Samsung Q67R vs Panasonic GX820

HaychX

Novice Member
Reaction score
Which is the better tv all round out of the samsung Q67R and the Panasonic GX820
Both in 65 inches are going for £1000 right now and needed some help. Does the Qled on the samsung make a big difference.

The QLED doesn't make a difference, they are both similar in that regard. The Q67 is the same as the Q60. However, at that size, the Samsung will have a 120hz panel which will be better than the 60hz panel in the Panasonic. This will be the biggest difference between the 2. The Samsung also has a very good game mode if you are into console gaming.

In the Panasonic's favour it can show all the HDR formats natively, whereas the Samsung only does HDR10 and HDR10+. Netflix broadcasts it's HDR in Dolby Vision so it will be better catered for on the Panasonic. They both get to about the same brightness (450 nits) so HDR contrast should be similar.

Based on the above, you have to consider whether you are sensitive to motion on screen, or whether HDR compatibility is more important. A 65" is big and will highlight motion issues more than a small screen. That would be my driving factor and push me to the Samsung. If you can stretch to the Q70 that would be much better than both.

The QLED doesn't make a difference, they are both similar in that regard. The Q67 is the same as the Q60. However, at that size, the Samsung will have a 120hz panel which will be better than the 60hz panel in the Panasonic. This will be the biggest difference between the 2. The Samsung also has a very good game mode if you are into console gaming.

In the Panasonic's favour it can show all the HDR formats natively, whereas the Samsung only does HDR10 and HDR10+. Netflix broadcasts it's HDR in Dolby Vision so it will be better catered for on the Panasonic. They both get to about the same brightness (450 nits) so HDR contrast should be similar.

Based on the above, you have to consider whether you are sensitive to motion on screen, or whether HDR compatibility is more important. A 65" is big and will highlight motion issues more than a small screen. That would be my driving factor and push me to the Samsung. If you can stretch to the Q70 that would be much better than both.
My main worry is viewing angles by the way thank you so much for the fast reply this has been on my mind for days now. Anyway in regards to the panasonic being very patchy with blacks and even other colours in general. Is this the same on the samsung or is it more uniform. Im asking this because i have used the panasonic for about a week and the patchy display gets on my nerves and is hard to unsee once you notice it.

The screen technology is the same on both, they both use a VA panel so the viewing angles and off axis colour shift will be similar with both. If you need wide viewing angles then you either need to go for an IPS panelled LCD TV, an OLED screen or go to the Q80 QLED which has a filter on the screen which helps with viewing angles.

The screen technology is the same on both, they both use a VA panel so the viewing angles and off axis colour shift will be similar with both. If you need wide viewing angles then you either need to go for an IPS panelled LCD TV, an OLED screen or go to the Q80 QLED which has a filter on the screen which helps with viewing angles.
My max budget is £1000 and need a 65 inch could you recommend something with less patchy display and better viewing angles. Maybe an IPS Panel. Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom