Samsung KS7000 (UE55KS7000) UHD 4K TV Review & Comments

Thanks Sam. That's a great offer. Don't think there are any similar offers on at the moment.
I thought it was a good offer too so just caved and bought it. I'dve preferred the 55inch, but I'll live with the 49.

I finally bit and ordered this TV yesterday, 55" price matched at John Lewis at £839

I finally bit and ordered this TV yesterday, 55" price matched at John Lewis at £839

Youve done what im not far off doing. Im about 80% there

Not sure if Id actually use it for 4K all that much.

Youve done what im not far off doing. Im about 80% there

Not sure if Id actually use it for 4K all that much.

Nor me at the minute but with the Xbox one S I will be doing it more and more in the future.

Nor me at the minute but with the Xbox one S I will be doing it more and more in the future.

I want a pro but wont fork out another 200 if I sell the original.

Would probably download some 4k stuff. The other big advantage is id switch my 46 inch Plasma to the bedroom

I want a pro but wont fork out another 200 if I sell the original.

Would probably download some 4k stuff. The other big advantage is id switch my 46 inch Plasma to the bedroom
still a shame they never made the pro to play HD Bluray. missed a trick there which means I'll be waiting for scorpio.

JL dropped their price by £60? That's impressive.

Price match with Crampton & Moore, they are a good store but wanted JL 5 year warranty
Cant say i blame you. JL are sold out of the 55ks7000 now the same as currys. Samsung must be on the verge of discontinuing them.

Cant say i blame you. JL are sold out of the 55ks7000 now the same as currys. Samsung must be on the verge of discontinuing them.

Must of got one of the last ones, shame, was one of the best TV's I've viewed at Currys even compared to more expensive models.

Oh well.. my bank balance will be pleased.

Or do I pay an extra 30 and get it from C&M??

Out of interest whats the next best TV in the price range?

Oh well.. my bank balance will be pleased.

Or do I pay an extra 30 and get it from C&M??

Out of interest whats the next best TV in the price range?
I'd pay £30 extra if I was you. All stores with be clearing out the KS range for the 2017 models and not just samsung.
in fact, I think the only 2016 tv that will remain in the 2017 range is the Panasonic 902B.

I'd pay £30 extra if I was you. All stores with be clearing out the KS range for the 2017 models and not just samsung.
in fact, I think the only 2016 tv that will remain in the 2017 range is the Panasonic 902B.

I didnt realise stores dont sell older TVs

I didnt realise stores dont sell older TVs
Yeah high street stores usually clear them out before the summer the following year. I'd just pay the extra 30, there really isnt anything anywhere near as good for 900 as the 55ks7000.

There does seem to be plenty of stock of the dx750s and 802s mind you. They're probably due another price drop to shift shortly. The 902 is excellent however, and will be an absolute steal come Christmas time.

There does seem to be plenty of stock of the dx750s and 802s mind you. They're probably due another price drop to shift shortly. The 902 is excellent however, and will be an absolute steal come Christmas time.

Pannys out of my price range

So I bit the bullet on it. Purchased yesterday. Was hoping to have some answers to the game mode HDR issue and HLG, but time is running out, the sets will be all sold out pretty soon. I think the fact that the 2017 models have the same game mode problem and no HLG gives me more hope that they will come in a software update. Here's hoping the set is all good when delivered!

hello guys i got the last one at RS on saturday. damn these are popular!! i am really so worried not had a tv expensive as this before so i am worried all the issues people are getting. If i get problems i have been told by RS this model is discontinued so if i have to replace it what do i do? will they give me a 8 series, 9? or the new M series 2017 models? I am quite worried all this faff with a tv which cost 1K should work out of the box straight away with no issues.

hello guys i got the last one at RS on saturday. damn these are popular!! i am really so worried not had a tv expensive as this before so i am worried all the issues people are getting. If i get problems i have been told by RS this model is discontinued so if i have to replace it what do i do? will they give me a 8 series, 9? or the new M series 2017 models? I am quite worried all this faff with a tv which cost 1K should work out of the box straight away with no issues.

I would cross the bridge if you get there. Chances are your model will be fine

Yeah i wouldnt worry. You've got a 5 year warranty for a reason. Chill. They definitely wouldn't give you a 9 series though :rotfl:

All the 2016 sammy models are being discontinued - as is the norm. If it goes wrong during your warranty period they either repair, replace with a refurb or replace with a like for like new model. All tv manufacturers and insurance companies are like that. You're in the same boat as everyone else :thumbsup:

Hello everyone! I bought the UE55KS7000 from John Lewis a couple of weeks ago for £899, took delivery last week. Not had a lot of time to play yet but I have been really impressed with the TV so far. Had some minor issues with the One Connect box and actually getting it properly plugged into the back of the screen but that's all. I haven't played with the picture settings yet, the out-of-the-box performance is remarkable really, although not perfect. I don't have any UHD sources, but the image with HD and even SD sources has been wonderful so far. Amazon Prime streaming is excellent, both HD and UHD.

A significant upgrade over the 11 year old 40" Sony it replaces :)

Last edited:
Hi all. When I plug my PC into to my TV(Via connect box) It will only let me choose Standard or Dynamic in picture mode. Is there a way of enabling it to Movie ? (Where I have the best settings)

So it came today finally!
No banding or clouding from what I could see so far which was a big relief.
Set up was a breeze and I'm realy loving the One Connect box. Just played Jurassic World blu ray through the Sony UBP-X800, it looks fantastic.
Still need to get my fist 4K UHD, John Wick is looking like a good contender.

0bk1ihL.jpg

Z1xiz0b.jpg

5JcmMiK.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all. When I plug my PC into to my TV(Via connect box) It will only let me choose Standard or Dynamic in picture mode. Is there a way of enabling it to Movie ? (Where I have the best settings)
You need to change the input to one of the others, HDMI or games console for preference then you can select all modes, it may not stay in that input when you turn it off or change resolution in the PC so be aware of that, when you do something.

You need to change the input to one of the others, HDMI or games console for preference then you can select all modes, it may not stay in that input when you turn it off or change resolution in the PC so be aware of that, when you do something.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom