Samsung Q95T (QE55Q95T) QLED 4K TV Review & Comments

Once this lockdown is out of the way and things are limping back to normal, I would like to see a shootout of 2020 QLEDs and OLEDs. Think it maybe very close this year or perhaps we will be in for a surprise.

I just checked in Saturn and this model is 700eu more expensive then q90r....now is good time to take q90r 😁

Once this lockdown is out of the way and things are limping back to normal, I would like to see a shootout of 2020 QLEDs and OLEDs. Think it maybe very close this year or perhaps we will be in for a surprise.
It's pointless OLED would win again. They would just put a master monitor and direct people to see which TV matches closely with the master monitor, which is stupid if you ask me. They should ask attendees which TV they prefer based on the display content.

It’s so annoying that this doesn’t have Dolby Vision.

I was thinking of the CX this year but seems that you’re not allowed to turn on an OLED TV and just watch it. I’d prefer to buy a TV and watch it and not have to treat it as it was on critical support, but it has Dolby Vision and would go better with the SN11RG soundbar.

My current TV is a Samsung from 2009, still as good as new but no 4K. As it’s been trouble free my wallet is saying buy another Samsung.

Grrr
If I were you, I would go for this model. I agree, with OLED you would have to conduct certain rituals first, like check for bandings and when does the panel clean itself and the constant fear of IR or IB, which now is less of an occurrence.

You don't need DV as this TV does not need tone map if the content is mastered in 1000 nits due its higher peak brightness. Also you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between DV and HDR side by side.

DV would be really welcome on Samsung sets because i was accustomed to all this options on LG oleds and now i havd only movie on q90r.
I know i can setup picture to my likening but i really liked ISF night and day on LG oleds and ofcourse DV.
Any extra option is welcome....

If that was the case, these LED-LCD / QLEDs must be winning the HDR category in shootouts. Why doesn't they because Pixel level control wins and another reason is most of the contents are under 1,000 nits. Yes, sometimes the HDR can be impactful on my Panny DX-902 but I still prefer my ex-OLED simply because of a consistent viewing experience. :)
I've seen the best OLED TVs and they are more accurate with more control,but we are talking about 2 different things. As I said I've seen the best calibrated OLED TVs. LED has better HDR impact and until that changes (which it won't) I'm looking at TVs like this or waiting for micro led.

It surprised me to be honest, I wasn't expecting the Q95T to remain competitive in terms of picture quality given the drop in zones.

Steve

Thanks for the review.

Expanding on MEGATAMA question further.
From what I can tell from the review if you were not going to have the TV calibrated the Q95T is definitely the better option than the Q90R. (more natural picture modes + film maker mode now)

Or is that too simplistic?

DV would be really welcome on Samsung sets because i was accustomed to all this options on LG oleds and now i havd only movie on q90r.
I know i can setup picture to my likening but i really liked ISF night and day on LG oleds and ofcourse DV.
Any extra option is welcome....

You can take out the CAL NIGHT and CAL DAY modes in the service menu, they are two more movie modes with all the adjustment options

Thing is though if you want a true Samsung QLED TV this is the last year they will be releasing new ones, in future they will be Sharp ones which are said to be not as reliable with quality control.

Thing is though if you want a true Samsung QLED TV this is the last year they will be releasing new ones, in future they will be Sharp ones which are said to be not as reliable with quality control.
Thats lcd panels not entire TV sets.

You can take out the CAL NIGHT and CAL DAY modes in the service menu, they are two more movie modes with all the adjustment options
I think i will void warranty with that.

They will buy lcd panels from diferent wendors,for rest use google.
Yes I know that eg Sharp like I have already said, whats your point and what are you saying? QLED is LCD not anything different.

I think me and you have crossed wires basically like I said Samsung QLED TVs will now be Sharp and probably TCL. And the will continue with QLED TVs but they won’t be Samsung LCD panels in the QLED TVs they will be Sharp and TCL probably. Concur?

Just to be clear, Samsung Display is stopping production of LCD panels, but Samsung Electronics will continue to make and sell LCD TVs, but source panels from third parties.

From what I can tell from the review if you were not going to have the TV calibrated the Q95T is definitely the better option than the Q90R. (more natural picture modes + film maker mode now)
The SDR Movie modes on both the Q90R and Q95T are very similar, but the HDR Movie mode on the Q95T has more accurate tone mapping out of the box. However moving the contrast control down to 40 on the Q90R should bring the tone mapping in line with the PQ EOTF.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom