Samsung UE**KS7000/7500 Owners thread

Does anyone else have issues with having to retune every month or so?
I've noticed in the last year, channels just seem to vanish from the inbuilt live tv service - retuning fixes it.
I've had a new aerial fitted recently, which I thought would solve it - but nope.

Got a strange problem - when I open the Youtube app, it takes me to a router error page in what looks like a web browser (specifically a BT Smart Hub page).

It used to work before, but all of a sudden its doing this - no idea how to fix it- help!
I've seen that too in the past. Powered everything off (at the wall) and back on fixed it.

Surely the BBC have by now learned enough from this "trial". Can we have something permanent please?
I spoke to the BBC about it - they blamed Samsung. So I spoke to Samsung, they blamed the BBC.
Basically, it ain't happening.

Fingers crossed for the Android App to get it for my Shield.

New update message now available to download on my TV.
Looking online I hear its firmware 1242..?
I'm not sure I want to update. Anyone updated... Have you noticed any improvements?

Does anyone else have issues with having to retune every month or so?
I've noticed in the last year, channels just seem to vanish from the inbuilt live tv service - retuning fixes it.
I've had a new aerial fitted recently, which I thought would solve it - but nope.
Pff, Richer Sounds want to take my TV away for testing for up to 6 weeks to see if it happens when they have it. wtf am I supposed to do without a telly for nearly 2 months at the moment???

Pff, Richer Sounds want to take my TV away for testing for up to 6 weeks to see if it happens when they have it. wtf am I supposed to do without a telly for nearly 2 months at the moment???
Go to the pub.. Oh wait

I'd ask them for a loaner - given the current situation that would seem appropriate action.

Lost c3 and 4 this morning. Took a photo of the signal info then returned.
Working perfectly now, but on a totally different multiplex.
Went would the TV keep changing the saved channel info?

I've done a full reset just now. What a faff that is!

Does anyone else with a KS7000 get 4K on Disney+ ?

Mine is just listing shows as HDR10 HD and not 4K. Netflix and Prime work find in HD

Lost c3 and 4 this morning. Took a photo of the signal info then returned.
Working perfectly now, but on a totally different multiplex.
Went would the TV keep changing the saved channel info?

I've done a full reset just now. What a faff that is!
Exactly one week later the multiple for C3,4,5 etc has changed itself from one channel to another. Exact same thing it did last time.

Anyone seen this happen before? The signal on the correct channel is nearly perfect, so I cannot think why the TV would do this?

Mines never streamed in 4k and every time I start it the app freezes and I have to reload D+. Just use the app on my Fire TV Cube now and stream in 4k Atmos and it doesn't crash at all!

Does anyone else with a KS7000 get 4K on Disney+ ?

Mine is just listing shows as HDR10 HD and not 4K. Netflix and Prime work find in HD

Hi again all.

Still having issues with any HDR content. Can you guys check if you're HDR video is ok? On mine it looks totally washed out as soon as HDR is enabled. Only way I can get it looking decent is by enabling dynamic contrast which then produces auto dimming which I hate. This started months ago after an update and has ruined a perfectly good TV for me. Luckily I mostly use it for gaming but when I do watch an HDR movie it bugs the hell outta me.

Do you guys have to enable dynamic contrast to get HDR stuff to look nice and bright? I've tried with internal apps and ps4 pro content.

Just wondering off the back of this what the general opinion of the HDR on the KS7000 is?

I've stopped using it on mine as the picture just seems muted in comparison. I changed my mind after the Disney+ app didn't support 4K on it so I bought a Roku Premiere. Previously I'd just used the inbuilt apps on the TV, Netflix, Prime etc. HDR didn't seem great, for a while on Netflix the colours would get dimmer as a shot progressed, but I sort of lived with it.

However the Roku had a 4K without HDR on option and forcing it to that meant the picture was much brighter and colours far better. That of course seems the complete opposite to what HDR was meant to do. I'm using the Movie picture mode obviously and have all relevant options on.

This thread is so long that I didn't fancy reading all the way through it but it just seems to me now either my set doesn't do HDR properly or it's not implemented that well on the KS7000s.

What's the consensus?

Wait, the Disney+ app doesn't support 4k on the KS7000? I'm seeing some shows in 4k... Well, the blurb says it's 4k, and pic seems pretty good when I play them

Wait, the Disney+ app doesn't support 4k on the KS7000? I'm seeing some shows in 4k... Well, the blurb says it's 4k, and pic seems pretty good when I play them

What does the detail of the episode say? if I go in to details it'll say it's available in 4K, but then pick that episode and before you play it'll show what is available to you, and my KS7000 only shows HD HDR 5.1 NOT 4k. The version of the app is 1.2.0 but my firesticks app version is 1.4.2, so I reckon the 4k support is not yet available on our TV's, I read that same thing happened with D+ when it launched in the USA on the KS8000, that launched without HDR, then was added later, and then 4k added later still.

What does the detail of the episode say? if I go in to details it'll say it's available in 4K, but then pick that episode and before you play it'll show what is available to you, and my KS7000 only shows HD HDR 5.1 NOT 4k. The version of the app is 1.2.0 but my firesticks app version is 1.4.2, so I reckon the 4k support is not yet available on our TV's, I read that same thing happened with D+ when it launched in the USA on the KS8000, that launched without HDR, then was added later, and then 4k added later still.

I'll have a check. Haven't been able to get near it to test now my 6-year-old has discovered Muppet Babies is on there...

Just checked and I'm getting the same as you. Could have sworn it said 4k before but must have been imagining it. Let's hope we get an update soon. I had a quick look and it seems a lot of people are having the same thing. Disney blame Samsung and Samsung blame Disney. It seems to be an issue with the app detecting if the screen is capable of presenting 4k60.

Exactly one week later the multiple for C3,4,5 etc has changed itself from one channel to another. Exact same thing it did last time.

Anyone seen this happen before? The signal on the correct channel is nearly perfect, so I cannot think why the TV would do this?
Turn off stand by auto tuning

Hi everyone. Just noticed last week that the Youtube app on my KS7000 is now littered with what I assume are Korean characters. The language and location settings in the TV menu and the app itself seem to be correct, i.e. English and GB/UK, but still this persists. Looking around online and this seems to be a fairly common issue for a number of TVs from different manufacturers, but finding a fix has been more difficult. Any clues please?

Mines done the same... Uninstalled and reinstalled, hard reset the TV but nothing works. Not holding my breath for a fix as we still have only HD on Disney Plus and that's not been fixed. Really puts me off Samsung tvs in the future.

Hi everyone. Just noticed last week that the Youtube app on my KS7000 is now littered with what I assume are Korean characters. The language and location settings in the TV menu and the app itself seem to be correct, i.e. English and GB/UK, but still this persists. Looking around online and this seems to be a fairly common issue for a number of TVs from different manufacturers, but finding a fix has been more difficult. Any clues please?

Frustrating! I don’t know why or exactly when it happened, it just seems the most peculiar thing to have happened. Not noticed anything else yet...

I also get the YouTube icon disappearing when you highlight it on the smart bar but the app still works...albeit in Korean lol

hi can anyone confirm if the KS7000 model lineup is working with Sky Q HDR, which should have been rolled out today? I was unaware this TV had a HLG update and was under the impression i would need a new TV!

Hello all. Does anyone have, what I would call, light bleed. Mine is down by the Samsung logo part of the bezel. It happens with the Samsung logo lit or unlit. Any ideas?

Well! Yet another reason to dump this TV now!

Went to open the Disney+ app and have been greeted with a message saying the app is temporarily unavailable and that they are working with the manufacturer to resolve the issue! Wtf? Samsung gave up on this TV in 2018 so I can't see how this is going to ever be resolved. Never buying Samsung again!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom