers for your advice!

Nice, well I don't think you will be disappointed with any of the choices you mention. Good luck

Please, how far from tv do you sit? I do consider buying q800t, but i do sit 3m from tv and i am not sure if i will still be within sound bubble or not - as there is no calibration possible and all reviews mention front heavy wall of sound - not sure if that “wall” is less than 3m from tv or not...

I have it and use it with a 65" Samsung Q90T, I am really enjoying it. The sound quality you get from a good movie is very immersive. Much more enveloping than the YSP-2700 I had. Sounds quite good with music as well. I am pretty picky, and I am really settling in with it. I find myself playing parts of movies just to hear how it produces sound.

Of course these things can be difficult. Hard to know what is "best" - we chase that concept quite a bit - it never ends in case you haven't figured that out. But I believe you benefit from the synergy created between the sound bar and TV (Q-Symphony), not just in sound but with potential compatability issues.

If you have specifc questions, I would happy to try and answer them if I can.

Forgot to mention, I also added a rear speaker package - highly recommended. The model I was provided was the 8500S version - they do not have upward firing speakers.
Hi JCAZ, do Rear Speaker SWA-8500s work with your Q800T without any glitches? The manual says SWA-9000s are the compatible rear speakers for this soundbar. Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom