Samsung Q70 vs Samsung RU8000

Kyojutsu

Novice Member
Reaction score
Can't decide which to choose. Currently have a Vizio E65 from 2017. I can't decide which TV to upgrade to. I can go with a Samsung RU8000 in 75 inches and get much better viewing quality. OR I can upgrade to a 65 inch Samsung Q70 series and get a WAAAAYYYY BETTER viewing quality. So do I sacrifice size for viewing quality?

I will mainly use it for streaming HD services, HD cable, and watching blue ray/4k/some DVDs. Will not be gaming on it. I'd say my viewing distance is 7-11 feet if I had to guesstimate.

Last edited:
Its not really a difference in overall viewing quality, but instead the way each TV can display HDR. In short you need the Q70R if you want to display HDR to a good standard. If HDR isn't really important, then you could consider going for the RU8000.

It sounds like you want to enjoy UHD Blu-Rays so certainly you'll want an ample HDR performer for those. You need the Samsung Q70R or Sony X900F for that. The Sony is a year older, comes with poorer smart TV and only 2 of its 4 HDMI ports are 4k at 60hz equipped but its still arguably the better TV for movies due to its better picture accuracy and motion.

So if I was mainly streaming or watching HD cable(mainly sports games for me), then the Q70 would be better?

So if I was mainly streaming or watching HD cable(mainly sports games for me), then the Q70 would be better?
No, for that usage the Sony X900F would be better. In particular the motion processing of the TV is better than the Samsung.

I got the Samsung Q70r. The motion blur and trying to watch sports is atrocious! 😥😥😥 Streaming HDR (Star Wars on Disney +) content is gorgeous. I cannot deal with this motion problem. I did some searching and it seems this is a huge problem for the entire Samsung TV line. One report said the problem occurs bc the TV is converting a lesser signal (my cable provider) to fit the TV and this results in the motion issues.

Should I exchange the TV for the Song X950G? It seems like this TV will solve my motion issues, but it will have slightly less quality for streaming HD content (hopefully I won't notice). What would you recommend for my situation? Is the X950G gonna solve my problems with little to no difference in image quality?

I got the Samsung Q70r. The motion blur and trying to watch sports is atrocious! 😥😥😥 Streaming HDR (Star Wars on Disney +) content is gorgeous. I cannot deal with this motion problem. I did some searching and it seems this is a huge problem for the entire Samsung TV line. One report said the problem occurs bc the TV is converting a lesser signal (my cable provider) to fit the TV and this results in the motion issues.

Should I exchange the TV for the Song X950G? It seems like this TV will solve my motion issues, but it will have slightly less quality for streaming HD content (hopefully I won't notice). What would you recommend for my situation? Is the X950G gonna solve my problems with little to no difference in image quality?
Generally if you look at reviews motion blur is rated well on this TV. Either you have high standards (perhaps you're use to plasma or OLED displays?) or the problem is at the source. Typically broadcast TV is very poor quality by todays standards, even in HD.

Anyway, if you have purchased the TV and aren't happy I'd suggest returning it and going for the Sony X900F or X950G instead.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom