Samsung RU 7 series owners thread

Got the 43" RU7400 just over a month ago, and very happy with it.

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between the 7100 and 7400? Same internals but just different aesthetically?

Apple TV in action!

Attachments

• apple TV app.jpeg
    apple TV app.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 2,766
Got the 43" RU7400 just over a month ago, and very happy with it.

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between the 7100 and 7400? Same internals but just different aesthetically?
The 7400 has a few more nits of brightness... but make sure you aren't talking about the curved panel?

Even in an entry level TV, the app is responsive, and the basic remote is simple to use
I may not buy the more fancy remote..
Setup was a cinch...

Brightness is down compared to the RU 8000 and other higher end TVs, but for daily use for news, a little light entertainment, it's fine. It's no light canon for sure..

Will do a proper review later..

The 7400 has a few more nits of brightness... but make sure you aren't talking about the curved panel?

Definitely not the curved. Just the normal 43RU7400. Although just noticed it's dropped in price slightly at JL since I bought it last month, which is annoying.

Even in an entry level TV, the app is responsive, and the basic remote is simple to use
I may not buy the more fancy remote..
Setup was a cinch...

Brightness is down compared to the RU 8000 and other higher end TVs, but for daily use for news, a little light entertainment, it's fine. It's no light canon for sure..

Will do a proper review later..

There's a more fancy remote than the smart remote? Or are you talking about the smart remote?

I haven't used the Apple TV app at all, but when I've been having a look it hasn't had that long list of channels available to subscribe to which are in the video you posted. I'll take another look later. Tbh I'm not an Apple fan so it may just be that I've no idea what I'm doing :laugh:

RU7400 also has a wide colour gamut as well. The RU8000 doesn't have local dimming so it's a glorified RU7400 with freesync/120hz refresh rate.

Got the RU7400 in 55” and very happy with it. No bleeding/clouding and just perfect. All set up now.

Hey guys. What made you choose the RU7400? I am looking to upgrade to a 43'' panel and this looks good. I read it's a va panel. What angle does the picture start to wash out? I sometimes have film evenings with guests and at least a couple of them will watch the screen at a slight angle...cheers.

Do you think it would be better to use the settings from the RU7300? As it is a few models closer to the 7400? Samsung RU7300 Calibration Settings

Is is slightly different with the brightness set at 2.

Also they recommend contrast enhancer set to high and brightness set to 5 for a brighter HDR pic. What do people think of this?

The 7300 is just a curved variant of the 7100. It’s no better but is guaranteed to be va.

Got the ru7400 43" for £367 today through the eBay 20% of code.

Looking forward to putting it up in the bedroom.

anyone using the ru7100 / 7400 as a pc monitor?? hows the experience? how far away you sit from the display? im planning on getting the ru7400 and use it as a full time pc monitor. Sitting will be about 90cm -1m away

Hi all, looking at getting the 75" version, can anyone tell me what the distance is between the legs of the stand is for the 75", need to know for my tv unit. Anyone ??

Anyone using the RU7100 43 inch for gaming? The reviews say 10ms input lag, how's the ghosting on this TV

Also, is the RU7100 43 inch a VA or IPS panel in the UK? I think this can vary between regions

Last edited:
Just picked up this TV in 43" and the main thing annoying me is the menu that pops up along the bottom when I change the video sauce.
Looks like a quick select of different apps.

Any ideas of how to get rid of this?

I bought the 55” from curry’s and just can’t get along with it at all. Tried the picture settings from this thread and some YouTube ones.

I can be watching some program, say in hd on sky and it looks good. But then other hd channels look shocking. The Bbc1 HD in particular. If I adjust settings for bbc1 hd. Then the other channels don’t look great.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom