Samsung UE**JS9000 Owners' thread

Ok..... Hope so, can't wait :) My team Villa are in the Championship , does anyone know if that will be UHD ???

Only prem games.........ouch :laugh:. Maybe next season , but with Benny Hill in charge maybe not ;).

The Championship is going to be well hard this season, Newcastle are finding out as they're 1-0 down:D:D

Totally forgot Friday Night football :facepalm: watching BvS again so will have to pass. It's gonna be a hard championship to be sure , not sure AV have the right manager in place for that scrap.

Totally forgot Friday Night football :facepalm: watching BvS again so will have to pass. It's gonna be a hard championship to be sure , not sure AV have the right manager in place for that scrap.
Not my first choice, but we have signed best goal scorer in Championship 'Mc.Cormack'........fingers crossed:thumbsup:

The 1460 firmware update has really given the JS a new lease of life , was considering chopping it in but overall PQ and motion handling has been greatly improved over multiple formats.

My backlight & contrast are not auto high like with UHD player?? Got everything UHD on with SkyQ and tv ?????? Does tv not auto HDR with SkyQ ?

No sky have not enabled hdr yet or if they ever have plans too

My backlight & contrast are not auto high like with UHD player?? Got everything UHD on with SkyQ and tv ?????? Does tv not auto HDR with SkyQ ?

Sky Q does not support HDR at the moment. Will do in the near future.

No sky have not enabled hdr yet or if they ever have plans too

I believe they have plans to support HDR for future programming, F1 night races would look so good.

Sky Q does not support HDR at the moment. Will do in the near future.
So do you just leave your normal tv setting while watching the new sky UHD or do you pump up your backlight?? I'll do my wife's head-in changing settings all the time!!!! Lol

I know this is the wrong page but it would be interesting to know what uhd setting sky q goes to on panasonic lg ect tv does it goto uhd -8 bit for none hdr and 12bit on panasonic ect

So do you just leave your normal tv setting while watching the new sky UHD or do you pump up your backlight?? I'll do my wife's head-in changing settings all the time!!!! Lol

You adjust nothing for a UHD signal that doesn't support HDR metadata , 4K Netflix for example . HDR10 source will increase the backlight, contrast when the TV sees the HDR source. No need to change nuthin.

Ok folks BvS UHD end credits , look at that light bleed ;) , pretty danm good for a LED. Where dem shocking greys at that a poster mentioned that the UHD disc couldn't do on the JS ?

20160805_230344.jpg
20160805_230340.jpg
20160805_230337.jpg

Taken in a pitch black room. If you look closely at the right hand side you can just make out the wifes mood light in the room behind .

Last edited:
Ok folks BvS end credits , look at that light bleed ;) , pretty danm good for a LED.

View attachment 744492 View attachment 744493 View attachment 744494

Taken in a pitch black room. If you look closely at the right hand side you can just make out the wifes mood light in the room behind .
Two things have really surprised me with the JS9000 given its an LED LCD and an edge lit one at that. The blacks, which really are plasma-esque, and the screen uniformity which is equally as good.

I've watched a fair bit of football now and I've not seen any DSE or banding of any sort.

I was initially worried as I've actually got a 43" 2015 J Series model (non 4K, I can't remember the full model number) in the bedroom and the DSE on that is pretty shocking.

Two things have really surprised me with the JS9000 given its an LED LCD and an edge lit one at that. The blacks, which really are plasma-esque, and the screen uniformity which is equally as good.

I've watched a fair bit of football now and I've not seen any DSE or banding of any sort.

I was initially worried as I've actually got a 43" 2015 J Series model (non 4K, I can't remember the full model number) in the bedroom and the DSE on that is pretty shocking.

It can be very impressive at times given a good source and correct settings on TV and Player ( both important ).to get best results

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom