Samsung RU 7 series owners thread

Hi guys. Would you mind helping me for a few minutes?

What is the best calibration for the normal fat PS4(1106a) with UA50NU7090?
I’ve been very confused with the sharpness and etc.

This is the current settings.

Picture Mode: Game
Blacklight: 38-50 depending on time of day
Brightness: 0 (middle)
Contrast: 50 (max)
Sharpness: 10 (middle)
Colour: 25 (middle)

Digital Clean View: Off
Auto Motion Plus Settings: Off
Contrast Enhancer: High
Colour Tone: Standard
White Balance & Gamma = untouched
Colour Space Settings = Native

HDMI Black Level: Normal
PS4 RGB Range: Full

Is this already ok? Should I Ieave the sharpness on since the output is 1080p(up-scaled I guess)? Or should I leave it at 0.

Thank you all in advance.

If you want a more accurate image you want to change the colour tone to warm 2 or warm 1. This will bring your Tv more in to line with a calibrated TV. This will make the colours more true to real life

My friend just bought this TV and has videocalled me showing the hdr isn't working. He was on the Netflix app and clicked something with a hdr tag, nothing on the TV flashed to say hdr and when I got him to check picture settings there wasn't any hdr options.

My friend just bought this TV and has videocalled me showing the hdr isn't working. He was on the Netflix app and clicked something with a hdr tag, nothing on the TV flashed to say hdr and when I got him to check picture settings there wasn't any hdr options.

Is your friend sure he has the right Netflix tariff for HDR? It will show the 4K UHD HDR tags even if you don't have that tier, it just means when it plays it will play in 1080p SDR instead.

This series of TV doesn't give a notification when it switches into HDR. HDR picture preset options also only show when it is displaying HDR material.

Is your friend sure he has the right Netflix tariff for HDR? It will show the 4K UHD HDR tags even if you don't have that tier, it just means when it plays it will play in 1080p SDR instead.

This series of TV doesn't give a notification when it switches into HDR. HDR picture preset options also only show when it is displaying HDR material.
I've got him to check. Thanks.

Just got a Samsung RU7100, and am very pleased with the set thus far.
My only issue is not being able to connect Logitech's K600 keyboard, whic I originally bought for my older Sony XBR, I contacted Samsung, Logitech, and Crutchfield, and got nowhere other than having them say the key board is not compatible. That being said, even though there is no indication that the keyboard is connected, I am able, with the unifying receiver in the TV's USB slot, to turn the set on and off, and negotiate around Samsung's Smart TV Plus App with it.
So... If it truly is not compatible, which keyboard is ?
None of the entities I had support sessions with could answer that question ...

Hi all, I'm looking for recommendations for bluetooth headphones for my 43 inch RU7100. I've tried 3 (cheap) sets and they are not showing up. For comparison I have two 5 year old BT speakers that show up fine. I need the phones for multi output audio as the neighbours the next town over are complaining about the volume. Just looking for no lag audio and good value, any phones that work for you.

My 43inch 7400 arrived today, model number 4, not sure what panel type that makes it but generally pretty happy with the picture considering its a budget TV.

Hi all, I'm looking for recommendations for bluetooth headphones for my 43 inch RU7100. I've tried 3 (cheap) sets and they are not showing up. For comparison I have two 5 year old BT speakers that show up fine. I need the phones for multi output audio as the neighbours the next town over are complaining about the volume. Just looking for no lag audio and good value, any phones that work for you.
Just for reference, I bought Mixx OX2 bluetooth headphones (over ear) from ASDA (UK Walmart) and they work... okay. They are a bit quiet on max, but cheap and comfortable with c. 4 hour battery. As of the 5th May 2020 they are £10.

I've tried 3 (cheap) sets and they are not showing up. For comparison I have two 5 year old BT speakers that show up fine.
I noticed pairing BT in UE58RU7100 works different way than in smartphones. It is not enough to turn the headphones on but we need press and hold pairing button for some time while BT speakers without pairing button pop up on the list automagically.

I noticed pairing BT in UE58RU7100 works different way than in smartphones. It is not enough to turn the headphones on but we need press and hold pairing button for some time while BT speakers without pairing button pop up on the list automagically.
Thanks, the Mixx OX2 headphones I finally bought do exactly as you say.
If I merely take the phones out of the room or, heaven forbid, pair with something else, the TV forgets them.
I may have the first recorded case of Samsung Dementia.

I may have the first recorded case of Samsung Dementia

My UE58RU7100 is another one I'm afraid. I didn't find a permanent way to name hdmi1, hdmi2 ports as pc new 01, pc old 02. When I turn my computers off UE58RU7100 forgets the edited names and reverts them to default. (or maybe I'm doing something wrong?)

When I turn my computers off UE58RU7100 forgets the edited names and reverts them to default. (or maybe I'm doing something wrong?)
I have an android box attached (because the TV can't handle all video formats) and if I reboot the box the name goes to Unknown.
It's not you doing something wrong; it's Samsung. They've deliberately crippled their newer TVs in oh so many ways. I have an 6 year old Samsung that does everything mentioned above without a blink. I've been very close to returning this TV every time I try out a new function.

I have the 55inch version of the ru7400 model and wanted some advice.

Was watching The Cabin in The Woods tonight on Netflix, yet it was nearly unwatchable due to the awful picture.

It was a 1080p stream but the blacks were so blotchy and when the people were running, the images were blurry.

So we then put on Nightcrawler and it was the same issue with that.

Was watching The Cabin in The Woods tonight on Netflix, yet it was nearly unwatchable due to the awful picture.
Me too.
I'm guessing Netflix and/or the ISP's choked the bandwidth last night in the UK and around Europe.
netflix Saturday 16052020.png

virgin Saturday 16052020.png

New normal...

Hello. Im having problems with setting up my new 50 RU7020 This problem is probably unique in terms of not many people will have this combination of equipment so I appreciate this maybe hard to resolve.

Basically I'm unable to set my tv up so I can play my ps3 slim and sky hd box via my Sony 1050 to my new tv. I plug everything in and the tv fails to recognize the receiver and the hdmi light flashes on the front panel. How ever if I connect my ps3 and sky box directly to the tv and my receiver to the ARC hdmi port on the tv I can get everything working including universal remote control of both devices. Only issue is I've now lost the HD surround formats of my receiver when viewing bluray on my ps3. This is due to those formats being unable to pass over ARC. So while it is a work around I'm kind of disappointed I've lost some receiver function. Has anyone had this kind of issue?

Tricky one hey?

Cheers,

Steve.

P.S I have contacted Samsung and they were unable to help

I only got the TV since the pandemic kicked in, but have noticed blacks being blotchy on all streaming services. Hoping it's to do with bandwidth issues, rather than the set. It's the only real downside to the set.

It there much of a difference between samsung UE58TU7100 and UE58RU7100,the TU is 300 euro more.

Hi. I have the samsung 43 inch ru7000, I want to get sky ultra hd. Will it work on the tv. Does this tv have hdcp 2.2

Thanks

Hi. I have the samsung 43 inch ru7000, I want to get sky ultra hd. Will it work on the tv. Does this tv have hdcp 2.2

Thanks

Yeah, it will work fine.

I have purchased the UE43RU7100 and so far everything is working great, but one thing I'd love to stop is the home menu appearing all the time when I do something. If I go into the TV guide and then exit out of it to continue watching, it appears and doesn't go away until you press EXIT. It doesn't time out. It just creates extra button presses every time you go into the menu as you have to get rid of it when you're not expecting it to come on. I have looked through the menu and turned what appeared to be the option for the home menu to off but it's still happening. Any ideas?

Also (rather annoyingly) you can't reorder the channels, but you can create a favourites list, but it doesn't give them a new number in the list, so you can't just press the channel number required from favourites, you have to still remember the original LCN it has. Not very intuitive!

Retuned the channel list last night on an UE49RU7300KXXU as there were a few channels that said unavailable due to channel updates.
However after the retune all the freeview channels were in alphabetical order rather than tbe normal freeview order.
I tried everything including factory reset to correct this and still only retunes in alphabetical order.
Am I missing something?

I have been in the service menu to enable HDR+, but not changed anything to do with broadcasts unless I've done it inadvertently? However I took some pics of the settings pages before changing anything and it looks correct.

I have managed to reorder the channels manually with CHANSORT , but I'm just a little confused as to whats going on?

Ideas anyone?

Need some urgent help with my UE55RU7400.

Turned the TV on today and despite not having changed any settings at all, my TV is now unwatchable due to the huge amount of judder.

Tried watching football on the BBC and other channels today and its a mess. Juddering all over the place. Yet never had any issues before today.

Even changing the judder stettings does nothing at all.

Any help? Otherwise will have to send it back

Need some urgent help with my UE55RU7400.

Turned the TV on today and despite not having changed any settings at all, my TV is now unwatchable due to the huge amount of judder.

Tried watching football on the BBC and other channels today and its a mess. Juddering all over the place. Yet never had any issues before today.

Even changing the judder stettings does nothing at all.

Any help? Otherwise will have to send it back

Have you checked for a firmware update that might have changed the settings behind the scene?

Have you checked for a firmware update that might have changed the settings behind the scene?

All working fine now. Turned the TV on and off 3 times, waiting 30 seconds before turning it back on and after the 3rd time it was working perfectly again.

Bit worrying though, as the judder was awful and shouldn't have to turn it on and off 3 times to get it working

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom