Question SAMSUNG Q80R HDMI (ARC) Firmware update to (eARC)

nozzer01

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have anything definitive as to IF and WHEN there may be a Samsung Firmware update.

Arriving in the summer apparently. The equivalent soundbars have just received the update earlier in the week. Follow Stephen Withers on Twitter, he usually has the latest updates.

Amita, thanks very much.
Do not use / have Twitter, but will try to find a means to access.
My plan was to upgrade my 7.1 / 5.1 AVR (5.1.4 via a 9 channel unit) but getting more digital audio past the TV and the "ARC bottleneck" is to say, at the least, tricky! Optical will only carry 5.1!
The streamed services like Netfix, Amazon, Disney do carry good Audio but the ARC prevents that getting where it can be appreciated, its a bu--er!!!
Could buy a 4K Blu-ray player and buy moves, but that's v/expensive viewing.

Sadly Mr Wither's 'predictions' have not been accurate to date. He states he is relaying what Samsung has told him but he, or they allegedly, were saying it would be here by now...

Hi I am sure SW is passing on what's being said! but who knows if the original "Samsung person" was in possession of the correct facts or of an appropriately authorised position.
We will pos need to keep us fingers crossed, keep asking Samsung to pull their's out!!
If the kit has the necessary hardware then there should be no particular reason Samsung should not issue a Firmware update soonest. Is there?
If an update was withheld in an effort to get people to buy new kit rather than correct an obvious shortcoming then that may backfire on Samsung, especially for loyal customers expecting good kit and service.
I understand other AVR manufacturers with similar shortcomings have made firmware updates.

Exactly, although I guess Mr Withers appears to trust what he is being told however you'd think anyone would wise up after the event not occurring for the first time last year. Or even apologise for being part of the conspiracy even if only being the messenger, or whipping in this case it seems, boy...

Last edited:
Hi, I have a Samsung qe75q90rat tv and a Samsung q90r soundbar. I can get only arc Sound from my tv to my soundbar. My soundbar Samsung hwq90r support earc. The tv only support arc. Can i use 4k arcana to obtain earc uncompresed sound from my Tv to the soundbar and if yes how do i configure/do that. Thank You very much in advance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom