Samsung RU 7 series owners thread

I have the UE65RU7020KXXU and have a weird issue with the apple tv app. I have HDMI to my surround sound receiver. Most films output Dolby digital 5.1 fine, but certain ones do not (the matrix for example) even though it should have DD 5.1
Anyone else had this issue

My friend just bought this TV and has videocalled me showing the hdr isn't working. He was on the Netflix app and clicked something with a hdr tag, nothing on the TV flashed to say hdr and when I got him to check picture settings there wasn't any hdr options.

i've got a similar problem on my 3 year old sony android 4k i get loads of 4k content in netflix, with the same account on the Samsung 7100 i only get HDR content?
i can select the same program at the same time in two seperate rooms 1 plays in 4k and 1 in HDR or 1080p.

just bought a UE43RU7100KXXU from ARGOS UK and got a VA panel with version 06/URU7100 on the serial no: sticker.
made in Slovakia
Can you help me out with some info. When you set up the TV what country options did it give you. Did it give UK as an option or did you select OTHER?

Thanks.

Just looking for some help here regarding the first time setup of the TV. I'm having a problem with the LCN on my RU7300.
Would anyone be able remember which Country option they selected in setup? I don't have UK, only some EU countries or OTHER.
I think this is what is causing my issue.

Thanks.

Can you help me out with some info. When you set up the TV what country options did it give you. Did it give UK as an option or did you select OTHER?

Thanks.
Hi i dont recall getting any country option, but i did use smart things app which inputs the data from your samsung account /phone location data.

It seems I've worked out why I don't have UK as an option in setup. It seems somehow the TV has set its region to CZE which is Czech Republic. This explains why I was only given Slovakia etc in the country list.
How I managed to do this I don't know.
I'll admit I've been in the service menu (I'm a serial messer) however the region options are exactly the same as before. PANEURO and EU. It looks like the local set region has been changed.
Unfortunately it seems Samsung has removed the option to change the LOCAL SET region in the service menu, so how in the heck it got changed I don't know.
I was hoping a firmware update would revert things, but it seems not. Well not yet anyway.
My TV was on version 1356.0 firmware.
I couldn't load the same firmware via USB stick as it was the same version.

Eventually I managed to update the firmware to 1360.9 by connecting the TV to Samsungs development update server.
This firmware must be a prerelease test version, but all works as it should.
This set most of the service menu tweaks I'd made back to how they were initially. Unfortunately country is still stuck on CZE.

It seems the update was only a small update as it was quick to update. Ideally I probably need the full firmware update around 1.5gb to update manually via USB.

So it looks like I'm stuck with a European TV until I can figure out a way of changing the country code.
My next step is the serial console.

If you contact Samsung's help, they can connect remotely to the TV and perhaps they can do something? I had to do this and they installed a software update remotely for me and might be able to do the same for you.

I can sympathise, I do love to mess around with things and see how they work and what can/can't be done, I'm just glad I haven't done so with my new Samsung yet, but it will likely happen at some point! Probably to turn off the dimming feature as that's the only thing annoying me at present, apart from the home screen showing up every time you exit the TV guide or a streaming service and it won't go away unless you press EXIT, no matter how long you leave it.

Can I ask for what reason did they update the firmware? Had you already been in the service menu?
The only thing is I've updated the TV to the latest development firmware(this is not generally available), so they may not be able to apply an update (unless they can force an update? )
Obviously the warranty is null now, so not sure how Samsung will handle that?

There was an issue with the TV Guide and the home menu displaying which they fixed by connecting and re-flashing the software. It wasn't anything to to do with being in the service menu... yet!

D
There was an issue with the TV Guide and the home menu displaying which they fixed by connecting and re-flashing the software. It wasn't anything to to do with being in the service menu... yet!
Did they flash the same firmware or was it an update?

So I purchased a new 4K TV. 55Ru7100 model. Hardware variation: CA04. All DTS files are working: I tested blu ray, mp4 files (DTS demos) and DVDs

Did they introduce DTS in a "stealth" firmware upgrade?

I noticed the TV converts blu ray disc DTS to Dolby Digital. My blu ray player only recognize the TV as having Dolby 5.1 and Dolby 5.1 Plus. I've tried using these files in a NU7300 and it says "audio format not supported"

The only format it didn't work was DTX Virtual X from the DTS demo website. DTS 5.1 working

It seems I've worked out why I don't have UK as an option in setup. It seems somehow the TV has set its region to CZE which is Czech Republic. This explains why I was only given Slovakia etc in the country list.
How I managed to do this I don't know.
I'll admit I've been in the service menu (I'm a serial messer) however the region options are exactly the same as before. PANEURO and EU. It looks like the local set region has been changed.
Unfortunately it seems Samsung has removed the option to change the LOCAL SET region in the service menu, so how in the heck it got changed I don't know.
I was hoping a firmware update would revert things, but it seems not. Well not yet anyway.
My TV was on version 1356.0 firmware.
I couldn't load the same firmware via USB stick as it was the same version.

Eventually I managed to update the firmware to 1360.9 by connecting the TV to Samsungs development update server.
This firmware must be a prerelease test version, but all works as it should.
This set most of the service menu tweaks I'd made back to how they were initially. Unfortunately country is still stuck on CZE.

It seems the update was only a small update as it was quick to update. Ideally I probably need the full firmware update around 1.5gb to update manually via USB.

So it looks like I'm stuck with a European TV until I can figure out a way of changing the country code.
My next step is the serial console.
Problem solved, swapped the main board. They're not expensive. Now channels are back to normal.
Incidentally there are 2 boards available with different part numbers, but are in fact exactly the same. Just different manufacturing dates. One made in 2018, one made in 2019.

Either works perfectly.

Hi, I'm looking for a good review of the UE58RU7100K please (either personal or published)...can anyone help?

Hi i know it easrly days but will the RU7000 work with the PS5 in 4K.

Looking to buy a 43" ru7100 with model nr. UE43RU7172UXXH. Is there any way of telling if it's VA or IPS without checking the tv in person? They don't have it in stock in my city but I'll probably go and check it out myself when i have the time. Asked their online support if they knew whether it was VA or IPS but they were clueless. Is there any info on the box I could ask them to tell me that would indicate the panel type?
Thanks in advance.

Looking to buy a 43" ru7100 with model nr. UE43RU7172UXXH. Is there any way of telling if it's VA or IPS without checking the tv in person? They don't have it in stock in my city but I'll probably go and check it out myself when i have the time. Asked their online support if they knew whether it was VA or IPS but they were clueless. Is there any info on the box I could ask them to tell me that would indicate the panel type?
Thanks in advance.
I don't think there's anything on the outside of the box to indicate the panel type. You need to check the serial number on the actual TV, if they'll let you open the box.

Hi all, I updated the software the other day on my RU7400 (OTA, not memory stick) and since then iplayer and Netflix apps just don't work. I can get into them, select a programme to watch, then it just freezes.

I've found that if I unplug the TV from the mains and plug it back in they work again?!

Any ideas how to properly fix this rather than having to unplug the TV every time they balls up?

Hi guys, recently setup a 50ru7100uk and it just keeps losing the WiFi connection. Everything else connects to the Internet fine, the TV just keeps saying it can't connect to the network. The Xbox is connected to the TV and on WiFi and this works fine, so the network is not the issue. I have rebooted the router and TV many times and still no good. Also checked both bands for the WiFi and again it makes no difference. Its a smart TV that's not so smart.

Unfortunately no option to hard wire as the router is on a different floor and room. I have also installed the latest firmware via USB as it obviously cannot connect to the Internet so unable to do an OTA update, again no joy or improvement.

Anyone else had this issue or know of it or how to resolve it?

Any assistance would be much appreciated👍🏽

Nilz

Hi guys, recently setup a 50ru7100uk and it just keeps losing the WiFi connection. Everything else connects to the Internet fine, the TV just keeps saying it can't connect to the network. The Xbox is connected to the TV and on WiFi and this works fine, so the network is not the issue. I have rebooted the router and TV many times and still no good. Also checked both bands for the WiFi and again it makes no difference. Its a smart TV that's not so smart.

Unfortunately no option to hard wire as the router is on a different floor and room. I have also installed the latest firmware via USB as it obviously cannot connect to the Internet so unable to do an OTA update, again no joy or improvement.

Anyone else had this issue or know of it or how to resolve it?

Any assistance would be much appreciated👍🏽

Nilz
Couple of things you could try:

1. When the TV is connected to the WiFi, go into your router settings and reserve the IP address that it's been assigned, under your DHCP settings. This will ensure that it always connects to the same IP address.

2. Get yourself a couple of powerline adapters and hardwire the TV.

Couple of things you could try:

1. When the TV is connected to the WiFi, go into your router settings and reserve the IP address that it's been assigned, under your DHCP settings. This will ensure that it always connects to the same IP address.

2. Get yourself a couple of powerline adapters and hardwire the TV.

Thanks for the reply, the IP address is already set to be static.

As for the powerlines, for a TV with WiFi, it shouldn't be a requirement should it?

Everything else in the room connected to the same network runs absolutely fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom