Samsung tv wall mount one connect box where to put it?

mstar

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I am planning in my main room to have my samsung UE55ks7000 wall mounted with sky q in the other room. I am going to hide the cables to the mains socket using brush plates behind the tv and below next to the double power socket. I will also feed a ethernet cable to the TV from the brush plate to the wall mounted tv.

My dilemma is:

1. How do i hide the Samsung one connect box? do most of you attach it behind the TV or use a little AV shelf underneath? any recommended solutions?
2. I am running a 10-13 metre HDMI cable from the sky q box to my wall mount tv. Is this ok or my signal will diminish with this long reach?

I've attached mine to the wall as well, but using cable ties and self adhesive tie mounts. I have a photo somewhere...

Most people say 10m is the max for a regular high speed HDMI cable, otherwise drop outs can occur.

20161202_234210.jpg

There will be plenty of room to mount near the top of the tv on the wall, As the gap is quite big due to the spacers :)

Sticky Velcro is probably your easiest bet, Of maybe in the middle of the tv mount as the space there is usually quite big. If you mount near to the top/side it will allow easy access to grab pull it out should you need to change/add a cable :)

I guess then i be wasting my money on a Vogel tv wall bracket as i have to put the samsung one box behind.

Is there any issues with ventilation with the samsung one box with heat coming from the back of the tv too?

I guess then i be wasting my money on a Vogel tv wall bracket as i have to put the samsung one box behind.

Is there any issues with ventilation with the samsung one box with heat coming from the back of the tv too?
Some have reported the box gets warm, not noticed any issues with mine though.

Re the bracket, I have a motorised tilt mount so can easily access the box with the TV at full tilt.

Some have reported the box gets warm, not noticed any issues with mine though.

Re the bracket, I have a motorised tilt mount so can easily access the box with the TV at full tilt.

Hi Adam. I saw your post and wanted to ask a follow up question about the one connect installation. This is all new to me so accept my apologies if my questions are not clear.

I recently picked up a 55" Samsung UHD, but haven't unpacked it. I planned to mount it over a fireplace on a mount that swivels and also drops he TV down quite a bit to help alleviate next strain. Unfortunately, the one connect cable is barely long enough to reach the TV from my first choice location for that one connect box (and I can't run it through the wall. (It's a shame the cable is limited In length as it nearly defeats the purpose of a clean wall installation.). All that said, is it possible to attach the box to the back of the TV using Velcro strips instead of to the wall? For me at least, I think it may be my preferred solution.

Hi Adam. I saw your post and wanted to ask a follow up question about the one connect installation. This is all new to me so accept my apologies if my questions are not clear.

I recently picked up a 55" Samsung UHD, but haven't unpacked it. I planned to mount it over a fireplace on a mount that swivels and also drops he TV down quite a bit to help alleviate next strain. Unfortunately, the one connect cable is barely long enough to reach the TV from my first choice location for that one connect box (and I can't run it through the wall. (It's a shame the cable is limited In length as it nearly defeats the purpose of a clean wall installation.). All that said, is it possible to attach the box to the back of the TV using Velcro strips instead of to the wall? For me at least, I think it may be my preferred solution.
Totally agree about the cable being too short! There is a 3m version but I can't recall anybody confirming it worked with this model.

Anyway, yes you should be able to stick the box to the back of the TV, or even to your chosen mount bracket.

Thanks, Adam. I can't believe Samsung doesn't have a customizable solution for us. Appreciate your time.

Totally agree about the cable being too short! There is a 3m version but I can't recall anybody confirming it worked with this model.

Anyway, yes you should be able to stick the box to the back of the TV, or even to your chosen mount bracket.

Hi Adam,

I have just bought a 43” Samsung the frame and I’d like to mount the power sockets, ‘oneconnectbox’ and the ‘skyQ mini box’ behind the TV in a ‘PC525 recessed wall storage box in between the studs’. I’d like to ask if the remote controls for the oneconnectbox and the SkyQ will work if the boxes are behind the TV?
Or would I need IR extenders for the ‘oneconnectbox’ and ‘skyQ’ boxes (if they’re available, but it kind o f defeats the object)

I’ve attached a photo of the PC525, studs and a photo of an installation I saw in you tube

I’d really appreciate your help mate, thanks

Attachments

• BB24997B-5B28-4752-BC3E-11EAF3773C31.jpeg
    BB24997B-5B28-4752-BC3E-11EAF3773C31.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,963
  • 7639784A-31B3-4F38-809B-8CB59383F5E0.png
    7639784A-31B3-4F38-809B-8CB59383F5E0.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 14,901
  • 785226CD-9EA4-4CD0-9BD1-999F3571F682.jpeg
    785226CD-9EA4-4CD0-9BD1-999F3571F682.jpeg
    515 KB · Views: 5,888
Hi Adam,

I have just bought a 43” Samsung the frame and I’d like to mount the power sockets, ‘oneconnectbox’ and the ‘skyQ mini box’ behind the TV in a ‘PC525 recessed wall storage box in between the studs’. I’d like to ask if the remote controls for the oneconnectbox and the SkyQ will work if the boxes are behind the TV?
Or would I need IR extenders for the ‘oneconnectbox’ and ‘skyQ’ boxes (if they’re available, but it kind o f defeats the object)

I’ve attached a photo of the PC525, studs and a photo of an installation I saw in you tube

Attachments

• B86517A7-0E8F-4719-8526-ABB3B414A910.jpeg
    B86517A7-0E8F-4719-8526-ABB3B414A910.jpeg
    515 KB · Views: 3,937
  • B98F07D1-E774-4B0B-94A2-A1F5303B1B23.png
    B98F07D1-E774-4B0B-94A2-A1F5303B1B23.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 3,363
  • 9C730F06-6701-412F-BE12-CB6C902FC73F.jpeg
    9C730F06-6701-412F-BE12-CB6C902FC73F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,314
Hi Adam,

Here’s the link for the video I saw of the ‘oneconnectbox’ an ‘skyQ’ boxes behind the Frame tv

Hi Adam,

I'm not familiar with the TV, but assume it the same as other Samsungs that has the IR receiver built in to the TV rather than the One Connect box.

As for the Sky Q Mini, best bet would be to use the Bluetooth remote.

Hi Adam

I know this is an old thread but was wondering if you can help. I have just bought a Samsung Frame tv and ran the cable for the one connect box through the wall into another room. I really want to wall mount the one connect box to keep it out of the way, but can't see to find a wall mount that would fit. Any ideas ?

Hi Adam

I know this is an old thread but was wondering if you can help. I have just bought a Samsung Frame tv and ran the cable for the one connect box through the wall into another room. I really want to wall mount the one connect box to keep it out of the way, but can't see to find a wall mount that would fit. Any ideas ?
The link in post 11 is a possible option.

Thanks Adam. Is this not a box to fit inside a wall cavity though ? All I want is some sort of bracket to fix it to the wall securely. Hideit brackets do a couple, one just for the one connect box but neither are shipped to the UK. Just wondered if anyone had found something that does the same job

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom