Question Samsung UE43RU7470UXXU Help

Also you will definitely notice a huge difference from your previous TV when viewing hd, 4k, blu ray, and gaming. But don't expect massive strides forward with SD and dvd content. This has nothing to do with the quality of the TV it's to do with the quality of the source material
thanks bro i feel more confident in my decision now! was gonna get the cheaper one and use the left over money toget a ps4 pro sooner but decided to get the better tv instead, dont think il regret it because as u said will probs be my tv for the next 5 years or more and its only 100 quid defo worth it! cant wait to see planet earth 2 in gloriouse 4k :p:p but im really holding my breath for red dead redemtion 2 in 4k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah just a word of warning when you first turn your tv on and you see the picture on normal TV your heart will sink a bit but don't worry it's only because the TV is not set up properly

I have been playing metro Exodus and the graphics are unreal. Even with a normal ps4 you still get hdr. I want a ps4 pro next, but I am hanging on I think for a ps5. The only reason is because with a ps5 I will basically get a 4k blu ray player free with it because I think the ps5 allows you to each 4k blu rays

Yeah just a word of warning when you first turn your tv on and you see the picture on normal TV your heart will sink a bit but don't worry it's only because the TV is not set up properly
what setting should i change? i dont really know anything about tv settings and is there a restore to default option if i mess it up?

Yeah they is it's at the bottom of each pre set in the expert settings. Before you change picture go to general in the menu, then eco solution turn ambient light off, turn energy saving mode off and turn motion lighting off.
Then go to picture settings.
The picture settings I am using are.
Picture mode = movie
Then click expert settings.
Backlight 50
Brightness 0
Contrast 45
Sharpness 3
Colour 25
Tint 0
Digital clean view = off
Auto motion= custom (judder reduction 2, led clear motion off)
Colour tone = either standard/warm 1 or warm 2 (this is completely to your taste I can't work out if I prefer standard or warm 1, I am currently using warm 2)
Don't touch white balance
Gamma 2.2
RGB only = off
Colour space settings = native

Hope this helps

Sorry I meant to say I am currently using warm 1 not warm 2 in colour tone sorry, you might prefer standard but it's a bit to bright for my eyes

Yeah they is it's at the bottom of each pre set in the expert settings. Before you change picture go to general in the menu, then eco solution turn ambient light off, turn energy saving mode off and turn motion lighting off.
Then go to picture settings.
The picture settings I am using are.
Picture mode = movie
Then click expert settings.
Backlight 50
Brightness 0
Contrast 45
Sharpness 3
Colour 25
Tint 0
Digital clean view = off
Auto motion= custom (judder reduction 2, led clear motion off)
Colour tone = either standard/warm 1 or warm 2 (this is completely to your taste I can't work out if I prefer standard or warm 1, I am currently using warm 2)
Don't touch white balance
Gamma 2.2
RGB only = off
Colour space settings = native

Hope this helps
thankyou this will be a huge help when the tv arrives! unfortunetly when i ordred it currys said they were out of stock but the orders gone through but they say it will be arriving some time in the next 20 days lol bit of a pain! but what ya gonna do lol Wont lowering the brightness hurt hdr? i thought that relied on brightness. Ngl im cautiously optimistic about this tv im really hopeing it has great colours! as i have been spoiled by my brothers mac which has a retina screen recently.... i know it wont be quite as good as that but heers to hopeing its compareable lol, because gameing with those greens and supple reds would be fantastic.

Lol. When you turn your PlayStation on your tv will enter the game mode setting which has its own set up that's completely different to these settings, so these setting won't matter. You don't need to change game mode settings in my opinion they are spot on straight out of the box and then when you go back to normal TV, game mode automatically turns off back to these settings or whatever settings you choose

Because I went from a plasma to this TV. I have never had a smart TV it took a while to get used to it and how to get the most out of it, it's was very confusing. It's like always owning and playing on a Xbox for all your life and then suddenly getting a PlayStation, they are basically this same thing, do the same thing have the same games but at the same time completely different and take time getting used to. It's like digital clean view setting on the tv, I don't know what it is and still don't but I know the TV looks better without it lol, the thing I really like about the TV is the dimming it's really good when watching films

Because I went from a plasma to this TV. I have never had a smart TV it took a while to get used to it and how to get the most out of it, it's was very confusing. It's like always owning and playing on a Xbox for all your life and then suddenly getting a PlayStation, they are basically this same thing, do the same thing have the same games but at the same time completely different and take time getting used to. It's like digital clean view setting on the tv, I don't know what it is and still don't but I know the TV looks better without it lol, the thing I really like about the TV is the dimming it's really good when watching films
yeah i get that! and its cool that it automatically changes to game mode thats pretty awesome, as i am 100% sure id forget 99% of the time to change it from game to movie each time! so my final question then i guess if you dont mind! (allready been very helpfull) is the tvs colours! its advertised as haveing dynamic crystal colours over the ru7100 model so im hopeing that the extra money means that we get more/vivid colours for gameing and hdr everything looks nice does it? deffinetly notice the hdr is there and giveing some benefit? as i read one review where it said it was a little washed out.

The hdr looks a bit washed out on normal TV but on game mode it's fine and really adds to the game. So the way I see it, is if it looks good on game mode then I can get it to look good everywhere else, I just haven't watched enough in 4k yet for me to really test it

The hdr looks a bit washed out on normal TV but on game mode it's fine and really adds to the game. So the way I see it, is if it looks good on game mode then I can get it to look good everywhere else, I just haven't watched enough in 4k yet for me to really test it
hehe im really glad it looks good in game mode as i primarily bought the tv for gameing, so aslong as it looks good in game mode im happy :p :p and washed out or not it must have a better picture than my old tv so im sure il be happy no matter what lol I just whish currys would hurry up and deliver the damn thing already!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom