Samsung RU 7 series owners thread

I have a RU7470 Model for last one year. TV was all good so far but suddenly i can't access all the settings. Like from picture option i can only access picture mode but not the others. Same for others settings. Only first option is accessible. Apart from this i cant change wired to wireless connection. Tried resetting but i was unable to reset. Any solution please??

I have a RU7470 Model for last one year. TV was all good so far but suddenly i can't access all the settings. Like from picture option i can only access picture mode but not the others. Same for others settings. Only first option is accessible. Apart from this i cant change wired to wireless.

Hi guys. I believe around one month ago my UE58RU7100KXXU (firmware v1392) started behave differently. (I use it as a pc monitor only). When I turn tv on Samsung logo glows at full brightness and then picture slowly dims to set level 2min/8max backlight. I would cut my finger that before, tv turned on in shutter way from horizontal line up an down, like a curtain without Samsung logo and remembered minimum backlight 2 setting already. Can you tell me please what way your tv behave?

Hope it's ok to cross-post as I thought this might be the forum for my query. I have the opportunity to buy a used 43" Samsung UE43RU7100 for about £150... It's for a bedroom/office. Viewing is mainly in dimmish light of feature films on MUBI ( I think MUBI uses 1080p but not certain on this), features on YTube (eg the excellent free Mosfilm Tarkovsky archive), docos/films on BBC iPlayer and Amazon Prime Video. I worked in film exhibition so it's important to have a good picture. I might also like to use it as a monitor for my M1 MacBook Pro though I don't know if the resolution works well. I may try to bargain the price down to around £130. Would this be a good option?

PS: I'v just been reading about TCL's Android and Roku models at 43" and the TCL 43C635k seems much better as it has local dimming. It's available at about £299 too. See: TCL C635 QLED – a winner for those on a tight budget (TV review) - Cybershack

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom