Samsung Q900R 8K QLED Owners Thread

More issues with this Q900RA TV....

When watching this Chuck Norris interview YouTube video (uploaded in 1080p. on the official Conan O'Brien YouTube channel) I am experiencing problems with a strange picture disturbance on my QLED Samsung TV - which is not a problem at all when watching on other devices (my MacBook in the same network - even when running it on both devices at the same time). I am also noticing when viewing this video in 720p and lower quality the problem is not there (it only occurs in 1080p)... Other YouTube videos in 1080p and higher res. up to 4K60Hz on other YouTube channel are not a problem on my TV - but so far I have noticed all the 1080p. videos on this particular YouTube channel causes this problem....

(Here is a direct link to the Chuck Norris video [in 1080p] I am experiencing problem with on my Samsung QLED TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE2ZrK7A4TI)

Here is the problem I recorded and uploaded on YouTube:

Are you watching YouTube via the smart TV apps ?
If so, stop, the inbuilt apps are terrible, use an external device.

Now for some strange reason the 4K and 4K60Hz. on my TV's YouTube app is back up and running smoothly agin, after being impossible to watch in higher than 1440p. for several months (I think since around May 2023) - and also the app does not freeze up when I have a video running in a 4K setting, it even took long time to just pause or stop the video. I noticed there is good space on the "timeline" thing - seeing where you are in the video in terms of running time and how much of the video has been downloaded while watching.

I checked the the firmware on my TV and it is still 1334.0 - and it hit me today that I should have keep checking for which YouTube app version I have had (it also updates automatically). Right now I have web_20230813_10RC00 which I assume was released on the 13th. August 2023.

Version: web_20230814_08_RC00
Device: TV (PLATFORM_DETAIL_TV), Samsung/QE75Q900R/KANTM2/2018, Cobalt (20.Its.3.244012-gold), KANTM2 (1334.0)
Language: en-GB
Geo: NO
Client: xxxx

I have not factory reset my TV lately, nor the YouTube app, which was a possible fix Samsung mentioned - so this must have fixed by itself, though I seem to remember reporting this issue about a month ago to YouTube. As mentioned the 4K was working when running YouTube on the TV's own internet browser in these months

I have had the setting on the YouTube app to be permanently max 1440p for several months - so today I checked by coincident a 4K video on the official Warner Brothers (film studio) YouTube channel and the 4K worked. The 1080p. Chuck Norris interview on the official Conan O'Brian YouTube channel still have the picture issue with the squares blinking on the top and bottom of the picture - so that is still an issue on my Q900RA (2018) TV....

Fingers crossed my TV does not screw up again.... I do not mind minor hick-ups, but when it goes over many months it takes a toll on my patience.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom