Samsung UE**MU7000 / 7070 Owners Thread

alba Phenom

Standard Member
Reaction score
Apologies if there is already a thread for this but I can't seem to find one and did notice a few threads relating to this TV, so if there isn't one then hopefully owners of this TV can add their input, questions, guides, reviews, settings and advise here.

Unboxing Video

Samsung 55-inch MU7000 (MU8000) Review: 4K, HDR, Gaming

Samsung MU7000 Best Picture Settings for Day, Night, Gaming and HDR

Some Xbox Settings

AV Forums Review of the UE55MU7000

Samsung UE55MU7000 4K LED TV Review

There's been a recent price drop on some if not all models on this set and a 55" now can be picked up for between £799 - £949

Last edited:
Does anyone have dimensions for the back of the TV i.e. positions of wall mount holes, etc?

Also, can anyone advise what connections are on the back of the TV and not on the One Connect Box?

and lastly, can anyone advise the length of the cable for the One Connect Box?

I have the 49" version, these are my comments.

It has a VESA 400 x 400. ( 400mm between top left and top right, 400m between bottom left and bottom right, and 400mm between top left and bottom left, and top right and bottom right).
You will need to use the Plastic Wall Mount adapters for Wall Mounting and for Canteliver stands, this is because the depth is different at top than the bottom.

The Back of the TV has the following: One Connect Box, Power, Ethernet, USB.
I think that's all, the rest are on the One Connect box.

The Cable is quite long, its at least 2m.

If anyone knows good picture setup settings I would like to know.
I tried the ones of rtings.com, but found them poor, try for yourself: Samsung MU8000 LED TV Calibration Settings
The review is for the US version, which is called MU8000. (MU7000 in UK)

It has a VESA 400 x 400. ( 400mm between top left and top right, 400m between bottom left and bottom right, and 400mm between top left and bottom left, and top right and bottom right).
You will need to use the Plastic Wall Mount adapters for Wall Mounting and for Canteliver stands, this is because the depth is different at top than the bottom.

I tried the ones of rtings.com, but found them poor, try for yourself: Samsung MU8000 LED TV Calibration Settings

Hey!

I have the 49" version, too - for Sky Q, I use the following settings:

Backlight - 14 (sometimes move it up/down 1, but most viewing it stays at 14)
Contrast - 86 (sometimes move it up/down 1, but most viewing it stays at 86)
Color Tone - Warm 2
Auto Motion Plus - Judder on 3, rest turned off
HDMI UHD Colour - On
Color Space - Native
Local Dimming - Low
Constrast Enhancer - Off

Hey!

I have the 49" version, too - for Sky Q, I use the following settings:

Backlight - 14 (sometimes move it up/down 1, but most viewing it stays at 14)
Contrast - 86 (sometimes move it up/down 1, but most viewing it stays at 86)
Color Tone - Warm 2
Auto Motion Plus - Judder on 3, rest turned off
HDMI UHD Colour - On
Color Space - Native
Local Dimming - Low
Constrast Enhancer - Off
Thanks.
Which mode do you have it on, Standard, Dynamic, etc...?

Thanks.
Which mode do you have it on, Standard, Dynamic, etc...?

Oh, can't remember that one - maybe Movie, not sure - definitely not Dynamic - will check later.

Overall, I'm happy with the settings but as mentioned, I do tinker with the brightness and contrast just a tad (depending on if it's SD, HD or UHD content).

Hi guys,

Purchased a UE65M7000 on friday, really happy with the TV. Only 1 question though, have the NIGHT-CAL and DAY-CAL settings been removed/changed, also i see mentioned an AUTO-CAL option in certain write ups, but i can find none of them.

Any help is much appreciated.

Tom

I also cannot find these settings.
Is it possible that the guide was for setting up the UN**MU7000 ?
This is a different model in the US, the equivalent in the US is the UN**MU8000

I have no idea, I don't think it was...but it's frustrating as I would like a day and night calibration. I wonder if it was available in an older software version which has since been updated out of them?

Oh, can't remember that one - maybe Movie, not sure - definitely not Dynamic - will check later.

Overall, I'm happy with the settings but as mentioned, I do tinker with the brightness and contrast just a tad (depending on if it's SD, HD or UHD content).
Hi
Are you able to check which picture mode you had it on?
Thank you.

Thanks for that @aearose

In order to answer my own post on this one, I measured it tonight and it is the top two VESA fix points are 170mm from the top of the TV.

I was looking for that dimension in order to know where to position my wall bracket on the wall.

Maybe I misunderstood, but hope it helped.?

Yep, definitely a help, thanks a lot... the more info we can cram in this thread the better for owners.

I've put the TV up without the plastic spacers it seems but as I used a mount from PC World which is just a single bar along the op two fixing points, the TV is jutting out at the bottom, so I need to take it down and swap out the wall mount anyway.

Any recommendations for wall mounts that are fixed and keep the tv as tight to the wall top and bottom appreciated.

I also cannot find these settings.
Is it possible that the guide was for setting up the UN**MU7000 ?
This is a different model in the US, the equivalent in the US is the UN**MU8000

I've updated my OP with a settings vid from AV Forums, I'm assuming they would be using a UK TV.

Mine doesn't have the settings either.

Last edited:
I see there's an update available for mine right out the box, is it safe to install or will it be a "hey, surprise.. we just bricked your TV" update?

Just a point regarding the Xbox One X set-up video in the OP - be interesting to hear other people's experiences with using an X1X with a 49" MU7000 in 10-bit color mode - any X1X owners out there able to play games in 10-bit color mode (with HDMI UHD Color activated on the TV)? For some reason, my X1X shuts itself down when I try, so not sure if it's the X1X not liking the "fake 10-bit" or whether it points to a fault with the console.

Im considering the 75" for my home cinema, would that review for the 55" all still apply or are there other factors to consider on the larger screen?

My knowledge of HDR is reasonably limited, my current TV has the "fake 10 bit" I believe - is it the same on this TV then, not the best HDR available?

Hows everyone finding the TV in general?

Thanks

Im considering the 75" for my home cinema, would that review for the 55" all still apply or are there other factors to consider on the larger screen?

My knowledge of HDR is reasonably limited, my current TV has the "fake 10 bit" I believe - is it the same on this TV then, not the best HDR available?

Hows everyone finding the TV in general?

Thanks
I have the 49" version.
Very happy with it, would like to have gone bigger, but not practical.

I think i read somewhere that the 55" upwards is a 10bit panel, but I could be wrong.

Thanks chaps, and is this true/real/proper 10 bit or some sort of compromise?

Im going to take some measurements today but the plan is to go for the 75" version as long as I can achieve correct viewing distances etc (my seats are fixed into the ground so no room to manuevre)

My wife is under the impression that my last TV upgrade was a lot longer ago than it actually was so I need to strike now while the opportunity is there lol - its a shame its so hard to sell a used TV round here.

I have asked about the auto cal and no body seems to know ...
Ask Steve Withers, he clearly states in his review of the UE55MU700:
"The MU7000 includes Samsung's auto calibration feature, which works very well and bypasses the local dimming making it easier to calibrate the greyscale and gamma. Samsung have also added two new picture modes – Cal-Day and Cal-Night – although these are only available once the auto cal feature has been run, after which they are permanently added to the service board"

Any ideas Steve Withers on the auto calibration feature... were to find it or what it is

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom