Samsung KS9000\8000 Owners Thread Part 2

Anyone upgrading this year? Quite tempted by the LG CX especially as I can now get a 48”. Although, have to say more than happy with my KS still.

Further to my Netflix and other people's issues, Is it me or is it not weird that these problems appear just after Samsung drop support for certain apps on older TV's 🤔

Apps are working on my 55KS8000 as per normal - also Netflix is working on my 2014 Samsung H6400 too.

Have people tried the soft reset? Tried unplugging the TV for a few minutes? If all else fails, make a note of your settings and do a factory reset....

Tried all that, it's only Netflix on mine though, I have left it unplugged whilst I'm working so will know later if it's OK. 🤔

Just been on with Samsung chat tried connecting using my mobile hotspot and it worked fine, also tried a WiFi connection and that was fine it seems that only the ethernet is a problem for Netflix but not Amazon prime or YouTube, why? 😭

Youtube app playing up on my 3 year old 8000... recently had backlighting switching at 2 second intervals on right hand side of the screen. JL service offered a b9 LG oled with 2 years continuation of warranty or 1299 against another set with 5 years worth.. So 65" Q85 coming friday... paid the extra 300. - two weeks turnaround....happy with that.

New firmware version 1242 appeared on the Samsung site today I just noticed. Anyone updated yet?

New firmware version 1242 appeared on the Samsung site today I just noticed. Anyone updated yet?
Just downloaded new firmware from Samsung site as not seen as over the air update.Probably updating apps etc will check out this evening.

Anyone got it to update? Mine constantly fails @ 82 or 83%. Tried a couple of USB sticks and it just won't have it !

The update to 1242 worked for me

Will have another go this evening then.

Update works for me haven't as yet seen any real difference inoperation or improvement, still need to check my apps though.

I downloaded the All OS version this time to my SSD and ran it again and it worked first time. Not noticed any difference either and as they never post a changelog, will we ever know ???

How does the ks8000 compare to modern sets. Seems like there has been little innovation since. Is there much light bloom on HDR (especially with subtitles/end credits)

How does the ks8000 compare to modern sets. Seems like there has been little innovation since. Is there much light bloom on HDR (especially with subtitles/end credits)

Yes, expect bloom.

Quite a bit in terms of improving the local dimming as well as newer features (VRR, integration with Smarthubs, HDR10+ support, 4k iPlayer support....). The KS8000 is a great TV for 2016 but its also an edge lit TV which does struggle with certain content in HDR. The content I refer to as 'Torture tests' for LCD technology, such as Star fields, End credits or other bright whites on black backgrounds will exhibit more bloom/haloing than more modern high-end LCD's with FALD.

Most of the time, HDR is a joy to watch but it does have moments that it struggles with. Overall the innovation may not seem a lot but you also get more of the DCI-P3 colour gamut, higher and longer sustained brights (doesn't dim after a few seconds - certainly not as much if it does) etc. It may be small steps but they do add up to a 'better' consumer TV...

Thanks for advice. Just purchased a 75ks8000 on eBay with 2 years warranty remaining so will see how I get on.

Thanks for advice. Just purchased a 75ks8000 on eBay with 2 years warranty remaining so will see how I get on.

What are you using it for, general viewing, movies or gaming?

Is for the living room so a bit of everything (Sky Q, Xbox one, switch and Apple TV 4K). Will probably order some bias lights.

I’ve had my eye on a 75q8dn, so choice was decent edge lit at half the price vs low zone FALD.

My Samsung 55KS8000 has carried out an automatic OTA update to version 1242 successfully.

No idea what has changed :)

So my KS9000 has developed a fault, so have Currys picking up on Thursday... Must admit, I hope they can't fix it.

Anyway, if the case is that I get a voucher for a like for like, considering I paid £1200, the closest like for like 65" QLED is 1100, but I think they'll try and get me with an LED for around the £700 mark.

If this is the case, think I'd be able to argue my corner that even though not advertised as a QLED, it was in fact a QDD

So my KS9000 has developed a fault, so have Currys picking up on Thursday... Must admit, I hope they can't fix it.

Anyway, if the case is that I get a voucher for a like for like, considering I paid £1200, the closest like for like 65" QLED is 1100, but I think they'll try and get me with an LED for around the £700 mark.

If this is the case, think I'd be able to argue my corner that even though not advertised as a QLED, it was in fact a QDD

You need to play the HDR card and the KS9000 was premium certified. Only the QLED range has the same HDR performance.
To be honest, with the issues I've had with my KS8000 and QLED I'd be looking at getting an LG C9.

You need to play the HDR card and the KS9000 was premium certified. Only the QLED range has the same HDR performance.
To be honest, with the issues I've had with my KS8000 and QLED I'd be looking at getting an LG C9.

To be honest. I've decided on a C9 as well.
I'm more just wanting to squeeze as much of a voucher price out of them as possible to put towards it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom