Samsung Q90R QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a brand new Onkyo 840 receiver that everything is running through. When watching TV from my BluRay or Directv, everything works fine. Including streaming from the Blu ray player. However anytime I use ANY of the Samsung apps, the sound cuts out every 10-15 seconds. This TV cost me a freaking fortune. Not happy at all. Not one bit. The work around from doing research seems to be to either stream from my Sony 4KBlu ray player or hook up Apple TV directly through the receiver and streaming that way.

I have some drop-outs when using the TV's apps using a Denon Amp via ARC. Only occurs in Dolby Digital+ output mode though. Using standard "Dolby Digital" (non +) setting in the TV and it works fine. You lose Atmos capability then though.

After I installed the updated firmware my picture mode had changed from standard to movie..
Is firmware staggered ? I tried it and it said my tv is up to date 1315.

Is firmware staggered ? I tried it and it said my tv is up to date 1315.
No you can usually jump to the latest, did you use my download link?

No you can usually jump to the latest, did you use my download link?
No I didn’t, must have missed it, I’m boggled eyed reading all the info about this tv. Is it possible for you to give me the link please. Sorry for being a pain.

Thanks for that.

My 55” Q90 arrived today along with the free Q70R sound bar, very impressed with the picture quality but I have a few audio issues...

1) Does the TV pass through Dolby Atmos? If I connect my 4K Apple TV to one of the inputs on the one connect box I can’t get Atmos but if I connect it directly to the Q70R it works perfectly.

2) I have installed the latest firmware update but seem to be getting some lip sync problems with Sky Q if the output from the box is set to Dolby Digital, if I turn off DD everything is in Sync, any suggestions how to sort this? I have tried connecting the Sky Q box directly to the sound bar and the problem disappears even if DD is turned on.

Thanks

Miles

2) I have installed the latest firmware update but seem to be getting some lip sync problems with Sky Q if the output from the box is set to Dolby Digital, if I turn off DD everything is in Sync, any suggestions how to sort this? I have tried connecting the Sky Q box directly to the sound bar and the problem disappears even if DD is turned on.
Excessive audio delay for DD audio from external sources is a known bug (among users, it's only Samsung that doesn't know about it). Sat box connected through the soundbar (with the correct amount of audio delay added by your soundbar for that input) is one of the better work-arounds (combined with a macro capable remote that takes care of all the input switching ...).

Excessive audio delay for DD audio from external sources is a known bug (among users, it's only Samsung that doesn't know about it). Sat box connected through the soundbar (with the correct amount of audio delay added by your soundbar for that input) is one of the better work-arounds (combined with a macro capable remote that takes care of all the input switching ...).

Thanks, yes it’s fine if I connect the SkyQ box directly to the sound bar but I have my Apple TV 4K connected to it so that Atmos works....

Thanks, yes it’s fine if I connect the SkyQ box directly to the sound bar but I have my Apple TV 4K connected to it so that Atmos works....
Remote controlled (or automatic) HDMI switch, might be the solution you are looking for to get all boxes connected through the HDMI on the soundbar. S/PDIF (Opto or Coax with converter) from Sky box to sound bar is another possibility but excludes the highest bit rate audio formats (but Dolby Digital 5.1 should be fine).

Remote controlled (or automatic) HDMI switch, might be the solution you are looking for to get all boxes connected through the HDMI on the soundbar. S/PDIF (Opto or Coax with converter) from Sky box to sound bar is another possibility but excludes the highest bit rate audio formats (but Dolby Digital 5.1 should be fine).

Yes that seems like a good solution until Samsung fix the problem, thanks.

Hey guys I got the 75 inch q90r, my current tv unit can’t handle the weight so any recommendations which tv stand to get that will easily hold the weight and is not too expensive? Thanks

Well I’ve followed the instructions and it still says I’m on the latest firmware at 1315. which I know the latest is 1355.
Did you download the zip file to a usb stick, or drive, unzip to that location it then click on yes when the TV updater requests to look on the drive for updates?

Did you download the zip file to a usb stick, or drive, unzip to that location it then click on yes when the TV updater requests to look on the drive for updates?
No I just tried it over wi-fi, but at the moment it says I’m got the latest firmware but I know it isn’t.

Yes that is what it will do, mine does, which is why I linked and suggested, manual download...

Ah , ok will do that. Thanks

My 55” Q90 arrived today along with the free Q70R sound bar, very impressed with the picture quality but I have a few audio issues...

1) Does the TV pass through Dolby Atmos? If I connect my 4K Apple TV to one of the inputs on the one connect box I can’t get Atmos but if I connect it directly to the Q70R it works perfectly.

Thanks

Miles

Have you changed the Sky Q audio settings to Dolby Digital Plus for Atmos?

I got my bundle yesterday too but only managed to set the TV up stupidly late last night so not done much with it, but the image quality out the box is stunning. Planning on sorting the soundbar tonight.. I got lucky and Richer Sounds added the HW-Q80 bar on my order as they'd sold out of the 70's when I purchased.

Have you changed the Sky Q audio settings to Dolby Digital Plus for Atmos?

I got my bundle yesterday too but only managed to set the TV up stupidly late last night so not done much with it, but the image quality out the box is stunning. Planning on sorting the soundbar tonight.. I got lucky and Richer Sounds added the HW-Q80 bar on my order as they'd sold out of the 70's when I purchased.

Unfortunately I have one of the old 1TB Sky Q boxes that doesn’t support Atmos....

I have the q90r of 55" and in some video games I have noticed slight DSE ... does this happen to someone?

I have the NU8000 and have to agree with you about the "light pollution," Milano...utterly horrific. Can't wait to move on from this thing...

Sadly ...its not a great TV for a Dark room....l waited a year to rid of it and good bit of saving to get shot of mines....a 75 incher stupidly paid £2k for it sold it for £800....live and learn mate

So my TV has been mounted on the wall....far heavier than the 75nu8000...not had much time to set the PQ to my liking....l got this TV primarily for 4K discs....watched a wee bit of Braveheart....as it's got some tricky night scenes in it....I am over the Moon with the black levels/local dimming the PQ processing is stunning but that's not just down the TV....Well..... l think my Pioneer UDP LX500 has now fell in love with a TV it deserves...worth every penny this TV...There's one slight niggle....and as Phil Hinton stipulates .."There's no such thing as the perfect TV"...Niggle being the Standby light is cheap Tat....in a normal lit room its not even visible....Still miss that LED LIT Samsung Logo...though...used it when the TV was on standby......Summatio...Best TV I HAVE OWNED....Prior to purchase l was stupidly contemplating buying a 77" QLED.....because l was worried about light pollution....just saved myself £4k and without worrying about Burn In

So my TV has been mounted on the wall....far heavier than the 75nu8000...not had much time to set the PQ to my liking....l got this TV primarily for 4K discs....watched a wee bit of Braveheart....as it's got some tricky night scenes in it....I am over the Moon with the black levels/local dimming the PQ processing is stunning but that's not just down the TV....Well..... l think my Pioneer UDP LX500 has now fell in love with a TV it deserves...worth every penny this TV...There's one slight niggle....and as Phil Hinton stipulates .."There's no such thing as the perfect TV"...Niggle being the Standby light is cheap Tat....in a normal lit room its not even visible....Still miss that LED LIT Samsung Logo...though...used it when the TV was on standby......Summatio...Best TV I HAVE OWNED....Prior to purchase l was stupidly contemplating buying a 77" QLED.....because l was worried about light pollution....just saved myself £4k and without worrying about Burn In

Nice to hear enjoy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom