Samsung Q90R QLED Owners and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Movie but haven't tweaked anything. Is there any recommended settings?

Only thing I have found a little odd is the soap opera effect, first time for witme with 4k. Turned motion plus off but then saw stutter in image. So turned back on. Partly resolved by turning off Dynamic mode, it was with hindsight melting my eyes... So bright!

For the past few years Samsung tvs have a weird stutter problem for some content so maybe it isn't an isolated case?
Stutter resolved by turning back on motion plus. Partly resolved was in reference to soap opera effect. Think it's actually resolved. The dynamic mode must be the mode for shops to burn retinas!

Stutter resolved by turning back on motion plus. Partly resolved was in reference to soap opera effect. Think it's actually resolved. The dynamic mode must be the mode for shops to burn retinas!
Yeah mate, never watch anything in Dynamic mode!. I shuffle between Movie and Standard mode . Yes I'm aware standard mode isn't entirely accurate, but there's no denying it throws a vibrant and dynamic picture compared to Movie mode om certain content.

The Q90 has a very fast responce time and, therefore, lots of stutter. Not as much as the OLEDs but it's getting close. This is the reason I'm going for the Q9FN.
No stutter at all on my set. Motion settings all switched off.

No stutter at all on my set. Motion settings all switched off.

I haven't seen it myself but here is what the guys at Rtings say: "Due to the very fast response time of the Q90, low frame rate content is held on screen for longer periods of time, which can cause the image to appear to stutter. If you find this stutter bothersome, you can reduce it by enabling motion interpolation or the optional black frame insertion feature."

You're probably not that sensitive to stutter. I am, which is why I returned an otherwise excellent C8 :(

The Apple TV app is showing up when do a search but will not install,it states my tv is not supported. I though all 2019 were supported

The Apple TV app is showing up when do a search but will not install,it states my tv is not supported. I though all 2019 were supported
Looks like people in the states have been able to get the Apple TV app and Airplay 2 working. Maybe it's a phased release ?

Looks like people in the states have been able to get the Apple TV app and Airplay 2 working. Maybe it's a phased release ?

I am sure you will get it soon. Us people over on the Q9FN thread on here who have the latest update seem to have had the AppleTV app appear lastnight/today.

Make sure your Q90's are fully updated and I reckon it will appear very soon.

Just got mine .. Airplay and all :)

Rtings video review says that the overall Q90r is the best LCD TV on the market but does quantify this by saying that if black levels are your priority then the Q9 is a better set.
The last minute of the video sums up perfectly the plus and minus points of the Q90r

Listened to the podcast yesterday and was expecting the review for our beloved Q90R to be up already.
Looks like Phil is pulling a GRRM Winds of Winter on us !:D

Listened to the podcast yesterday and was expecting the review for our beloved Q90R to be up already.
Looks like Phil is pulling a GRRM Winds of Winter on us !:D
It's coming, was slightly side tracked. Should be here tomorrow.

This thread has gone very quite, even Mr Hinton is 2 days late.

This thread has gone very quite, even Mr Hinton is 2 days late.
You literally read my mind! was just going to post the same..
I called out Big Daddy Phil for doing a GRRM on us, guess that was a foreshadowing that came through in the end:laugh:
I wish we had the 82" Q90r in the UK. This 75" is starting to look small in my mind:D

Sorry, the Apple update landed so I wanted to double check that all works as it should and then did a quick re-edit of the video and written review. Video is rendering now and will take a while as it's 4K and then it'll take a few hours to upload to YouTube, so it should be live late today, hopefully.

You literally read my mind! was just going to post the same..
I called out Big Daddy Phil for doing a GRRM on us, guess that was a foreshadowing that came through in the end:laugh:
I wish we had the 82" Q90r in the UK. This 75" is starting to look small in my mind:D
To be fair to Phil we are not talking about just the review of the Q900r but also a comparison with the Q9 and an OLED so it will take longer.With the Q900r running alongside the Q9 Phil will be able to pin point the plus and minus points of each set.Also unlike the other reviews of the Q900r saying how superior the set is to the Q9 (when they are basing this on something they last saw about a year ago) Phils will be based on a real comparison.
I think it will make interesting reading!

Nice One Phil :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom