Samsung Q70R Soundbar Newbie Questions

dublinBlue

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Took delivery of a Samsung Q70R Soundbar yesterday which I have connected to my Samsung QE55Q90R television via the provided HDMI cable.

The setup was near plug-and-play and from a viewing of Ready Player One yesterday evening I'm already happy with my purchase.

However, I do have a couple of questions.
  1. Will I get Dolby Atmos if I'm using the Netflix / Prime apps that are installed on the TV?
  2. Is there a reason not to always use the "Adaptive" setting?
  3. Any other settings I should consider looking into?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone

Took delivery of a Samsung Q70R Soundbar yesterday which I have connected to my Samsung QE55Q90R television via the provided HDMI cable.

The setup was near plug-and-play and from a viewing of Ready Player One yesterday evening I'm already happy with my purchase.

However, I do have a couple of questions.
  1. Will I get Dolby Atmos if I'm using the Netflix / Prime apps that are installed on the TV?
  2. Is there a reason not to always use the "Adaptive" setting?
  3. Any other settings I should consider looking into?
Thanks in advance.
1 yes if in your tv your enable in sound settings Dolby Atmos pass through
2 Adaptive settings is mostly used in dialog heavy tv shows, movies, news etc.
No recommend for sci-fi, action or immersive movies used standard or surround .
3. heights and rears( or sides) at maximum otherwise you get zero effect.
Have fun !

1 yes if in your tv your enable in sound settings Dolby Atmos pass through
2 Adaptive settings is mostly used in dialog heavy tv shows, movies, news etc.
No recommend for sci-fi, action or immersive movies used standard or surround .
3. heights and rears( or sides) at maximum otherwise you get zero effect.
Have fun !

Thanks for the response much appreciated.

I wasn't aware I had to enable Dolby Atmos pass-through on the TV. Found a YouTube clip showing how to do it so will give that a go this evening.

Thanks for the other tips too.

I got one of these in a open box deal a couple of days ago from Peter Tyson’s. very impressed so far compared to a faulty Sony zf 9 I sent back. Especially with music this thing sounds unreal. The bass is special (needs turned down if you live in a semi detached house lol ) One question I have is I have a Sony tv and as far as I am aware the adaptive sound analyses what is on the tv. Does this only work if you have a Samsung q series tv?

I got one of these in a open box deal a couple of days ago from Peter Tyson’s. very impressed so far compared to a faulty Sony zf 9 I sent back. Especially with music this thing sounds unreal. The bass is special (needs turned down if you live in a semi detached house lol ) One question I have is I have a Sony tv and as far as I am aware the adaptive sound analyses what is on the tv. Does this only work if you have a Samsung q series tv?
Don't think so mine is connected to a Panny gx 800 and it works fine with that.

The 2020 range of Samsung Soundbars has a new feature called Q-Symphony which makes your soundbar and TV speakers work in harmony. On all the literature it explicitly states this only by adding any Q-Series soundbar with Q80T, Q85T, Q90T, Q95T, Q800T, Q900T, Q950T QLED TVs. Excluding 49" Q80T & Q85T.

The fact that no such disclaimer can be found on the adaptive sound feature makes me think it's a general feature of the soundbar and does not require a Samsung TV.

The 2020 range of Samsung Soundbars has a new feature called Q-Symphony which makes your soundbar and TV speakers work in harmony. On all the literature it explicitly states this only by adding any Q-Series soundbar with Q80T, Q85T, Q90T, Q95T, Q800T, Q900T, Q950T QLED TVs. Excluding 49" Q80T & Q85T.

The fact that no such disclaimer can be found on the adaptive sound feature makes me think it's a general feature of the soundbar and does not require a Samsung TV.

its only for some Samsung tv’s

“Q-Symphony is supported on 2020 QLED 4K and 8K TVs (Q80T series and above)”

its only for some Samsung tv’s

“Q-Symphony is supported on 2020 QLED 4K and 8K TVs (Q80T series and above)”

That's right, I was referencing that as something that is only available when used with a Samsung TV compared to the adaptive feature which is available regardless of the TV used.

Hi, just purchased a Q70T soundbar, using it with Samsung JU7500 48" Tv, it works, but the subwoofer really seems quiet. If I change the sub setting it doesn't do anything, not sure if I don't have the setting correct on the tv, it is on PCM. Any advice or experience of settings for this would be really appreciated as at the moment it just doesn't seem right. (It is working, blue light on and i feel a very slight rumbling ln the sub)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom