Samsung Q900R 8K QLED Owners Thread

upgrade was free, all i had to do was request it from Samsung support on their chat system. I then got a couple of phone calls to arrange the date.
Thanks
I organised mine via chat on Thursday, it was painless and is completely free.

Wow so the 65 inch c9 is now just over 2k. Dropping like mad! This is getting very tempting..!
I stuck with the C9. I'll do all I can to avoid burn in, but if it happens, it happens.

The picture quality is a night and day difference, especially SDR & gaming content. HDR it's not too far off between these sets purely down to the huge NIT advantage of the Q900r.

But everything else, C9 hands down.

Plus finally a TV where recording off the freeview actually works properly. None of my Samsungs have managed it properly.

I stuck with the C9. I'll do all I can to avoid burn in, but if it happens, it happens.

The picture quality is a night and day difference, especially SDR & gaming content. HDR it's not too far off between these sets purely down to the huge NIT advantage of the Q900r.

But everything else, C9 hands down.

Plus finally a TV where recording off the freeview actually works properly. None of my Samsungs have managed it properly.

I've stuck with my trusty E6! The fact that was night and day better than the 2019 "flagship" Samsungs speaks volumes. I now have both refunds as well after Samsungs mess, so. they're a thing of the past now finally haha.

Hi Scott,

I read somewhere that free-sync on NVIDIA is only through Display port, I tried getting it working yesterday to no avail however I only have a passive display port to HDMI adapter as the active adapters are quite pricey, waiting for HDMI 2.1 GPUs myself :)

Hi Scott,

I read somewhere that free-sync on NVIDIA is only through Display port, I tried getting it working yesterday to no avail however I only have a passive display port to HDMI adapter as the active adapters are quite pricey, waiting for HDMI 2.1 GPUs myself :)
Support was added via the latest driver

Hi Scott,

Have just updated to Driver rev 441.20 and don't even get the option under Nvidia control panel?
Have tried changing tv settings to no avail, I am on upgraded box running GTX 1080.

Morning - in case anyone is still looking for a 900R there are some in the Amazon BF sale - Reliant Direct? (don't know them are the sellers) - £2849 for the 75" version :)

Cheers
b

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
noticed last night that a new TV firmware was available. version 1290.4

not seen any differences so far

Apparently it fixes....

An error in interaction with SKY Q (flickering) has been fixed.
Automatic HDMI detection has been improved.
Memory optimization for NU7400 / 7500.
An issue where freesync can cause reboots has been fixed.

But lots of users are complaining it downgrades the picture quality

Now on attempt 3 to get free upgrade OCB.
Samsung keep saying yes and telling me I will hear from an engineer, the case mysteriously disappears from my account and I have to start all over again.

Samsung took my faulty Q900R panel away and issued a full refund.

I still have the upgraded 1 connect box and a spare cable for it.
Open to offers if anyone would like a spare

Now on attempt 3 to get free upgrade OCB.
Samsung keep saying yes and telling me I will hear from an engineer, the case mysteriously disappears from my account and I have to start all over again.

Sorry to read your having issues, but you can be successful with these. I got mine via the web chat with Samsung, who then had a company called J. F. Associates come out and do it.

Sorry to read your having issues, but you can be successful with these. I got mine via the web chat with Samsung, who then had a company called J. F. Associates come out and do it.
I had that web chat, twice actually!

I tried today and failed to get an upgraded OCB through the chat support. The person acted like they had no idea what I was talking about.

My upgrade is scheduled for next Monday. You just have to keep hassling them, I had 4 attempts before getting this far.

Got my upgrade today. As there is no difference to current functionality all I can advise I received a sheet stating HDMI 4 will allow 8K 60P YCbCr 4:2:0.
I wonder if this is full HDMI 2.1?
Is E-ARC part if HDMI 2.1?

I purchased the 75 inch Q900R two weeks ago. Went on Samsung chat and they arranged the upgrade instantly.

Got a call from Martin Dawes to arrange the installation which was due to be done last friday, but they called to say they had not received the box yet. waiting for a call for a rescheduled installation.

Engineer came this morning and swapped the box. as with others, he left a piece of paper with the capabilities on it: Port 4 only, Native 8k in RGB 4:4:4 at 30Hz, and 60Hz in YCbCr 4:2:0. it's uncertain if this is the only resolutions added, or if any more of the HDMI2.1 spec is included.

I guess i'll need a source to find out, I was hoping for UHD at 120Hz.

Hiya I've had the 8K 75" version of this tele for a while.Ive recently noticed a lot of shadowing

Is this normal?

Uploaded a pic to illustrate

Attachments

• 20200326_174631.jpg
    20200326_174631.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 176
No that’s a lot of bloom you’ve got there. On a side note, your xbox should be connected to hdmi port 4 to take advantage of 2.1 😉

So, 75Q900RA with upgraded OCB here. Hooked up a 2080 ti via hdmi on port 4 and got 8k 30hz option right off the start. The card sees it as Gsync Compatible but when i enable gsync on it and start a game i get signal loss until i alt+tab out of the game. Also tried connecting with a Dport to HDMI cable but i got no signal (cable worked with the same setup but with a Vega 64 instead).
Did Anyone manage to get Gsync working?
Port 4 however is pretty buggy.

So, 75Q900RA with upgraded OCB here. Hooked up a 2080 ti via hdmi on port 4 and got 8k 30hz option right off the start. The card sees it as Gsync Compatible but when i enable gsync on it and start a game i get signal loss until i alt+tab out of the game. Also tried connecting with a Dport to HDMI cable but i got no signal (cable worked with the same setup but with a Vega 64 instead).
Did Anyone manage to get Gsync working?
Port 4 however is pretty buggy.

I'm getting a 2080Ti PC next week, gonna hook it up to my Q900RB (US Model) ill update you.

Hi everyone

This is my first post to the forum.

I’ve had my q900r 75” for over a year. One thing that really frustrates me is the noise of the fan on the tv. It’s very noticeable and it’s on all the time. I can hear it unless I turn my amp up louder than normal volume so it covers it. Sometimes that’s fine but for normal tv viewing I don’t need or want the volume so high. I would never have bought the tv had I known that it would make so much noise that it actually disturbs what would otherwise be a pleasurable experience.

Any thoughts or comments welcome?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom