Samsung Q90R QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any idea what this green blob is... it happened while watching g a 4k YT sumasung demo video through the Shield...

It happened throughout the video at various points with different colours...

Please tell me what it is and how its fixed. Never seen it before on any other content.
Is is Tv is it Shield....video stream?

I'd still like to know how someone has got this update in the uk already, no one else seems to have or can find it. Does Samsung release it to a small amount of sets as a beta test prior to full release?
Seems to happen in batches, just be patient...

Latest firmware info has been removed i see on that particular site
Nope
Screenshot_20200710-153530_Chrome.jpg

TV has finally arrived, whoop!

Last edited:
Can confirm both my Samsung Q90R and Q85R HDMI port 4 do 4k 120hz make that of what you will.. :thumbsup: :D

My first question is what is input plus? And should it be enabled or not? Not really sure what it's doing.

Use Input Signal Plus(also known as HDMI UHD Color) to optimize the TV for UHD content. The best part is on some of our TVs, the device is instantly recognized and this setting is turned on automatically.

It might well help with the brightness you mention.

Hi guys, just to say I haven’t gotten the FW update yet either.
If earc was to be included in the update, what should we expect to see? Would it be mentioned in a menu, for example?

Doubt it, the process would be automatically applied to the device, if earc as well, as arc is...

Can confirm both my Samsung Q90R and Q85R HDMI port 4 do 4k 120hz make that of what you will.. :thumbsup: :D

Are you sure ???, and why Samsung did not advertise it like that ?. I can not understand it

I was just playing now with this.
IMG_20200710_201027.jpg

Can anyone recommend any safety straps.

Ideally something that would be too visible.

Are you sure ???, and why Samsung did not advertise it like that ?. I can not understand it

Yes mate,and i have no idea why Samsung would not put something as impotant as this in the respective tv spec sheet but at least we definitley now know.. :thumbsup:

Managment......developers make fantastic features but last man in line forgoth to put this in specs sheet 😑

I was just playing now with this. View attachment 1332316

Yes, but you have the Q90R, it's already known that it can with 4K 120Hz. But the Q85 was not supposed to be able to put 4k 120hz.

Now the question is to know if the HDMI 4 of the Q85R is also 24Gbps or is it 18Gbps and it will only support 4K 120Hz with 8 bits of color.

Yes, but you have the Q90R, it's already known that it can with 4K 120Hz. But the Q85 was not supposed to be able to put 4k 120hz.

Now the question is to know if the HDMI 4 of the Q85R is also 24Gbps or is it 18Gbps and it will only support 4K 120Hz with 8 bits of color.

This is on my q85r as im using it as a pc monitor with my 5700 xt with freesync works incredibly well..👍🤣

Attachments

• 20200710_193402.jpg
    20200710_193402.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 220

All 2019 Samsung’s which use the one connect box are 4k120hz 8bit on hdmi 4

perhaps you are confused with the q80r?

Managment......developers make fantastic features but last man in line forgoth to put this in specs sheet 😑

its in the manual mate

Zooks re *The Youview tuner is unresponsive* - if you're keeping the sony tv then you could try turning off youview. If you enable developer options you can also limit background tasks.
If turning off you view then you can sideload the UK catch up apps from Hoshsadiq github. Should be some guides on the sony forums here

Last edited:
I bought a QE75950R direct from Samsung for £3500 but discovered that it cannot display my photos at native 8K resolution so I have initiated a return & ordered a QE7590R from John Lewis for £2,700. The first suitable delivery slot wasn't for 2 weeks & now it should be arriving next Wednesday but I see that the price is now £2,499 but they have no stock. Does anyone know of somewhere that does have stock at £2,499 so I can get John Lewis to price match?

One thing I have noticed in my short time with this TV is Local Dimming seems a little more aggresive than my KS8000, on video content and gaming this is no issue, it's just loading screens and GUI's, one area that it really shows is on XBOX One, if you go to games and apps, then updates, whilst the circle is spinning whilst checking for updates, there's a wave of grey goes back and forth in time with the spinning circle, this is a darker grey on a grey background (dark theme). Does this happen with anyone else? Local Dimming is set to standard, and it's 4K SDR. If someone can check this is normal I would be super grateful and you will earn a virtual cookie.

TV has finally arrived, coming from a KS8000, here are my initial thoughts and questions:

The design of the TV actually feels better than the KS8000, whilst the KS8000 looked premium, it never felt it to touch, and we all know the manufacturing issues with the KS8000 with panels coming loose, bad screens etc. This TV feels rock solid.

The first holy sweet muffins moment when you unpack this TV is the One Connect box, it's huge! Almost the size of a Bluray Player, it's a device in itself! Compared to the KS8000 OCB it's massive.

My panel is good, minimal DSE, no banding, no light bleed. Tizen seems the same speed as the KS8000 but looks a little updated, I noticed theres apps that weren't available on the KS8000 in the store which is nice.

My first question is what is input plus? And should it be enabled or not? Not really sure what it's doing.

Secondly, whilst my panel is good, it does seem darker than my KS8000, the KS8000 popped whereas the Q90R seems slightly dark to me. On SDR my backlight is 35 which seems reasonable, and HDR 50. Are any of you altering brightness at all? Or leaving at 0?

Can you answer a basic question ?

I just purchased a QN75Q90R QLED that will be delivered next week. Does it matter which HDMI inputs on the one connect box you connect the Blu-ray, Fire Stick, PS4, Cable Box to??
Also, I purchased a surge protector that has a Digital filter, High Video Filter, and Analog filter. which equipment should be pugged into which filter? Ant help would be welcome, Thanks

I have just ordered the 55" q90r today. Can anyone recommend a good wall mount (preferably tilting but flat would probably be fine)? I can't justify the cost of the Samsung no gap and am looking for something cheap and cheerful.

Also, are there any particular sites whose recommend calibration settings are considered best/ worthwhile using as a starting point?

Thanks
DD

There are wall mounts similar to Samsung NoGap on selling sites for around £40.

Loads of settings recommendations in this topic from people who own the set, use the search to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom