Samsung UE**KS7000/7500 Owners thread

Well! Yet another reason to dump this TV now!

Went to open the Disney+ app and have been greeted with a message saying the app is temporarily unavailable and that they are working with the manufacturer to resolve the issue! Wtf? Samsung gave up on this TV in 2018 so I can't see how this is going to ever be resolved. Never buying Samsung again!

I have a very unhappy 6 year old. "it's been 4 days now dad, when are they going to fix it?", so I went and bought a Roku stick. I mean, we can cast from phones, but that's not ideal. The added bonus is it'll be in 4k on the Roku as well...

hi can anyone confirm if the KS7000 model lineup is working with Sky Q HDR, which should have been rolled out today? I was unaware this TV had a HLG update and was under the impression i would need a new TV!
I can confirm that it does display HDR, just upgraded my package to UHD.

538F60C3-B5EA-4CF6-BBD1-B813C3E7A08F.jpeg

I can confirm that it does display HDR, just upgraded my package to UHD.

View attachment 1315705

thanks for the reply mate. I had to plug my Q box directly to the TVs HDMI as my AV receiver didn't support HLG, and it worked fine. i forgot to update the thread! There is still life left in the old dog yet!

Anyone know if the Sonos Arc will work with this TV?

I can't see any reason why not, it's got optical out and ARC over HDMI. I don't know how the Sonos works though. If it passes through HDMI (so sources->Sonos arc->telly) then yes as well.

I'm looking for a TV to replace my old Panny 37" LED G10B, was looking for a later plasma originally, but they're quite hard to come by and found someone selling a 43KS7500 for £300.

I can't really seem to do any better for the money specs wise, with the Samsung having good HDR, and a quality 'SUHD' panel.

I see some having issues here in the thread though, so puts me off a little; I know those with problems are more likely to post, but are these common major issues with the age of the model? Especially buying used without any warranty :eek:

Hi. Can’t say anything about curved screens but the price seems a little high for the age of TV IMO.
I think you could get larger or newer for that price.

Hi. Can’t say anything about curved screens but the price seems a little high for the age of TV IMO.
I think you could get larger or newer for that price.

I have to agree, I thought the KS7500 was a slightly newer model but after further research it is starting to date a little, I may offer something in the low 200s seeing prices here, but the seller might take offense to that 🤞

Anyone mind checking the video quality in Dinsey+ app on either of these TVs. Mind is still limited to HD only.
Thanks

Definitely only 1080p for me (KS7000) and no HDR. It’s really frustrating because the TV can clearly support it. If I run the Disney+ app on my Xbox I get full 4K HDR.

Samsung seem to like dropping support for their TVs very quickly...a few small updates but lots of promised stuff just disappeared... is this the same with other manufacturers.. I can’t say.
So how long should a company support their products for.. in my opinion 5-10 years. Try and stop this throw away ideology. But others may disagree... everyone has an opinion and we have to accept what the manufacturers decide / offer us. We are at their mercy.
You could complain to Samsung.. but I doubt this will fix things. Like bbciplayer uhd content.. both companies blame each other. Personally I think Samsung could have done more.. but why should they.... they have newer TVs out there that will fix this problem for you. This is the future.🙁

So I had this response from Disney+;

“Following the communication you had with one of our advocates, I have been informed you had trouble streaming 4k/UHD in your Samsung TV with model number KS7000 which is a 2016 model. I am sorry to inform you that even though has 4k capabilities, it is not currently compatible with 4k streaming through the Disney+ app.”

That puts an end to that then. Tried a 4K firestick and that works perfectly fine, just not as simple to use as the TV app.

Remember if remotes are getting out of hand... the Logitech harmony remote works great 👍
I use a Roku stick on the other tv and that’s plenty fast enough.

Think I already know the answer to this but... will the UE49KS7000 support 4k/120fps on the new Xbox series X?

I'm thinking not because it doesn't have a 2.1hdmi port?

A long shot but does anyone know whether the KS7000 supports the Prime Video app? Samsung say yes, but a lengthy web chat failed to find it anywhere.

A long shot but does anyone know whether the KS7000 supports the Prime Video app? Samsung say yes, but a lengthy web chat failed to find it anywhere.
Sure does... Its pretty slow and clunky but still works OK in my Ks7000 as I recently watched Borat

Think I already know the answer to this but... will the UE49KS7000 support 4k/120fps on the new Xbox series X?

I'm thinking not because it doesn't have a 2.1hdmi port?
yup, no hdmi 2.1 so 120fps or variable rates on this panel. I'm just waiting for my 13month old to throw a toy at the screen so I can buy a new one!

Sure does... Its pretty slow and clunky but still works OK in my Ks7000 as I recently watched Borat
Weird. I can’t find it anywhere. And neither could the support chap point me to it. Was yours pre-installed or did you have to download it?

Weird. I can’t find it anywhere. And neither could the support chap point me to it. Was yours pre-installed or did you have to download it?

Did you update your TV in the TV options?

Amazon prime app.

Did you go in to view all apps

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom