Samsung Q95T (QE55Q95T) QLED 4K TV Review & Comments

Steve.. just got off of chat with Samsung and they are saying the q90t and q95t are both 10 bit (8bit + FRC) and not a true 10 bit panel. That the true 10 bit panels don't start until the 800T can you give some more insight into this?
First I've hears of it, but I'll ask for clarification.

Is it just me or is this thing that LG and Samsung have about not supporting Dolby Vision or HDR10+ depending on what TV you buy really bad for us consumers?

I mean do you have to choose your content provider based on your TV? surely the TV needs to support all formats?

if this keeps up then I will keep my C7 for a long time

Steve.. just got off of chat with Samsung and they are saying the q90t and q95t are both 10 bit (8bit + FRC) and not a true 10 bit panel. That the true 10 bit panels don't start until the 800T can you give some more insight into this?
Seems completely inconclusive. Seems 3 or 4 people have asked this and all have got a different answer.

Some reviews same as Steves say 10 bit for the Q90/95 and 8bit +FRC for everything below.

Is it just me or is this thing that LG and Samsung have about not supporting Dolby Vision or HDR10+ depending on what TV you buy really bad for us consumers?

I mean do you have to choose your content provider based on your TV? surely the TV needs to support all formats?

if this keeps up then I will keep my C7 for a long time
Samsung don't want to pay the loyalty for Dolby Vision and have obviously dug their heals in. Don't forget you still get HDR10 when watching DV content so all is not lots. Many find the difference very subtle and in some reviews prefer HDR10, each to their own.

Samsung don't want to pay the loyalty for Dolby Vision and have obviously dug their heals in. Don't forget you still get HDR10 when watching DV content so all is not lots. Many find the difference very subtle and in some reviews prefer HDR10, each to their own.

They pass that on to customers anyway.

In my mind, the TV should be able to play the formats that are broadcast and Streamed not what th manufacturer wants to support, I get format wars for Discs, but arguably Netflix and Disney Plus use Dolby Vision so why would I buy a TV that doesn't display that.

In my mind, the TV should be able to play the formats that are broadcast and Streamed not what th manufacturer wants to support, I get format wars for Discs, but arguably Netflix and Disney Plus use Dolby Vision so why would I buy a TV that doesn't display that.
I completely agree but silly decisions and commercials get in the way and us the consumer loses out. Whilst we understand the advantages, the vast majority of consumers wouldn’t have a clue about the differences or care it’s not there. That’s what Samsung are betting on and for them sales are likely unaffected; so they carry on with the currently disappointing short sighted stance.

Hi All,

I just got the 85 inch model of this TV and am looking to see which wall mount should be used, I dont seem to see anything on Samsung site, and direction greatly appreciated.

And there it is: No Gap Wall-Mount 2020 WMN-R30EA (85 inch) | Samsung NL
The 2020 'No Gap' (7mm minimum distance to the wall) for the 85 inch models. It will be released in June. The mount for the 75 inch will be available in August.

Because the differences are minimal, it's not DV or nothing. It's DV vs HDR10, which is pretty damn fine in its own..
90% of the people would barely know the difference, 100% if you don't have a TV next to it that does support it.
It's a nuisance at best that it doesn't have it, but certainly not a flaw that is insurmountable as some people pretend it is. (not referring to you btw!)

Samsung has confirmed that true 10-bit panels are only used on the Q900T/Q950TS. I asked about the Q800T, but they weren't sure and will check with Korea and get back tomorrow.

After contacting Samsung NL, they admitted that the No Gap 2020 wall mount will be available after the summer. The No Gap Mount 2019 is not compatible. This is due to a design mistake on the 2020 models: It is no longer possible to completely mount the One Connect cable in the housing of the television. When you use the 2019 or '2020' Samsung No Gap wallmount on the Q95t models the one connect cable will break.

In the end we bought the Vogels WALL 3305 to mount the Samsung Q95T.
Oh no I just took delivery of a Q95T 75 and one if the main selling points was the no gap wall mount.
I also purchased the 2019 no gap wall mount because it was offered as an accessory on check out on the Samsung site.
I started up a support chat a couple of days ago and the guy assured me I didn’t need the 2019 no gap wall mount because the Q95T was a flagship and it included the wall mount in the box. Even when I send him a screen capture of the manual that said it needed to be purchased separately. I’ve not unpacked my TV yet. I’ve sent the 2019 wall mount back.
Now I found this thread. Very annoying.
So sounds like even when they do ship the 2020 wall mount it want be no gap.

I got my Q95T today. Early impressions are good, I'm still experimenting with picture modes and related settings. I have one question, when I removed the white plastic strips from the sides of the screen, is there a clear plastic screen protector that should also have peeled off at the same time?

I got my Q95T today. Early impressions are good, I'm still experimenting with picture modes and related settings. I have one question, when I removed the white plastic strips from the sides of the screen, is there a clear plastic screen protector that should also have peeled off at the same time?
Yes

There's no onboard Atmos decoding, so yes it just decodes the audio as DD 5.1 or DD+ 5.1 if available. However it can pass Atmos back via ARC from the built-in apps to a soundbar or receiver.
Hi Steve - newbie and not technically savvy so please be gentle.
I have a 49 2018 Frame and looking at a 55Q95T as an upgrade, i am also looking to pair with a forthcoming Sonos ARC hence the interest in E-ARC. Can you make idiot proof your statement as above please, Samsung are saying I won't get Dolby Atmos passthrough from the TV apps, but will have to gain via an external source such as firestick etc. Is this correct?. this tv ticks all the boxes (wall mount with one cable, ps5 capable input etc) but this Atmos thing is the last point of buy/not buy and wait?
Thanks in Advance

I have a 49 2018 Frame and looking at a 55Q95T as an upgrade, i am also looking to pair with a forthcoming Sonos ARC hence the interest in E-ARC. Can you make idiot proof your statement as above please, Samsung are saying I won't get Dolby Atmos passthrough from the TV apps, but will have to gain via an external source such as firestick etc. Is this correct?. this tv ticks all the boxes (wall mount with one cable, ps5 capable input etc) but this Atmos thing is the last point of buy/not buy and wait?
Thanks in Advance
and to be even clearer from the tv is it pseudo Atmos, and not real Dolby Atmos?

Thanks in Advance
The TV will pass full Dolby Atmos back via eARC, either from its built-in apps or any other Atmos sources connected using HDMI. So don't worry, you'll be able to enjoy Atmos using the Q95T with the Sonos Atmos soundbar.

The TV will pass full Dolby Atmos back via eARC, either from its built-in apps or any other Atmos sources connected using HDMI. So don't worry, you'll be able to enjoy Atmos using the Q95T with the Sonos Atmos soundbar.
Thanks Steve, final question, in your opinion is this a vast upgrade on 2018 frame, and the 2020 frame? My wife likes the art mode but think the ambient mode will compensate and hoping the picture us better by a mile.

Hi this is better news.. Can you tell me where you found the info that the 75" will be out August? did it have any details on that mount also? Cheers

I heard this over the phone from Samsung. The dutch website is changed again. They now claim that the 2019 version is compatible:

No Gap Wall Mount*: * Not supplied as standard, for sale as a separate accessory. For the 55Q95T / 65Q95T this is the WMN-M15E, for the 75Q95T the WMN-M25E and for the 85Q95T this is the WMN-R30E.

We are not going to try because the 2019 version would damage the One Connect cable.

I'm getting my Q95T today and the One Connect Box and the No Gap Wall Mount were huge selling points for me. Got very confusing information from Samsung directly, but they just 'couldn't say' when the wall mounts would be available.

I also need a longer One Connect cable, but they couldn't say if the 2019 version of this cable would work. Does anyone else have any information about this?

Exactly same for me GusGusGus... big selling point and still I have no conclusive answer from Samsung. I've spent probably total 4+ hours one the phone with Samsung over a number of calls and transferred between departments. The last I spoke with a Supervisor in Samsung Shop and they say 2019 is not compatible with 75 Q95T. Yesterday it was the opposite...

I've replied to their support email and I'm waiting for them to get back to me...

I've found their customer service appalling. It's so difficult to speak with them and have a normal conversation... all script driven.

When I get a reply I'll update this thread.

Having looked at the back of the TV, I think the issue is just that the OneConnect cable 'channel' which keeps the cable inserted into the TV, ends before it reaches the edge of the TV. So the cable protrudes out of the TV on the back of the TV. So if the the TV is flush with the wall it would/could damage the cable where comes out of the channel.

Frankly, the design of the cannel basically means it can't sit flush with the wall. I think you'd have to modify the channel, or allow the cable to go straight into a hole in your wall where it comes out of the channel. That could be the answer with a 2019 NGWM.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom