Samsung RU 7 series owners thread

My NU8000 is a 120Hz panel, whereas the RU7400 is a 60Hz panel. So the motion on mine will be better than the RU7400.

You will only have an option for reducing judder; but no options for reducing blur.

Judder controls would be all you'd need for removing movie telecine though.
Has you have mentioned the judder control,one thing is puzzling me about it.
It’s 1-10 so does that mean if it’s set at number one there will be the most amount of judder and number 10 the least amount or the other way round?

Probably with 1 the most judder and with 10 the least. That's how Samsung normally works..

Yes, if you like to have the least amount of judder. Well some people talk about how they hate the so called 'soap opera effect' when things are way to smooth, but i will probably go for that too. Most people turn it off and experts almost always advice to turn it off or low. But i like the smooth motion.

Ok so at number 10 that makes the soap opera effect?
What about sport? High or low?

Yeah, the higher the number, the more pronouned the SoE.

For sports, it won't really have an effect, as judder is present in slow moving things; like wide pans in movies.

Sports is fast moving, so you would need blur option for that, which this model of TV doesn't have.

Yes. When watching sports i would also set it up high because you've got al lot of movement. But these high settings almost alway come with artefacts. Like if somebody is walking in front of a fence for instance, you will probably see an artefact like a halo around the person. Don't know for sure with this tv cause i just ordered it, but that is normally the case. I personally don't care too much about artefacts, i think that smooth motion is more important (to me). Good luck with trying, you could go easy and first put it on 5 or so and see what happens with motion.

Hello. Please tell me if someone has screen calibration settings for Samsung UE50RU7470U for viewing SD and HD content. I can't find such information. I would be very grateful.

Hello. Please tell me if someone has screen calibration settings for Samsung UE50RU7470U for viewing SD and HD content. I can't find such information. I would be very grateful.

I believe the closest model that has well documented settings is:

Though that is a curved model. After that, the next nearest would b:

Я считаю, что самая близкая модель, которая имеет хорошо документированные настройки, - это:

[URL unfurl= "true"] Samsung RU7300 Calibration Settings [/URL]

Хотя это и криволинейная модель. После этого, следующий ближайший будет b:

[URL unfurl= "true"] Samsung RU7100 Calibration Settings [/URL]
[/ЦИТАТА]
Эти настройки не совсем точны для Samsung UE50RU7470U . Я хотел бы иметь настройки специально для Samsung UE50RU7470U . Тем не менее, эти модели телевизоров незначительно отличаются как в аппаратном плане, так и в плане экрана . Поэтому мы хотели бы иметь более точные настройки калибровки экрана для этой конкретной модели телевизора.

These settings are not exactly accurate for the Samsung UE50RU7470U . I would like to have settings specifically for Samsung UE50RU7470U . All the same, these TV models differ slightly both in hardware and in terms of the screen . Therefore, we would like to have more accurate screen calibration settings for this particular TV model.

These settings are not exactly accurate for the Samsung UE50RU7470U . I would like to have settings specifically for Samsung UE50RU7470U .

Copying settings will never get you exactly accurate.

If you want a genuinely accurate picture, you are wasting your time copying settings. As even TVs from the same model series have panel variances. Plus there is the external factors of your personal viewing environment to consider.

If you want a genuinely accurate picture, then you should buy a colorimeter and use software to measure the results against test patterns.

All the same, these TV models differ slightly both in hardware and in terms of the screen . Therefore, we would like to have more accurate screen calibration settings for this particular TV model.

You won't get "more accurate" without measuring equipment.

If you are not wanting/willing to do that, then getting within the "ballpark" for the settings by using a guide for the same model, or nearest equivalent, is as good as you're going to get; which the guides I linked to are perfectly adequete for.

Last edited:
Copying settings will never get you exactly accurate.

If you want a genuinely accurate picture, you are wasting your time copying settings. As even TVs from the same model series have panel variances. Plus there is the external factors of your personal viewing environment to consider.

If you want a genuinely accurate picture, then you should buy a colorimeter and use software to measure the results against test patterns.

You won't get "more accurate" without measuring equipment.

If you are not wanting/willing to do that, then getting within the "ballpark" for the settings by using a guide for the same model, or nearest equivalent, is as good as you're going to get; which the guides I linked to are perfectly adequete for.
The fact that you need to fine-tune special equipment for each individual instance, I understand this perfectly. I just don't have that option. Therefore, I am looking for settings specifically for RU7470, so that they are more accurate

The fact that you need to fine-tune special equipment for each individual instance, I understand this perfectly. I just don't have that option. Therefore, I am looking for settings specifically for RU7470, so that they are more accurate

Best you can do is google it then.

But you'll notice that the top result is for the RU7100 that I linked to.

The 7470 is the same as the 7400, but in a light grey colour. With the difference between the 7400 and 7100 being the use of Dynamic Crystal Colour instead of PurColour, which honestly won't make much difference.

So for "close enough" settings, those suggested for the 7100 would work for the 7400/7470.

Or you could use the settings for the 7300, which is the same spec as the 7400/7470, but has a curved screen. Which again, wouldn't change the image that drastically.

Other than that, use a generic TV setup guide, such as that linked to in my signature, which guides you through how to set each setting for your TV.

Last edited:
I have a 43" RU7100. Was wondering what is the default setting for the "fit to screen" picture setting? On or Off?

I have the Samsung 43RU7400 and I would like to know what setting anyone who owns it has for the digital output audio delay. To get the best lip sync. What’s best 90, 100 , 110 etc
Thanks in advance

so i just picked up a 50ru7400, was going to get the 7100, but was twenty quid in it, so took a punt, a few questions, i mainly use it for gaming (pc) and watching movies, very rarely if ever watch sd content, so anyone know what the input lag is on these as the 7100 was supposed to ve very low and any picture settings about for either HD or gaming.
cheers in advance

I’ve got the 50RU7470 witch I think is the same but a different colour.dont know much about the input lag but I’ve a PS4 and the picture is really good.what I like is once you turn on the PS4 it automatically goes off of whatever you were watching and onto the PlayStation screen and switches to game mode,same when you turn it off.The LG I had before witch I took back and swapped for this was a pain,had to go into inputs and select the PS4.
As for settings I’ve not altered a thing and to be honest can’t see how it could be better,but no doubt it can be.

Last edited:
Not even changed the settings for normal viewing either,just watch it on natural,and everyone who’s seen it has complemented the picture.so happy days.

Not even changed the settings for normal viewing either,just watch it on natural,and everyone who’s seen it has complemented the picture.so happy days.
Cheers. Mine is on constantly game mode on pc. It's a pain to constantly switch for movies or sports, so only when I feel I need to switch I do

RU7400 55 inch: Can someone be so kind to measure the bottom of the stand up to the bottom of the screen?

And does anyone know the distance between the front of the screen to the back of the stand (the part at the end that rests on the table)

And does anyone know the distance between the front of the screen to the back of the stand (the part at the end that rests on the table)
what about front part of stand?, or do tv's have different sizes have different stands, but to answer your question its approx 200mm, from back of stand to front of screen on my 50 7400

what about front part of stand?, or do tv's have different sizes have different stands, but to answer your question its approx 200mm, from back of stand to front of screen on my 50 7400
Thanks! I hope this will be the same for the 55i. I have to know this specific distance because of building a construction for my center.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom