Samsung UE55KS8000 - Currys PC World Replacement

Jamsie21

Novice Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

I purchased a Samsung UE55KS8000 55" television back in November 2016, however over the last few months I began to notice an issue with the screen.

I contacted Currys PC World as I had a 5 year guarantee with them and they picked up the television almost two weeks ago.

I was today informed that the TV was unrepairable due to the parts for the television no longer being made and would be issued with a replacement voucher.

At this time I do not know how much the replacement voucher will be worth, but have been told it will be up to the value of what I paid for the television back in 2016 which was £1550.

I am not overly great with new television technology, but know the tv I purchased was of a good quality and im wondering what I should be pushing for in the way of a replacement?

I spoke to Samsung and they have advised that the like for like model replacement would be a Samsung QE55Q80TATXXU and im just wondering if anyone had opinions on it?

Hope to hear from some of you.

Thanks!

Just noticed your post and no sure if you sorted it out but please let us know the result just in case:
If you are still disputing it get it credited as gift voucher then with that you got more spending power.
It did happen to me 2 years ago and because I was not happy with what they tried to offer they did refund it as gift voucher and in full.
In my case the newer models were a lot more expensive at the time and therefore they had no choice. In your case what it does count is the price you paid against the offer which is a lot cheaper despite the fact that you getting a lot better. It is a huge upgrade but try to get it credited as gift voucher then with that you got more spending power.

Last edited:
No! Not the Q80T.

Your model had a One Connect box, most likely higher peak brightness, an additional HDMI port (?).

I had the KS7500 and identified a TV that was on spec in terms of these and it was more than the original £800 I paid. I basically said that their Terms say up to the same spec, and that the only TV of the same spec was more than I paid. So I requested the full purchase amount. They gave me it no questions asked.

Find your TV and compare against the current QLED line-up and find differences to get your purchase amount back!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom