Samsung TV optical output to low to sound bar .-- what is the real fix?

suzonka

Standard Member
I never tried this on my Samsung TV, did any one else ever try this , In the equalizer menu if you adjust the little bars up a little to the plus + ,will the fixed optical out put be of greater volume,
my problem is this new TV simply has a very low fixed optical out port to my sound bar I purchased the best optical cable I could find , :thumbsdowso is there any way to increase the volume even a little more from the menu settings in audio for example .sports mode, or sound mode optimal ,maybe Dolby digital on or Dolby digital over HDMI? I have everything at mostly default on audio , even set to PCM so what would you suggest?

Attachments

Last edited:

suzonka

Standard Member
see JayCee
my problem is this new TV simply has a very low fixed optical out port to my sound bar I purchased the best optical cable I could find , so is there any way to increase the volume even a little more from the menu settings in audio for example .sports mode, or sound mode optimal ,maybe Dolby digital on or Dolby digital over HDMI? I have everything at mostly default on audio , even set to PCM so what would you suggest?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
There are no sound quality differences between optical cables so purchasing an expensive one is a waste of money.
There is nothing I can suggest which will increase the sound level of your TV's optical out port.
If your TV has a headphone socket and your soundbar has an Aux input you could connect via that method which will give you more control over the TV's sound level.

suzonka

Standard Member
so the sound controls wont help I do not have a head phone jack in the back of my TV so I have seen these little boxes on web sites that take in optical from the TV and have a headphone jack out , do you think that would enhance the volume ?..thank you for your support ?

Last edited: